Awefawefwaef

Alright, so I have had some issues with Flash Projector recently.

When playing RotMG in the browser, I get 60 FPS constantly. No frame rate drops ever. Same with when I tried playing on Steam, never dropped below 60 FPS. With Flash Projector however, I get drops down to 20 FPS randomly, and quite frequently. (Specs listed below.) This is kind of getting annoying since I don’t play on Steam and I don’t want to use chrome to play Realm. I have never had this problem before the last two weeks or so.

i7-7700k 4.5 GHz
16GB Ram
GTX 1080
Flash Projector 18 (I have also tried the newest version, no better)
Windows 10

All of my hardware is working normally, and I know that it’s not a ‘low end pc’ issue. Could it be Windows 10 Creator Update?

Please let me know if you have a solution. This is t r i g g e r i n g me.

Yo DuhSpaz this is also happening to me. Its pretty much impossible to play on flash because of the fps. I can’t say i have looked for solutions but I know what you are saying

Try getting a different version of flash projector

Things you could try:

Stupidly uninstalling and reinstalling the flash player (highly unlikely that is it though)

You could also (if you think the problem is Windows 10), Try going back to Windows 8. Would take a bit of time but if it works after that, should be worth it.

Sorry not going into that much of depth, but hope this helps.

going to windows 10 fucked up my flash player I reverted and it was fine again.

so yeah this could be your problem. @DuhSpaz

Yeah it’s getting pretty annoying :confused:

Alright, Ill try it out.

I have a natural bias against windows 10 ever since that eternal advertisement they put on my computer.
I’d say that’s somehow part of the problem.

i have a windows 10 laptop and i get crazy fps drops too. they only happen where there are a lot of people though

if it’s a laptop you’re using it may be on power saving mode, that might’ve lowered fps

1. turn laptop to high performance mode
  2. turn off all the graphics options
  3. install flash projector 13/18
    idk what else

Basically Windows 10 turns your pc into a host/seed/source, like a torrent. It could be eating up your bandwidth. That or just windows update service in general.

Other than that, do you have any antivirus installed? Try disabling that and then playing.

I had a VPN running and after DCing in 3 LH and 2 tombs I realized what happened.

If you have a VPN, make sure its off.

If you don’t then… :man_shrugging:

My anger at windows 10 grows

Try turning on hardware acceleration in flash but disable it in the game itself.

For anyone who uses Windows 10, this is highly recommended:
get https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10.

It’s a complete overview of all the privacy settings available in Windows 10 all in 1 window, easy to find settings, easy to alter settings.
@Laserquest @DuhSpaz

I did it myself, was surprised how many things there were you need to opt out of if you want to fully guard your privacy.

I use windows 10 and don’t have problems with random frame drops but…

If you right click on the .exe file and go to properties. There should be a box under the compatibility tab that says “Reduced color mode”. If you check the box, you can run the game in 16-bit or 8-bit.

Not sure how much impact it has on reducing lag but a guildy says it works.

Edited title for clarity

That would cause rubberbands rather than fps drops.

1.Why you dont wanna play chrome?

• Use firefox xD
    2.maybe you instal something in 2 weeks that can slow your computer
  1. Maybe something with windows i play on windows 7