Who plays your games irl?

Do you ever stop and think that everyone you pass on the street, or goes to your school or work, or even people you hang out with might be playing realm or another game just like you, and since you never mention it you never find out, or find out much later on?

What is a time that you found someone irl that shared to same interest in realm or other games as you?

I really haven’t.
Like I’ve got friends who play Fire Emblem, but I converted them to that, they didn’t initially do so. There isn’t anyone as far as realm is concerned though

I haven’t met anyone who plays Realm in many years. I think the most common genre for me to find someone else doing was the .io game suite, but those are both free and easily accessible for most. The less common instances are whenever I find someone who grew up with a certain SNES game, or the system at all, for that matter! I think there’s been 6 instances, and 2 of them were relatively new to it all. Guiding them though DKC and ALttP was fun! Otherwise, many of the games I do sold well, and lots of people at least know of them.

Edit: I do remember three specific surprises, actually. One was an acquaintance of mine that somehow knew both of Starfleet Command (Orion Pirates addition, even!) and the 1979 Ultima franchise, including the fan remake of Ultima V: Lazarus Edition!

Another surprise was someone who was not only familiar with Quest for Glory: “So you want to be a hero?”, but many of the old games Sierra created! I managed to surprise him about the existence of Pizza Elemental in the second game. x)

Finally, the third one only kind of counts, dive is not me specifically, but my dad does this game called “Elite: Dangerous,” and I discovered that one of his friends also played it, so his friend (because I worked with him then frequently) wanted me to request that they hook up online sometime. It was hilarious to hear him geek off about that on our car ride

Other than my siblings and one of their friends, I haven’t found anybody who played rotmg. A lot of people I know play rocket league, due to it being a (semi?)popular game.

My brothers and my sister play like every game that I do.

I guess you’re the oldest?

Nope, middle child.

I have a tendency to binge a single game for a couple months before moving on to a different game. A month ago, that game was League of Legends. I was hanging out on the Kog’maw discord, and one of the regulars said, “I’ve gotta get back into rotmg…”. I was caught by surprise; I don’t usually hear any mention of rotmg outside of the community environment.

I also had a couple instances this semester where labmates found out I played League and talked about their experiences with it and how they’re trying to get out. xD

Funny story actually. I substitute teach at the local Middle School where I grew up, so I talk to a lot of my friends younger siblings that are still in school. I play a lot of Minecraft, so I talk to the kids about Minecraft and other video games that I play to relate to them and help them have a better day.

Anyway, I was talking to the brother of one of my friends who was a couple years younger than me, so we didn’t hang out much, but we went to school together and talked there and whatnot. I was talking to the younger brother about Minecraft and stuff, and then said that his older brother played this game called “Realm of the Mad God”. He said I probably have never heard of it. I then proceeded to show him the icon of it on my laptop and he started freaking out.

Later that week, I saw his older brother who was my friend and we talked about it and it turns out that we were really good friends in realm because we would play on the same server all the time and saw each other all the time. We had no idea we knew each other irl.

Craziest story of my life.

I kind of want to know their IGN now, but they probably don’t want random DMs from strangers, even if I’m not the one to do it… :no_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.