Why is there such a stigma against fame farming?

Because high fame is pointless

I never really had anything against fame trains other than, the people who do it are lazy people (while it is co-operative to a certain extent). Though after all of these private trains going around and people being selfish and all, I have slightly less respect towards players when I hear people hopping over to another server to do ‘ptrains for the fame’, which could be a hindrance to players that do not want to be involved in the ptrain.

wasd and r

that wont fix ANYTHING. all the trainers with shitloads of fame will still keep it. in order to balance fame gain, the devs need to increase fame in dungeons, so that godlands is not the most efficent way to farm fame.

Pets. Pets replaced RotMG with something akin to RotMG but it’s not RotMG.

“The only co-op we have left.” Thanks, pets.
Everything is steamrolled. Thanks, pets.
Fame is now highly sought after to feed your pet. Thanks, pets.
Dungeons are all rushed now while majority of players sit at spawn. Thanks, pets.
People are no longer challenged by the game and look to other things for enjoyment, like dragging in attempt to get other players killed. Thanks, pets.
“Necro is shit.” Thanks, pets.
“Priest gets no loot.” Thanks, pets.
etc.

I started a group-NPE with my guild. It, imo, was loads of fun. Much more challenging. It really put the multiplayer back into Realm. Doing an Abyss was fun again. I actually felt like I needed to max Speed/Dex before an Abyss. Nowadays I waltz into an abyss while leveling and my pet carries me to Malphas and back.

I know this is kind of a side tangent but without pets this thread would not exist. Pets enabled good players (or “pay2win” players) to carry “n00bs” to white star which effectively ruined any meaning rankings once had. I also hate how everyone just assumes I fame train because I’m white star (I get many messages in game asking where the train is). I have a near maxed Legendary with no money put in and not a single character I have was fame trained (I did however try out the fame train on 1-230 fame dead knights to help with Legendary yard). My negative thoughts about the train aside, it’s efficient, it’s easy, it helps a lot of people, and as someone else pointed out, it’s a nice relaxing “autopilot” mode that rewards you so it’s not all bad.

IMO the fame train is an exploit.

EDIT;

Hey, we have an example right here.

@Vlad did specify that pets were the root cause of it, and I agree with that, but the existence of the fame train makes it even less rewarding.

Yes and also when i play on my blue star account people dont trust me when i call dungeons and dont take my advice they call me noob or scrub. These are pre assumed thoughts that are always going to be place. Its very to prevent a prejudice to arise in a diverse community.

If stars would be harder to get, lower rank people would also be stigmatized less.

Because it is so easy now, anyone who doesn’t have as many stars is looked down on that much more.

But wait? if stars are so easy to get now wouldn’t that make lower stars actually look better. I mean if white stars are now being looked at as more of a normal thing then certainly as you say it would affect other stars. So actually wouldn’t it be setting a equal community? Showing stars really dont matter or show much you as a player and that a blue star could be just as good or better then a white. That seems like a fair thing me.

You’re following the same logic as this:

By using a hacked client with autonexus, it’s easy to get 8/8 characters.
Because of this the value of an 8/8 is lower and people will think a player with only 0/8 characters is just as good or even better than someone with only 8/8 characters.

Most players probably just see it like this:

If it’s that easy to get a white star, then people who aren’t white stars either don’t take the effort of farming a white star because they’re lazy, or they don’t know of the fame train because they’re noobs. There’s also a small amount of extremists who don’t farm a star because they think it’s unfair, but maybe they’re simply using this as an excuse because they’re bad at the game.

Either way, the game is easier, so having less stars shows an even lower amount of skill than it used to.

If you think about it more deeply you realize that stars don’t mean shit, but even then people tend to think of the higher rank players as the more experienced players.

How is it an exploit?
There are two meanings to exploit.

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

Or

make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.

Fame farming, going by the first definition, yes, it’s is an exploit. We are making use of the party exp system to its fullest. But saying it’s an unfair exploit, which is what most people think of exploit, I disagree.

What’s the difference between farming god lands with your guild and being in a game train?

The first is everyone working, the second is only a number of people shooting.

This led to more prominent trainers making a more efficient train, by making it more private. More people actually shooting = more fame. They aren’t abusing any bugs in the game, as anyone can make their own train if they want to.

I think that the recent influx of newer players are just salty that the op players don’t have anything better to do than walk around in circles. I used to hate fame farmers just because of the sole purpose of keeping their realmeye’s looking flashy. Until I realized that there’s nothing better to do after maxing characters and getting good UT’s, I kind of started to notice that the more unfortunate players have unified jealousy.

Isn’t running guild dungeons much more fun and challenging?
If you’re bored of them, you can spice them up by not bringing pets/applying various restrictions.

True, but depending on who you’re with that dynamic can change. If your guild is one of the top on the server and you just feel cool being in it, some payups for pooling in may be stunted by greedy people who don’t know eachother well. Your case, however, makes perfect sense when looking at a guild made of personal friends on a discord or whatnot.

I’d go with this one.
If you compare fame farming to gaining fame through normal play, the difference is ridiculous.
I think getting a high amount of fame should be difficult and challenging. If it’s this easy to gain fame, there’s no more challenge to getting a lot of fame.
If you do manage a high amount of fame through normal play, your achievement is still nothing compared to people who sit in the fame train all day.

Dying in the fame train is also much more difficult than it is during normal play.
The things you normally do are much more varied forcing you to adapt to the situation, rather than repeating an endless simple grind.

I still don’t see anything unfair about the train as a whole (not the actions of the players themselves)

Anyone has the option to start their own train, there is nothing to stop them from doing that.

What is the difference between someone solo farming god lands and someone at the front of the train and killing gods?

Let’s see… both are actively killing gods.
One has other people killing gods as well.
Both are doing fairly monotonous tasks.
One gets less fame because of solo play.

They aren’t that different, except for the key fact that other players are with them as well.

So if you’re trying to say playing in a group is unfair, then why are you playing realm in the first place. The game was built around co-op. Yes, most of it is gone, but training is a remnant of the co-op nature of the game.

Now, we go into the action and behavior of the players in the train.

I group the players in the train into two main groups. Those who shoot, and those who don’t. Those who shoot, they’re doing nothing wrong. Those who don’t are doing something wrong. They’re not working except running in circles. This group is the main stereotype of all trainers, regardless if they shoot or not.

I agree that players shouldn’t be able to be rewarded for doing nothing, but party exp is both a blessing and a curse. It rewards those farming in groups where everyone shoots, but also rewards groups in which only a small number are doing any work at all.

And from this, stems the drama of the private train.

What is the private train?
The private train was basically the people who shoot, banding together, making their own efficient train, in which the percentage of members who shoot far outnumber those who don’t. This causes the efficiency of it to rise. The location was kept private, and this stops a lot of people(usually people who don’t shoot) from accessing the train.

I completely agree with your point in that ptrain is much different than normal fame train.

A group of friends farming together is not bad.

A giant group of players who are acquaintances (if that) paired with even more random leechers is bad. And let’s be honest. I’d be willing to bet 99% of fame trainers, even ptrainers, have leeched the train at one point or another.

Playing the game is just as pointless (AKA not very). The point of both is to have fun. Yes. I know. You may not think fame farming is fun. But if you cannot understand the concept of other people enjoying things you don’t, then I’m afraid I can’t help you.

What’s wrong with this? Teaming up and cooperation are the cause of the low death rate

There is a gif of this