Why do Etherites get so much hate?

Well, their concern was the overuse of melees, which correlates to steamrolling because of their huge dps. They were also trying to make the lesser-played classes a good option. Even with the buff, I’m sure the majority of people people will still play melees.

Also, you should’nt require people to read other threads before replying. Mentioning them could be seen as off-topic. Plus, some of us don’t have the time to research every thread.

I agree. People won’t stop using melees because of a nerf to tiered weapons.

The point is, I have my reasons to say to buff Cdirk. If someone wants to talk a subjet in a complete way, there is need to be informed first about the current state and possible updates. Sorry to say you that.

I never mentioned you in general, I’m talking about everyone in disagreement for a nerf on etherite, sorry if it made it seem like I was targeting you in particular.

Well, every untiered can be said that it’s “like a tiered but different”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Etherite really isn’t on my list of problems.
Back then, yes it was a high profile shitty move to bring it in as a buyable version of Cdirk, so it used to deservedly attracted hate. :anger:

Reworks however have separated them, so the only real annoyance that remains for me is more general issues with the tradeable/untradeable ST mixture situation we have across the game.

DPS isn’t an issue, a short range item warrants a higher DPS, and Etherite has range 3.84, tiereds have 5.6, Cronus has 4.5. Different enough to have their own niches.

Though in today’s HP-scale and low sb threshold game, with ally shots off who even knows or cares what items everyone else is using. It’s basically been made irrelevant, you shoot the thing til it’s dead and as long as you hit a couple of times, you get sb.

Trading range for DPS is kinda the most basic change you can make though

Mostly agree with this; atm range is more important than DPS for a large majority of players

I feel like the issue with that though isn’t weapon strength or pets. It’s just the fact that there are so many people in there. They should limit amount of people allowed in dungeons that are popped through keys

in the case of LH weapon strength is definitely a factor, since between 50% and 100% of the group is all sword-wielding classes.

but that’s a discussion on swords, this topic is about etherite, which admittedly does not see much use in LH due to the very low utility dagger classes tend to bring to the group. even when they do show up, they tend to use something else for a weapon.

I have never seen a group entirely comprised of melees, does this actually ever happen?

Isn’t 75 the cap, but it gets broken constantly?

I’ve been in all-melee runs about 20 times, as best as I can remember. could be more or less.

80%-90% melee runs on the other hand are much more common, and the overpowered combination of high sword damage and powerful buffing abilities still shreds MBC like nothing.

it actually varies between dungeons, but the standard is 85 I believe. it gets broken because of the time in between clicking “enter” and actually loading into the dungeon makes the dungeon capacity counter inaccurate.

Deca should just change Etherite or Cronus altogether. Just a thought, though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.