Why is the Etherite Dagger and the Pixie Sword tradeable?

Yeah that’s true, I was just responding to the OP who said:

As well as:

But yeah, more opportunity to kill more things like gods always help (Unless you’re me who goes an hour with no pot drops…).

Done both, ended with a 7/8 priest with prot and book of geb, suicideded it at the end of the day bc I needed my slot.

You’re really trying to prove your point but if a rogue has etherite then knight also has pixie and collo/mith and any knight can space bar 3+ times with a shield that’s over 5k damage in a few seconds. Stop trying to prove yourself right by putting classes at a disadvantage. Of course daggers have more range than an acclaim any class that uses an acclaim has a heal or more def than any other classes in the game.

that’s not the point. I’m not talking about whether or not rogue is “better” than knight, or that one is more powerful than the other. this is not a comparison of classes, this is a comparison of weapons.

and the point is: etherite does so much damage it is comparable to acclaim, despite this it is not sb, still has higher range than acclaim, and even invalidates an event white dagger made to occupy the same niche.

right, this is definitely a fair comparison. :thinking:

I do agree that etherite shouldn’t be stronger than Cronus.

This is ridiculous.

He made a legitimate point, backed it up with numbers, and you had to reach for the most extreme situation you could think of to barely edge out his perspective.

This is not the hill to die on.

And if ya really wanted to compare Etherite to a sword class you could always use trickster as the example for raw damage instead of rogue.

You make me think of scissors of karma.

Better Question: Why the F*** are ST’s still in the game?

That’s where I got the idea c:

it wasn’t an extreme situation it’s like comparing a level 1 knight dps to a level 20 8/8 wizard

Yes, it is an extreme situation. To counter his argument that the weapon, that is half the value of a pixie, being unfair, you state that anyone with etherite should have to be compared to someone with pixie, a t5/t6 shield, and enough mana to use it at least 3 times, as that’s the only way to make it fair.

That makes absolutely no sense, I can’t not blow enough holes in that claim.

It makes perfect sense because the argument is that while being invisible rogue does more damage than a knight. Therefore you need to include a knights shield.

“Etherite is not broken at all”

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME

It’s not, 2 other daggers do very similar dmg

etherite isn’t broken it’s perma worse than cronus, these classes need items like these to be tradeable bc its necessary to play the classes

its got much more damage while haveing only a little less range.

No. Dagger are very playable without an etherite. And saying that melees wouldnt be op even without pixie is just silly.

Ah yes, clearly, Etherite is just. So much worse. Unusable by any of the dagger classes. Absolutely worthless.

I would also like to point out that, while Cronus sacrifices 0.7 range when compared to the Spirit Dagger, the Etherite sacrifices only 0.5 range.
Also, Etherite has both +4 wis and +4 vit. Minor point. Basically steals Cronus’s boosts, makes them better.

I’d like to point out here that the Etherite sacrifices 1.5 range. Not 0.5. Which makes it, in that category, worse than any other dagger out there, including Cronus, in terms of range.

It sacrifices a total of 1.6 range when compared to the Foul, yes; and even if it loses in the range department, who cares about range if you can:
a) Go in undetected
or
b) Use a decoy to distract the enemy.
The amount of damage you can do is just too high for the range it has, which is why it’s seen as too powerful.