Why only temp bans?

Why are caught hackers only temporarily banned? Wouldn’t it be better if they just got permanently erased sending a message to other hackers that if they also get caught it’s game over? They just keep coming back with this mindset of “Oh it’s just gonna be a week ban if i get caught, time to play something else in the meanwhile I guess…” and its really annoying. “Why do you hate hackers? They make the game easier for us most of the time even though sometimes they get greedy and do stuff for themselves.” not a direct quote from someone but a summary of what most of people that dont care about this issue. Playing the game with hacks to make it easier? You’re probably bad at the game then if you cant get good through experience just try and if you’re just a crybaby about it wanting everything to go easy then i suggest just quit. Hackers ruin experience and fun game play for normal realmers and yet they just keep popping back and now just adding up. Is DECA doing this just cause most of the P2W community are hackers and they know it? Why is it like this? Post you thoughts here as well.

It’s usually temp the first time and permanent the second time.

Sometimes it will be 3 chances

And sometimes in the case of things like stolen accounts and selling accounts it’s a instant perma

Temp ban to give them a warning, just like shatter said. As for why I hate them, mostly cause they have a big and unfair advantage over me. I’ve worked hard for this knowledge, and they come in with their RWT gear being all “lel XD ppe btw” and walk through things that would kill me in a heartbeat.

It’s annoying though that “The Warning” is just taken as a joke or just a break for them. Even some hackers that get called out and threatened with that warning ban dont take it seriously and that’s what annoys me the most.

Yeah, you’re absolutely right. Luckily for us though, they just need to slip up one more time and then they’re done for.

i would say make the most out of it, and laugh at them when they get perma banned.

Permabanning lots of them would decrease the amount of players seriously and so lower Decas income.

In all seriousness, I respectfully disagree. I think that hackers should be given a second chance to get their shit together and go back to actually playing the game after their first offense. Sure, the warning ban may be just a quick break for them.

You also have to consider, Deca is treading a very thin line. I’ve been recording some realm footage and I’ve come up with an estimate that about 10 - 15% of the realm community has or currently uses cheats. These are just the people I’ve caught. Also consider the fact that not all of them are obvious.

If Deca up and permabanned every hacker they caught, they’d be up shit creek without a paddle or a boat. I will agree, the P2KW (pay to kinda win) playerbase has the most concentration of hackers. This means that if Deca were to ban them, they’d lose a serious amount of income.

What’s worse? Cheaters in a game with constant updates and bug fixes and new content, or no cheaters and a (probably) dead game?

Lel, ur arguments arent worth anything in my oppinion. U cant just say “git gud or quit”, especially when they aren’t affecting u in any sort. Ofc, Hackers which steal accouns, dupe or abuse fame glitches are def needed to be banned. No point in arguing there. But like every other “normal” hacker that just uses clients u rlly dont have a reason to care about, do u? They aren’t ruining ur game experience afterall, if not pls tell tho i will probably never look at this thread again. My oppinion, u can disagree as much as u want to but I dont think Im missing sth out. Hackers not affecting u = No Ban, or atleast u have no reason to care. Its like u would say equality marriage would be wrong. U just cant argument against it. Hackers affecting ur game = banned (Including things like rankings, etc) *

dOnT cOmPlAiN bOuT sOmEtHiNg tHaT uNneCcEsSaRy. Have a nice day!

Could you type a bit better?

What’s this even mean?

Are you okay?

I think he’s joking lmao. I hope he’s joking.

Unfortunately it’s not. My old account called “StarWarsIV” was hacked and sold on reddit. I tried to get it banned, or back in my control. But nothing happened.

When deca has undeniable proof, it is

I even told them the old account password, the email, the receipts for gold purchases, security questions, everything.

I disagree. People who reconnect or use anti-debuff make it harder for others to get sb.

The temporary bans are a form of a “2nd chance”. If someone abuses the 2nd chance they get, that’s incredibly rude, and warrants a permanent ban. Should a young impressionable teenager be given the death sentence for committing a petty crime?

Should the punishment for breaking the terms of service being provided by the provider of said service be determined by users, or are the providers in any way obligated to reveal their reasoning when meting out punishment?
They are answerable to no one, we are all guests using their service, and they are under no obligation whatsoever to give us anything. Everything being provided to us is just an added bonus and we should be grateful.

Thing is, hackers that are stupid enough to get a temp ban will get caught again 50% of the time and then get a permaban.

I don’t understand why people are so triggered by this, if someone is hacking it doesn’t affect my game play at all.
Most bosses and chests have a low Soul bound threshold due to priests being so weak, so if you have achieved SB damage you have the same chance as someone who is hacking to get good loot.

Dumb hackers will get perma banned - they are a blip of annoyance - because they will play in a way which is clearly game breaking; teleporting over walls, etc etc. They can be easily video’d and banned. A second chance is, as others have said, necessary to give people a chance to play properly if they were for some reason caught up in peer pressure to use hacks. People make mistakes, we try to teach them to rectify those mistakes rather than giving them a life sentence for stealing a candy bar.