Why can your vision be blocked by the pillars in Tomb of the Ancients?

My paladin nearly died to Bes because I was caught by surprise when I went around a pillar and Bes was right behind it.

In real life, you can’t see through a wall.

You don’t fight three ancient gods in their tomb in real life either

Not yet.

Oh I forgot we were still in 2020.

im actually curious does anyone know of any other objects in the game that behave the same way (i.e. an object that “hides” enemies on the other side)? can’t think of any off the top of my head

It’s a per-dungeon feature I think. It’s true e.g. elsewhere in the Tomb, such as when you are in a corridor but can’t see enemies that are in the next room that aren’t inline with the corridor.

Another one is Parasite Chambers. There not just normal walls but destructible walls hide anything behind them - or in them. It makes sense as the walls are uneven, and often have gaps. If like other dungeons (Mad Lab, Puppet, Snake) you could see the whole room through any gap it would make it too easy to use piercing weapons or spells to clear.

OT too, since it added destructable walls.

Update, in the new patch, you can now see Tomb and Ice Tomb enemies on your minimap behind these walls/pillars.

<BlocksSight/> tag on any GameObject will block your view

Edit: works for path and lineofsight visibility mode on dungeons. Not sure about “full” (likely not)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.