Why is the tomb boss order bes nut geb?

I’ve always wondered why? Why bes first? Why geb last? Etc?

Attacking bes first doesn’t trigger the other bosses to do anything, nut dies second because she is a healer and can paralyze which could be deadly when fighting geb. Geb last because of the apparent danger when it gets to the rage phase (where having a clear tomb will make it easier to deal with).

The pro tomb is actually nut, geb, bes. But I wouldn’t recommend this method until people understood the mechanics of how the bosses get to their armor broken phase.

You can kill all 3 bosses in about 1 minute using the above method, as each one can be instagibbed during their armor broken phase.

Bes is first because he is the tankiest, and rather easy to deal with. Nut heals, so she goes second, and geb last mainly because the other two are gone. I’ve heard of orders where nut goes first due to her healing ability, but that was from long ago I believe.

If I remember correctly, if you do it any other order, its more tiresome bc there are more phases for each boss/more artifacts spawn. I could be wrong but Pretty sure this was it If I remember correctly. If u start with nut, she circles geb AND bes but if u start with her 2nd, she’ll only circle geb.

exactly what i was typing the nut/geb hug and less lethal artifacts from bes

Wait so attacking bes first will not trigger the other bosses, but attacking say nut first will? I thought they only got activated when a certain amount of damage has been dealt

Watch this, its a reverse tomb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_809JjuwCu0

As you can see if bes isn’t done first he will have a “dancing” phase with the other bosses. There’s a ton of other factors to consider too, for one bes is by far the least threatening of the 3 bosses. His artifacts do no damage and have a non threatening status effect, his rage is by far the easiest to do without touching the other bosses, and he has no “control” status effects(paralyze quiet slow etc).

Nut is done next because she heals, though by a negligible amount. I don’t think there’s any other real reason nut is done second other than the fact you want to save the most dangerous for last.

Nut is tied to the other bosses, if you attack her first the others do a dance then start their first damage phase.

nut best geb works too, thats how they used to do it

can you explain a bit more about the armor broken phase in a “pro” tomb? Do you mean when the bosses armor break us, or do the bosses get their armor broken?

Have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nM9V8yEKZ8

Back when I was in Tomb raiders (2012) we did a lot of experimenting with the phases and trying to do the fastest tomb.

yea most likely, i just remember nut first and get the bosses to their armor break phase.

I love how there aren’t any blue stars or red stars budging into this, mainly because the majority doesn’t have the experience (but what happened to the one-tricks? Is it because one-tricks main characters that are good in general?)

something no one mentioned you may find useful is in small groups with not so great dps, people start with nut, because she doesn’t heal

…then bes, and so forth…

Yea that works for soloing with low dps.

Dang beat me to it, I saw this at work and was like “rip I wanna respond”.

Other thing to consider (though it might not apply as much to private runs): Bes drops the best loot and has the easiest rage. Bes nut Geb is also coincidentally the level of difficulty ascending for solo on melee (Geb you have to grum or play bouncy balls)

Replying so that Tsunami’s star-discrimination comment doesn’t go unanswered.

jk I’m too poor to do tombs

Reiterating @mephlsto’s comments.

Nut first can be faster, but only if you execute flawlessly. If you don’t push to armor break before the first hug or if you don’t push to rage on the first armor break, it will take longer than bes first because of all the hug stages.

When people first started to figure out tombs, everyone did nut first because constructs had taught them that you have to eliminate the healing. But eventually best first was accepted as the proper order because it is definitely the safest and easiest order for a clean tomb.

The real problem is that even in a very experienced group people still mess it up. I also joined Tomb Raiders (and some other high level tombing guilds) for a little while in 2011-2012 and coordinating insta breaks was much more challenging than you might hope, unless you pick exactly who goes into the tomb for maximum efficiency.

:3
not discriminating, I’m probably lacking in tomb knowledge even more than some blue stars lmao. I just thought it was funny

You guys forgot one important thing that make a nut first tomb faster than a bes first one : pets.

When there’s too much pets attacking, if you start with Bes, Nut/Geb will launch weak. If there’s weak, Nut healing becomes relevant (if you are a small group), forcing you most of the time to activate Nut/Geb to stop the weak.

Instead, if you start with Nut, even if the bosses start throwing weak because of pets, it doesn’t matter as much since Nut won’t be healing.

For the reason Geb is done last, well it’s just because her rage makes her jump everywhere, and her artes are the most dangerous, so you don’t want them circling around Nut.

PS: To have more fun, remember to activate Geb before getting Nut rage, that way Nut will hug Geb while raging :wink: