Why is Nest so unpopular?

any particular reason it can’t be both? :thinking:

I won’t deny the nest has problems, but we don’t need to be adding more in an attempt to “fix” them

…I’m sorry, are we talking about the same marble colossus? the one I know has this phase that lasts an entire two minutes where everyone huddles in the corner trying to minimize damage to the point where priests can make the group facetank everything else. if that’s not “crazy” I don’t know what is anymore, but whatever it is it’s not in the nest.

do the pauses of absolutely no attacks in between literally every phase not count or something?

and that retort always follows, no exception. all I wanted to point out was that herpyderryo said that the nest should be soloable and it technically is already if you have enough patience.

I think expanding the nest boss room for right now in a hotfix could be a bandaid patch

any particular reason youre not just saying that so that it seems like you have a point :thinking:

im not implying that it needs to be fixed, but what i am saying is that the boss fight is poorly designed. also, what do you mean by adding more? more what? more problems to fix the problem? never heard of that before…

im not talking about that part, thats literally the one part of the boss fight i wasnt thinking about when i said that. of course the rage phase is a mess. it shouldnt even exist in the first place. and yes, there is something quite similar to that in the nest, but instead of the marble pillar shots instakilling anyone who touches them, the red shot make you walk into more red shots, killer honey, or the boss.

First of all, these “pauses” are hardly 3 seconds each. i dont think that gives you enough time to organize, compared to the marble colossus’ fight where these phases give you time to move around any consumables in your inventory and such.

and it should. why should we even believe this in the first place when there is no proof.

just because you can do something doesnt mean it’s worth doing. somehow the nest manages to be inherently extremely risky yet it boggles the mind how tedious it is.

I could do the dungeon if only other people were willing to do it with me.

Not from my experience.

@Samcw Judging from my luck, I’d say it’s completely plausible.

Hm, nothing’s impossible, but having a messy, unpredictable spray does complicate matters. Oh, and the fact that the boss runs at you with the confuse shots spraying all around from her.

From my guildie’s and friend’s experience. And by droprates, I wasn’t talking solely about the whites.

Anyways, the only way you’re ever going to use teleportation in the Nest is to teleport out of danger. In a normal Nest, there is no chest at the end.

+20% size is called for, I think. Either that, or a two tile wall on each side to hide behind, like in Ice Cave.

Goddamn it, my luck is on the shitty side. The average norm for the ice tomb event is a white every 10, even in a crowded pub. I’m pretty sure I’ve done at LEAST 20. Not to mention during the UDL I spent every waking moment grinding out UDLS, and most of my udls had <5 people in it. Still didn’t get an st from the chest.

[quote=“Xaklor, post:115, topic:16272”]
half the hp of the avatar (which is a lot)
[/quote]No shit sherlock

Anyways, you do pose a valid argument, and there are some flaws in my own. But something has to be done about the risk:reward ratio in the Nest. How about the hallway doesn’t flood during the boss fight so you could back out? Just like in the Parasite Den. This makes it so that in a pinch, you can get out of the boss room. But that won’t make it easy, either.
What Nevov said ,basically.

…Provided infinite resources and time, sure. It’s not impossible, but it’s sure as hell improbable.

It’s just not enjoyable enough at all. The event is too tedious and time-consuming, along with the dungeon itself.
At least for Lost Halls, Tombs, Shatters, etc they have multiple bosses allowing for increased loot gainage.

It’s different for everyone but I should mention that most of the people saying “no UT 600 bosses” simply overestimated. The frantic nest event farming pretty much stopped two weeks after the release. Unless you farmed alot during these two weeks or followed the nest discord for the event for months, I highly doubt if you would have done anywhere near 300.

It’s certainly bad luck, but the number of people don’t really change your chance at UT/ST. In fact more people help because of faster clearing.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to strategize in a RNG game. At the surface realm is just about pure grinding with some dodging, but it can make a huge different if you grind efficiently.

The most common fallacy is to prefer small dungeons over big because people “will steal your loot”. While it held some truth before the pre-sb nerf, you should now be able to get sb anywhere other than davy. With more people you usually finish the dungeon faster and safer.

Another bad strategy is to focus on farming a particular item (when no special event is on, of course). You’ll just end up wasting time in gland for that dungeon to drop.

I can keep going but I think I’ve my point across. It’s really a mini irl where people usually act on instinct with little planning in their head.

It’s really funny because that’s my current relationship with me and udls.

No, I joined public, forced nests when people wanted to close realms. I also farmed a lot in the initial 2-3 weeks.

It’s not just him. I won’t touch nests even with a ten foot pole. Count me in for shatts and halls, but holy shit nests are too hard and spooky. Waste of time as well

But the whole point of the dungeon is to be super hard.

But it only manages to be super boring and unfair.

How is it unfair?

i already wrote like 3 paragraphs about it, and computers have this awesome feature its called scrolling up

Just a tip for confused if you hold going left and you get confused it still moves to left until you stop pressing or press another key

I read what you wrote and if I’m not mistaken this is your only reason why nests are unfair:

Except that in this case you see the shots coming. It’s predictive. You should be prepared to get confused. Here’s a small tip: in non-solo nests simply stay away from the boss as much as possible during the red/blue rage phase. This way you are not that screwed even if you get confused/pet stasised. In solo nests rotate clockwise so that you can use the “a+s” trick for the red rage phase. You don’t even need good reaction time if you do this.

MBC is just a joke for an endgame boss. Most nests now are very small. Even the ones hosted in the nest discord rarely get more than 15 people. Do a few dozens of them and you’ll learn the shot patterns and develop a few tricks of your own to reliably finish the boss.

You’re literally saying people are dissatisfied because it’s too hard. It’s ironic that people asked for a “real endgame” dungeon because shats are ez. But when we actually got one, we’ve got a bunch of people crying it’s too hard. I guess I would just say this dungeon is not for everyone. Most people are just too reliant on their pet and not that good at dodging.

I agree with Mynamerr’s assessment:

Hundreds of players are good enough to handle small nests but we rarely do them because the loot isn’t good enough for the time.

[quote=“Samcw, post:141, topic:16272”]
You should be prepared to get confused.
[/quote]

Okay, what about when i literally get confused unconfused and confused again in 3 seconds

I’m not saying it’s too hard, i’m saying its hella boring, and most of the time, a waste of time.

It’s ironic that people asked for a “real endgame” dungeon because shats are ez. But when we actually got one, we’ve got a bunch of people crying it’s too hard.
[/quote]

The Shatters isn’t an “easy” dungeon. It is easy to learn the dungeon because everything is preset. This is why a group of 50 people and a group of 3 people can finish the dungeon in 7 minutes. The dungeon gets easier the more you know about it. Same with the Lost Halls. The nest does not share that trait.

MBC is just a joke for an endgame boss.
[/quote]
How? If anything, i would say that the Void Entity, the alleged “final boss” of the game, is more of a pushover than the Marble Colossus!

Most nests now are very small.
[/quote]
Size is very realtive, what do you mean by “small”

Even the ones hosted in the nest discord rarely get more than 15 people.
[/quote]

when you have upwards of 40 per lost halls and shatters but what about nest?
Oh wait. There isn’t a nest discord anymore. it had to partner up with other discords to form The Forgotten Foes (solid name choice). It’s because the nest is simply an unpopular dungeon. Not many people find it enjoyable, so the nest was never a popular dungeon, much like the lost sentry isn’t a popular event. Even now that it merged with hunt for the bloody surprise, the discord itself is dead.

Pressing a+s moves you the same direction whether confused or not.

This is what you said: “Good concept but not everyone is that patient or skilled and is often just left dissatisfied with the dungeon.” I guess you meant it’s boring and hard.

The nest is certainly not as learnable as the shatters and lost halls. It took me 40+ to learn how to do the boss.

Well I would say the boss by itself is fine. But to get to the boss you need a decent sized group but with this many people you usually get healed back immediately (before the final phase) making the fight a joke. The void entity is also poorly designed.

OK I’m starting to lose patience. Do you have to pick on every single thing I said? I’m saying most nests are small because you were complaining big nests are too chaotic: “…with an often massive group of players makes the nest a very chaotic environment that doesn’t really allow you to learn much about the boss from completing it.”

The nest was extremely well-received when released. Like I said it’s unpopular because the loot isn’t good enough and it’s just too hard for most people.

The discord was very much alive before the winter event. Much less popular than the shatters and LH discords for sure but you could get a group to do nests during peak hours. And why did you even bring it up? I mean everyone agrees that the nest is unpopular right?

To be frank I’m really tired of replying to you because you seem to be treating this as a debate or even a fight rather than a discussion.

All it needs is a guaranteed life drop with a good chance at a second one, like void. I don’t have any problems with the dungeon or boss but when I basically get 2 dex, I just feel like I wasted 15 minutes of my time.

In retrospect, releasing Lost Halls only 3 weeks after The Nest, pulled the rug out from under The Nest’s feet. LH scratches the same “endgame content” itch that The Nest was doing, but much more so, and with vastly higher rewards, so most anyone in a position to positively contribute to completions of The Nest just swapped to running LHs.

Resulting in The Nest now left in a bit of a “who is this for?” if its target market endgame-seeking players are permadistracted by LH.

It’s nothing major, since there are more than enough things currently going on in Realm that the game isn’t stale. Just a pity to see potential-good content getting ignored because it’s pitched over the head of 95% of players, and the 5% are off doing something more “worthwhile”.

At least the event is optional now, letting us get realms/events cycled through quickly. Because the thought of trying to farm with every realm cockblocked by Nest Event like it was through the halloween Pumpkin farming is not taking me to a happy place. :scream: