Why is Nest so unpopular?

but nobody wants to do either one and the heals of the nest colonies can be annoying af

the only issue I have with it is that the avatar is not required for a realm close, but the nest is.

both the nest and its event boss are much much harder than the avatar/shatters, so why is the easy one ignoreable?

Well avatar can be hard to solo if it’s stuck on the eye phase? I suppose? idk
As for the nest event it’s hard but can be done alone. More danger involved than avatar tho

We have ‘technology’ of t13 weapons now, and really insane UT’s and ST’s…

Why do people forget that pets do most of the work?

Also Avatar has been severely nerfed over the years, making the event less and less challenging.

It really isn’t about tiered/UT/ST items lmao.

Yeah unfortunately more like the % of players on cheat client increased, so things get demolished by autoaim/autoability now more than they used to.

The Nest (event) can be taken down really quickly (even faster than Avatar) BUT it depends on there being a motivated group of players. And because The Nest (dungeon) is so “fail”-able, players just don’t have the motivation to bother killing Nest (event) because they have no desire to go in The Nest (dungeon).

In this it’s the opposite from Ava/Shats, where players pile into the Shats, safe in the knowledge that they’ll almost certainly be able to complete it, even if down to few players.

All the problems we suffer with Nest (event) blocking up the realms stem from The Nest (dungeon) needing to be made easier. Fix the problems in The Nest (dungeon), to give players motivation to go in there in a randomgroup, and the problems with Nest (event) will evaporate.

Despite all this, the main no-no is that they embedded an extremely difficult fight into the Realm itself rather than inside the dungeon. It’s harder than any other fight inside the Realm (this includes the Sentry) and thus is not popular for clearing. Being rushed by the bees is terrifying and not worth losing a maxed character, and unmaxed characters are prone to die anyway and can’t get soulbound without old tops and tops so the Nest remains one of the worst set up events ingame.

Yeah. The giant bees at the event, and the medium bees in the dungeon, when they rush seem to have just too high a sight range, and it’s not like the grey blob kamikazes where you can at least kill them if you’re shooting, since the bees have (slightly!!) more HP than a grey blob.

@Nevov this is all true.
My main issue is their implementation of the UT armours (I think?) and the UT quivers (I know) into the Realm itself, rather than into the dungeon. Not only does this deficit the reward of running the dungeon, it also forces them to up the difficulty of the in-Realm quest.

True for me, stuff just moves too fast in Nest and LH. It’s like the leprechaun constantly. And way too much is stasis and stun immune, so you can’t buy yourself reaction time. In Shatts at least you can actually do crowd control and every class is useful.

In the nest things move fast only in their rage phase. Only the yellow and blue bees actually jump on you. The red bee just “circles” you without actually sitting on you unless you mess up your confuse control yourself.

As for the yellow bee, it’s actually not that scary even if you get sat on. It’s shots don’t deal that much damage and it quickly retreats once it sits on you allowing you to (briefly) get out of paralyze.

The only real threat is the blue bee. But you lose “only” 400-700 HP even if you get sat on. Incapable of killing an 8/8 with the right gear.

I hear many complaints about getting insta killed in nests. But from what I’ve seen all the deaths before the boss are 100% avoidable. Often people just die because they go too deep or tank too much.

Yeah since they fixed the stacked shots instakill in woodlab it isn’t too bad, cdep you can learn slowly. In ddocks the difficulty of tp’ing at the right time knocks me out of it more than the boss fight itself since rushers don’t call, though I do find the boss frustrating because the grey color of the cannonballs makes them hard to see. Nest is definately harder because, as others have said you there is no safe place to watch the boss fight. With priest you can killer honey-walk in and out of the boss room in the early phases, but then the honey hardens into a solid wall at some point and it’s too far away to see.

Agreed that excessive debuffs = lazy design. Even worse, imo is excessive stun+stasis+plyze immune.

The event has so many fast, high-health enemies that can INSTA KILL any class and they yield inconsistent loot. It takes too long to complete and has shit loot. Also, the nest itself is rewarding, but the risk and amount of time it takes to complete is simply too much.

The blue bee insta killed my 7/8 wizard with exa hp when i was sitting so far back i couldn’t even see the honeycomb tiles… it just ice sphered me

It’s definitely not hard. I have to solo them when i do trio realms. It just takes too much time. The many scattered hives around are annoying. The dungeon on the other hand I like.

Life not maxed or not wearing soulless?

Were you moving forward or standing still when it charged at you? Like an ice sphere it charges at the closest player. My strategy is to keep moving back slowly until it charges. If you want to play it safer though just keep 2 tiles away from the frontest player.

Finally an annoying but effective way is to view diagonally and you shouldn’t be instakilled in any case.

I was moving around and using screen rotate. No maxed life or souless, but I had a good hp roll and exa hp and I was at a very safe distance

Even with deca ring, soulless and maxed life my hp would drop to 200-300 after tanking a raged blue bee so yes it was indeed capable of instakilling you. I wouldn’t recommend it but if you want to play absolutely safe, just keep backing off while the blue bee is in rage phase. Because it only jumps to your last location you won’t take a full shotgun and should only take 300 damage max.

The void is easier for me lol