Why is more than 70% of the games content not tradable?

It seems counterintuitive to me to have the vast majority of the games content untradable in terms of building a truly functional market for players, and for new players just starting out seeing that everything that’s even worth using you cant obtain until after you’ve dumped 20+ hours of running mundane dungeons and maxing. If duping is the biggest issue with making UTs and STs tradable how is it after nearly a decade of this game being out there hasnt been a patch for it? And is it really worth killing the market and slashing your playerbase because of a few people that still know how to even do it? It doesnt make much sense to have certain STs and tiered stuff to be tradable and others not be because it is not consistant and is totally random it seems. It just doesnt seem like a very productive way to build a game community if everything that’s tradable is garbage and everything thats even remotely good is simply obtained by pure chance and cant be traded.

Just a rant it bugs me :confused:

bro im about to throw hands but its 2 am so ima do that later

New players shouldn’t have to worry about that stuff. They should just worry about surviving and progressing. They need to actually learn how the game works, first.

Like my last point, new players shouldn’t worry about that stuff. They would probably just die with them, anyway.

Duping isn’t the only issue with making them tradable. This game isn’t supposed to be so easy. DECA is working on that by adding IC/OoC and nerfing tomes. Making some of the best items in the game tradable would just remove the purpose of doing those endgame dungeons.

Certain STs are tradable because they were made by Kabam or Wildshadow. Every set made/reworked by DECA is soulbound. They haven’t gotten to the Phylactery Mystic Set and Priest of Geb set, though.
Old versions of sets (legacy sets) that are tradable aren’t obtainable from anything besides trading anymore.
Tiered items can be some of the best items in the game, too. So it makes sense for the higher tiers to be soulbound. Wine Cellar tops were already pushing it.

You actually need skill to obtain those endgame items. RNG is just a part of it. The reason why those endgame items aren’t tradable is so you can’t just pay someone to farm endgame items and give them to you. You actually need to learn what the game is like and progress in it.

I can understand, but the game’s RNG is so fickle and inconsistent. I hope the UT exchange helps alleviate some of the difficulties of grinding dungeons and not getting the items you want.

That’s true. I think it’s just the matter of the horrible state of the game that DECA was given. They’re starting to make the game less grindy and O3 shows that. It’s extremely difficult, but the chances for loot are very high.

Duping ain’t fixed cause Flash still hasn’t kicked the bucket. Which it should.

I don’t know the games code, but isn’t duping possible because of the way the servers are coded (which ofc doesn’t depend on whether the player uses flash or unity)?

@OutForARip Welcome to the forums! I thought I’d throw that out in the midst of the conversation. :slight_smile:

1. If you wish to take up that challenge, you have every right to-just don’t trade
  2. The bottleneck isn’t skill, it’s luck-any person with half of a functioning brain cell can run a Shatters/LH with their guild/discord mates

I think this would encourage rwt(real world trading) even more. For example: someone is selling a a rare white for lots of life pots/decas. A new player would not be able to afford it, so they might want to use 3rd party websites to rwt and get the rare white.

Why you gonna throw hands im just choked that only trash is tradable and nothing remotely good besides pixie and deca are tradeable

That’s what in getting at though by saying you have to dump over 20+ hours into the game before you can even start to get good items and it’s not even garunteed. The early game takes too long to progress which causes the vast majority to just quit and never touch it again. So your limiting your game and basically handicapping yourself if your trying to boost the player base which is basically stagnant right now.

Legacy sets are just Reskins of untradable items. What’s the point of having 2 versions of the same item but one tradable and one isnt? Wheres the benefit? And WC tops are fairly useless besides t6 melee abilities now with all the other items that have been released since.

Okay I’m gonna assume you’re not serious. Running the same dungeon 150+ times and having nothing to show for it isnt “skill” its infuriating when someone does the same dungeon twice and gets the itmes you’ve been farming for. That’s not a very attractive or good RNG system. But that’s all this game is is running the same dungeon over and over to get 1 item you probably wont get it’s not “skill” it’s pure chance

Let them die and waste their money then. Theres RWT in every game why is it a bad thing if it brings in more new players to a stagnant player base?

Exactly. Trading is just so mundane now theres almost no point to it besides getting skins

Wait up, hold on a second! They’re not the same items other than having identical cosmetic features! Trust me, I have a couple of full legacy sets, including a Skuld one you can see on my profile. The sb ones have set bonuses, and are generally a little stronger, but some, like the pixie seal, have changed fundamentally! I’ve been collecting the new sb Skuld items; I just need that blasted ring lol

Okay but what about the fairy plate and pixie sword? They’re idententical besides the Sprite

I’m speaking in terms of the entire sets. It wouldn’t be wise to change everything about the original set, but they are actually all changed because of the set bonuses. Sure, you can always use them by themselves and some of them remain unchanged like the pixie, but none of them are truly identical anymore.

(Also, I’m not trying to spark more fire into an argument or even pick a side, I just thought I’d mention that in case you weren’t aware :3)

Is it not at all confusing though to have an item like the spectral ring have 2 different stat bonuses but the same Sprite? It just seems a bit like a flustercuck with all the legacy sts and normal sts being different but also the same.
(Hey it’s a discussion not an argument input is always appreciated :slight_smile: )

Actually yeah… now that I think about it you can almost bet that new content items are going to be soulbound. It kinda defeats the purpose of trading, especially when you’re not trading for stocks (ring, pots). There are few games which end game gear is locked like this game… usually soulbound stuff are the gamebreakers. Like an accessory which boosts 30 atk (granted, the item I have in mind wasn’t made for perma death, accessible only by having and defending a healthy guild base, collecting rare materials from dungeons which are only accessible from said base, and after a number of server wide tough quest have been cleared which contributes to a shared global cooldown of crafting said item).

I’d say open up the floodgate. RWT and duping exists in every game, and it’s not a game ender. Heck, some games even gain popularity from RWT between players. (though, if you’re duped then tough luck)

Exactly but the items in this game like the tier 14 and 15 armors and weapons are only SLIGHTLY better they aren’t vastly better or OP in any way