Why do people hate the idea of a UT weekend so much?

Just to add: DECA are already doing exactly what is needed, WRT not being able to trade UTs. They are adding new content. Some of this is tradable, some not, so they are adding more opportunities to trade at the same time as adding more things that can only be gotten through gameplay. I.e. something for everyone.

I now know this. Thanks for somewhat positive input.

Why doesn’t DECA attempt to get these websites shut down? Also, if the RWT sites are “competition” what the hell are they going to do? Buy the game? Sell more items?

I’m currently building a megapost that will give like 50 reasons why UT weekend is a terrible idea. Stay tuned.

I cant wait.

Bring Back UT Weekend
An honest, thoughtful discussion regarding UTs

To be honest, I am quite happy that UTs are untradeable. What makes UTs so special? What’s special about a white bag? The rarity and how hard it is to obtain one. I think it is essential for the game to have a set of special items which can only be obtained through hard work, and not buying/selling.
I am not taking third party websites into my viewpoint though I know it would also ruin the economy.
Back in the day, Demon Blades were worth around 200 Def pots. If converted to life, it’d be around 33 life, and then converted to 4 Deca rings, which in my opinion is a massive amount for a Demon Blade. They are quite common if you grind them hard enough like me. Players would have no idea how much a UT would be worth, and destroy the market.

Anyway
Even if they were to be tradeable, it would also ruin the incentive for many players.
Sure, I can pay many deca rings for a Jugg or an Ogmur, and so would many others but in that case anyone can. People who spend a lot of money on the game can eventually build their way up to a rare UT. In any way like buying tops in the nexus (Cringe) or rolling the Mystery Box a thousand times, they are guaranteed to buy UTs.
Once again, a special set of items should always be limited to a certain amount of players who try hard to get them.

PS- Been trying to get a Jugg for about 4 years, never gonna happen zzzz

Would you rather get a jugg in 20 seconds? :wink:

Because that would be a gigantic waste of time and money.

RWT sites are fundamentally parasitic in nature. If too much of the money that goes into RotMG gets funneled into the pockets of the owners of these sites, that’s a lot less money for Deca and potentially them having to shut down the game because it’s no longer profitable.

When talking about tradability of UTs, it always comes to mind that we can basically separate the community in two types of players: the ones that play for the experience and the ones that play for collectables.
  • The ones that play for the experience care about pewpewing everything around them and watching all the enemies go boom. RotMG, to those people, is about that stupid fun of running around killing whatever is in sight and not worry about anything else. They don’t want any kind system getting in their way of killing stuff as efficiently as possible and so they want it to be easy to acquire whatever they need to be best they can be. UTs, for them, serve the purpose of making the gameplay more varied. Those people normally are in favor of UTs being tradable;
  • The ones that play for collectables care about seeing that shiny white bag appear when an enemies goes boom. RotMG, to those people, is about having their work compensated by getting something that most players can’t easily get. They want to make sure that the only way to get the itens they have is to spend about the same time they themselves have spent in the game. UTs, for them, serve the purpose of a prize to be shown and maybe envied. Those people normally are against UTs being tradable.

Now, these definitions are not binary, you can very well play for the the experience and the collectables (or you can play for neither). Most players I think will show varying degrees of both interests. Also, keep in mind those are not the only deciding factors to consider when talking about the commerciality of UTs.

The real question is: how to conciliate these two types of players?

The Choice to Play Realm is a Mad One

BTW Everyone would love a UT weekend, but deca will not allow it

Deca does not care shit about the economy.

It’s not the fact that they don’t want dupers to see them, they want a boundary line between snobby merchers and actual players. Uts are what encourage people to go in realms.

If anything, you are the selfish one, go farm your ut instead of buy it. I will expand on this in another post.

But…
St = Ut

Some people just don’t want others to have what they have. Yes I got my bracer finally!!! Ok no I hope Im the only one that will get on1111

glad this hasnt turned into everyone yelling at each other so far.
so basically, dupers is the problem of UT weekends. also, playing with the ut is only half the fun. getting that ultra rare white bag is the best, and showing it off, not just using it on your character.

Since we are assuming the worst of people, people asking for UTs to be tradeable just feel entitled to be spoonfed everything in life, and if that’s not the case then they feel the world isn’t fair.
Until arguments can be given for tradeable UTs that don’t involve self-centered benefits, people will likely “hate the idea of a UT weekend so much”

Just farm for it if you want it so much. Get better if you think the dungeon is too hard. I’m sure there are many threads on realmeye that can help you do dungeons in bulk.

Lucifer u still owe me a ghastly drape

Make money?

Gee, why would I ever spend my time grinding for a resu or a jugg when I can buy it off of lifepot.org for 1$?

Think of it this way. If I have to buy keys to grind for that one item, wouldn’t it just be easier to buy it from a website that is well-known?

Even if DECA shuts down one, who says another one won’t just pop up?

Okay, I am going to address every part of your ramble that I disagreed with, and then highlight the one part that I actually agreed with.

You have literally just shown why a lot of people don’t want a UT weekend. This isn’t a DECA problem. This is a community problem. Sure DECA might not care about the economy (I actually think that they do, thus removing Defense from Abyss), but other people do. Implementing a UT weekend would kill the economy for them.

Yes the economy is made by supply and demand. By introducing a UT weekend, the supply of UTs would dramatically increase, thus making them super cheap. This would be a problem, as many people could get really good gear without working hard for the good gear.

Another issue is that dupers and RWT shops would capitalize on this and sell all of their duped UTs. This would cause a massive inflation in UTs.

Of course not. You are just stating reasons why we should not have a UT weekend.

Yes. It is fair. Do you know how most people get event whites? They do events. It’s as simple as that. Also, you are saying that DECA would do a UT weekend if not for the dupers. That simply isn’t true. They have said “no” to UT weekends.

Hey, I have an idea! Why don’t you just farm the dungeon that has the UT you want until you get it? That would work just fine! Also, how am I being selfish for not wanting to economy to get polluted by worthless whites.

Well, I think they did. They made def more valuable by removing it from abysses. They also made mana drop, which may have been the intended plan. I think they have different ideas for the economy than you.

Maybe DECA did care about the economy. Maybe, just maybe, Mana was never meant to be that rare. Maybe they wanted it to drop. Also, you have no proof they don’t care about the economy.

The Developers do not frequent this forum as far as we know.

Now on to the one part I agreed with. [quote=“LuciferYT, post:1, topic:5852”]
I’ve read a post about someone wanting a UT weekend, I’m for it, but it got a lot of back-lash saying that this dude just wanted to buy a Jugg from a rwt site.
[/quote]

To be honest, I think that most people who request a UT weekend are actually just trying to buy UTs fair and square with pots. So, he probably wanted to buy jugg with like 8 pixies or something.

That concludes my ramble. Have a nice day.

(And sorry for the text wall)

ok can i just chip in something
sure, people still rwt (hell, it still happens with regular un-soulbound items)
but maybe we can have this again if deca actually did something about duping :E