Which melee class would you consider the best?

Which melee class would you consider the best? Also pls criticize any of them about their flaws or stupid abilities.

• Paladin
  • Knight
  • Warrior

0 voters

A melee’s only flaw is it’s range and all 3 abilities are op.

(unless you’re talking about the Samurai)

In my opinion, I’d say Warrior, but Paladin only narrowly follows.

• Insane damage
  • Insane damage boost
  • Rushing capabilities with both speed and high defense

I picked pally over warrior because warrior is a glass cannon. Warrior with jugg or bee helm is amazing. But with a tiered helm its speedy debuff can often cause problems

I personally prefer playing Paladin over Warrior because I like healing my friends while still dealing close-range damage, and it’s one of my favorite classes for casual godlands dungeon farming, especially after I got my 90/90 pet. Enough other players prefer Warrior to make Pally a viable option for me. I don’t have an Oreo at the moment (but that’s probably why I’ve had the character for almost 9 months) and have never gotten a Marble Seal since Marble Colossus RNG doesn’t like me, but a T6 seal is just fine, so I don’t mind. I like supporting the friends I play with, since the only reason I came back to the game was because I made a few good friends as a result. One of them is a certified Warrior main and buffing his character with damaging is an awesome experience. I generally only play Knight when I need to stun an enemy consistently, (e.g: Tomb Bosses, every Legacy event god in the Realm, Septavius in UDL, spawners in Lost Halls) otherwise I prefer Paladin. Warrior may get all the glory for dealing the damage but Pally’s a big part of that too, and is simply the role of the Overpowered DPS Team I enjoy more.

I find warrior to be squishy without jugg, but it is high risk high reward. Good DPS at the cost of dangerous to play (you have to be speedy to receive the 2x dmg unless you have jugg/beehelm, etc)

Knight’s weakness is that it’s got lower dps than the other two, with more survivability from its higher def.

Pally is a nice support class, and it’s got nice even stats with a useful ability and healing and hp boost to make up for its lower dps than warrior and lower def than knight.

The thing is that my playstyle’s been a little bit ruined. Upon getting a jugg last year and an ogmur a month later, I’ve been playing warrior and knight almost exclusively for my melee classes. As a result of this, I’ve gotten used to the high def and am having problems getting back used to a class that’s only got ~55 def (depending on the set you use)

I think I just gotta get an mseal for me to enjoy the class again :frowning:

Knight because I love playing braindead

Both pally and warr are great classes, but knight is not on the same level. It’s still a good class and with an ogmur you can help the group a lot, however with the low dps and the majority of end game content being immune to stun the buffs from warr and pally are far more significant on a group and even by themselves than a knight will ever be. If you don’t have an ogmur a knight is relatively useless compared to the other two.

Paladin’s ability is just better than warrior’s one. You get damage buff, you get hp and healing vs one single buff to the team.

Having recently gone back to using a no-pet knight for some fun/challenge, there is something still massively satisfying about timing the attack run to crash a stun in (O2 first/last phases) that is sadly missing from stun-immune endgame content. I do hope they make no-pet realms/servers one day, the game is so much simpler to balance for no pets.

And shield rework when? (simply making it work like ninja star does, hold to go armoured, press to bash) would give knight a great secondary option without needing to mess about with changing how stun works.

Warrior and paladin are fine, though I wish perma-ability wasn’t possible since it removes a lot of tactical thought from them.

I disagree, I think knight’s very important for stunning many important things in endgame, such as these enemies:

And these are actually very important to stun… so many lives can be saved by stunning the first two, and stunning the second two and seriously help boost your group’s DPS.

Yeah but my point isn’t that knight is useless, because it isn’t. It is useful in halls just like you said, but my point is the fact that knight is weak compared to the other 2 melees. Sure if you have 100 people in a halls and plenty of warriors and pallys the stun is more useful, however in a lot of situations the buffs from warr/pally are more important and have more of an impact than a knight stun. I agree with you on the fact that the stun is important, I’m not denying that.

I take back my vote. Ninja is the best melee

Oh yeah I see what you mean. DPS-wise it is often lacking, and it is difficult to use in small halls.

I would say knight is best by itself because hp and def is more important than dps. For a group i would say paladin because his ability. So it depends from what point of view.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.