Why Crystal Sword Shouldn't be a Swapout

Plain and simple, you should not be using a Crystal Sword as a swapout.

Melee classes gravitate towards damage, dealing it or taking it. If you are playing a Melee class in a group — which is likely because RotMG is a MMO — then your DPS matters even less so.

You aren’t competing with other players to get loot, low soulbound thresholds deny it.
However, you are competing for your own survival. Can’t get loot if your dead.

Acclaim:
247.5 Average Damage
3.5 Tiles Range

Crystal Sword:
195 Average Damage
4.5 Tiles Range

What justifies Melee classes to be tankier than Ranged classes such as the Archer or Wizard?
It’s in the name. Melee, close quarters combat.
What does the Crystal sword give? Additional range.

Granted that one tile isn’t much, but it is about 28.57% more than its tiered counterpart, the Acclaim.
That’s basically running around 28.57% safer.

And if ya still care about the DPS…
The range difference between the underrated Crystal sword and the default Acclaim is the aforementioned 28.57%, whereas the damage difference between the two is about 26.92%.
If ya stretched the Acclaim to the Crystal Sword’s range it’d be doing 192.5 average damage, 2.5 less than Crystal.
This point isn’t very meaningful, but it goes to show that the Crystal Sword out does the Acclaim on the Damage:Range ratio too.

What else has it got going for it?
Rarity. It’s common, at least when compared to other UT swords and the Acclaim if you’re farming for it.

It’s like the Expo for swords, but as if it were actually better than the UBHP most of the time.

Point is, Acclaim should be your swapout when ya need DPS, but when ya need DPS you ought to be using Demon Blade if you got your hands on one.

This scenario is just like the Dagger’s Etherite, Cronus, Spirit, and Foul situation. Except that you’re not a Rogue and don’t benefit tremendously from additional DPS, cause you’re Melee.

Keep your death toll low and your Loot count high.

I hope ya enjoyed this fun little rant. I didn’t mean it as being serious, but I still wanted to get a point across in a humorous manner.

One exception to this rant is the Knight. Like the Rogue, they can situationally ignore damage and are generally the tankiest Melee nonetheless. I’d say Crystal Sword ought to be a swapout for them, but even then it wouldn’t see nearly as much use.

Another thing to note is if you are soloing content, DPS matters much more as you’re the only one dealing it. Doesn’t change the fact that it is still the “less safe” option of course. (And commonsense would suggest that you wouldn’t use a CSword when rushing any dungeon :v)

Stay safe and use a C-

Crystal Sword ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Colossus sword, same range, higher dps than acclaim, high skill requirement but taking the time to learn it is well worth the effort

Consider changing the title to why you should main crystal sword to prevent confusion

same thought

Oh, that was intentional. It gives a bit of surprise value.

Okay. It did surprise me, but i see how it makes sense the way it is

clickbaiting in forums = IQ400

Honestly if you’re playing knight and not sitting on literally everything, you have a problem.

It does look that way now that I think about it, whoops. I tend to write like that in my fiction too, or rather, I intentionally practice it that way… Shock value can help keep a reader’s attention.

I use Csword+Dblade on my warrior; glad to see that I’m not alone

I like how you think :wink:

And sometimes you don’t need to be 28.57% safer.

What’s the point of having high DPS when you can’t even land a single shot on a boss. Yes, in most situations the C-Sword is useless, but people prefer to use it in endgame boss battles, such as the Nest, Lost Halls and even mountain temple.

• The range

To be honest, I think they should give the C-Sword armor pierce to match the C-Wand, but even without it it’s still absolutely viable to use.

thought you were gonna say csword is useless but this was well built tbh

suddenly
Ass.

Yep, for those few situations when ya need 26.92% or more damage. Hence swapping :v

@Redox

There isn’t any point to having high DPS when ya can’t land any shots on a boss. c;

I find it a bit funny ya do quote me, but ya miss the direct meaning of the post.
But that’s okay, 'cause I wanted more people to share their thoughts on why CSword isn’t awful as it is painted to be.

@KiIuA

Thanks!

And since ya mention it, ASS is actually balanced fairly well, it has got the perfect middle ground between the two, other than rarity. Only reason why I didn’t bring it up though.

Or just use A.S.S…

Use any sword if you want. It’s your decision

I’m on to you crystal sword lobbyist. I know your game.

Now what about the rarity? Im sure that most of the good players can easily get their hands on a csword, yet colossus is kinda… ya know… rarer, yet i do agree with you.

i like this line