Why is Nest so unpopular?

For most people it’s a waste of time, because they have like chars to max or something so they cba doing a nest where they have high chances of dying/nexusing at boss so no rewards at all

but you soloed it ;3

Several reasons it doesn’t get people.

1. TP restriction doesn’t promote calling it out en masse in a discord, so you have to tell your guildies, and if you don’t have a big guild, it’s pretty pointless.

2. While the UTs dropped are semi-decent, the difficulty of the dungeon is not properly off-set by it. Sure, the boss is easy when you have 50 players to hide behind to take your shots like during the Chest event. But in a 10 man group you’re going to get chunked real quick with the bullet hell it puts you through. One mistake and you’re gone.

3. The dungeon takes a while since no one can tp, and it makes you miss more-important events.

It’s because no one likes to be stung. :smiley:

:open_mouth:

The reward isn’t great enough to risk running one.
Heck, Lost Halls is safer and has a better risk to reward system.

I personally love the Nest. I see as much deaths in a Nest compared to Lost Halls.

Last time I opened a Nest, a rogue rushed and activated the boss, stuck his middle finger and left. So… yeah there’s a lot to fix and things to change.
Now it’s just another filler in the realms that most people ignore.

I can agree, spending 12-15 minutes in coordinated clearing and then 2-3 minutes under heavy pressure at the boss for a chance at greater dex and a chance to get a life pot (depending on group size) or a few other items isn’t really worth the investment for most players, despite how useful the UTs are.

While clearing has plenty of great incentives, only managing to clear up to the boss isn’t satisfying enough for players in terms of loot, and in most public groups that enter the boss is usually not killed, despite the debuff associations that should be built up on the 3 shot colours over the course of clearing the dungeon, giving the boss some element of predictability.

My issue with the nest is the speed of some non-slowed enemies - Blue Soldier Bees are faster than ice spheres in their final phase, you can’t really react to them if it’s the first time dealing with them and they’re not slowed. As well as this, Yellow Soldier Bees can easily paralyse and then sit on characters with speed < 60. In inexperienced groups you might not have anybody taking up the slowing role, which makes even clearing dangerous, and the boss much more so, especially in the blue/red rage phases and initial phase.

Heavily risking characters worth multiple life in exchange for maybe 1 life, gdex, and a few dex/def on average doesn’t do it for the majority of players, I suppose.

Yes, for my part I enjoy this dungeon a lot, that’s like the only really challenging dungeon, even in a group of people, the rest of the game just looks bland next to the nest

what about lost halls (boss)

I’ve been practising solo nest boss for a while now. My goal for the weekend is to do it and record it :).

Ava eye phase is iffy in my opinion, as it’s either steamrolled or physically impossible based on chars/maxed stats.

It just takes too much time. You can do a pub shatts in 10 minutes easily. A pub nest takes 20-30 mins. Also, at least with shatters, when I die, it was usually to something that I could have avoided. Ice spheres can be paralyzed. Everything else can pretty much be dodged easily. With nest, I see people getting run over and 1shot all the time.

can we get rid of the event?

I try to look for LOTL or Hermit. I swtich to all servers and all the realms are on killer bee nest.
So annoying and no one does it too so you can’t clear the realm

If the event was removed, then how can you do nests without paying money to buy nest keys…

Given the success of every single public nest I’ve ever been in I doubt many people would notice or care…

What Neo said.

When you’ve been stuck with this game for a couple of years with The Shatters being the most difficult area of the game (and not even that hard if you do a clean, proper one), you’re left with a lot of bored players who are tired of having the same old monsters to fight and no challenge to take on.

The Nest and Lost Halls dungeons revived that motivation to keep on playing. It also killed a lot of maxed characters across many accounts, to which those guys just re-maxed another character and repeated the process of doing more dungeons.

I enjoy doing Nest runs because it’s challenging and the white bags are hella juicy. I do agree that the regular potion drops are poor, especially for the amount of time spent clearing and completing the dungeon even with a proper group. I also enjoy doing the Killer Bee Nest event as well to try and get a Beeheemoth Quiver (having used a Freezing Quiver, which has the same stats, it’s highly recommended to get one if you don’t yourself). Similar to other events though, the drop rate of the dungeon from the event isn’t 100%.

I would definitely see more people doing Nests if the following was added:

• Better “normal” loot, such as double/triple greater DEX potions (NOT double LIFE potions) and WC abilities. The Nest could potentially be a great dungeon to have only the WC abilities drop and not the weapons/armors.

• Make the soldier bees have a shorter invulnerability time or have its phases be affected by status effects. I believe some of the phases that the soldier bees go through will make it immune to any shots fired at it, such as when it’s growing to a larger size. I think it also becomes immune to stun in its last phase, which is arguably the scariest since it comes flying at you if no one slows it. Not being able to stun the bees in that phase, especially the Red Soldier Bee, makes it sketchy for melee classes to want to join and help out.

• Require less rooms to get to the boss and make the dungeon smaller to find the Treasure Room quicker so that people aren’t discouraged by how long it takes to finish the dungeon.

All of these problems are similar to the problems for Lost Halls aside from the loot reason, and Lost Halls is getting reworked. Hopefully Nest gets some loving too.

1. No one does them.
  2. They need to be destroyed to close realm.
  3. It takes too long.

I wish DECA made the nest an optional thing to close realm like the lost sentry.

liek ef u agree

I think this has been said before
and it’s not that bad

I think the sentry is far worse the nest isent that bad with a few people and knowing how to do it. The sentry however is to me OP