Why only temp bans?

Perma cloaking rogues? Reconnecting leechers?

I mean, sure, I don’t bitch and whine about hackers, but they are a cancer to the game. I remember back when there were no clients, how much more exciting oryx and wine cellars used to be. How much of an achievement it all felt like.

That doesn’t justify breaking a contract which you agree to when you play this game. Deca has all rights to do as they please.

No more real life analogies, they’re not ever close to being accurate anyways.

1. Being mildly annoyed by someone who is playing with unfair advantage is hardly comparable to a high crime. And anything visually easy to record can lead to the person being banned, so no big deal.

2. DECA chooses to give people second chances, which I am in agreement with.

3. I agree, there is no real life comparison, I was more so looking at the severity of each situation.

I mean shatters getting rushed and ruined by hackers is no big deal. Rogues soloing dungeon bosses since they were the ones rushing is no big deal. Even on a dungeon which theres only 2 of you but the other guy “auto nexuses” and then recons when you could’ve probably had that loot for your own. Surely those don’t affect gameplay at all huh? You’d probably say “Oh you should’ve rushed that yourself bla bla bla”. Not everytime you can rush a dungeon on your character or you’re probably trying to clear lab coils while the dude rushes. If that’s not affected gameplay where you can’t get to the “objective/quest” in the realm or dungeon cause of shit hacks then please elaborate how it isn’t. Also, wouldn’t you think that if there was no 1 week penalty hackers wont even try to hack anymore since 1 time catch all progress is lost? Being too soft always gets abused.
-just realized as well…youre in WALL guild which most of it’s members are hackers lel…

Speaking of WALL being a hacker guild
I remember this one light blue star I tricked into admitting he hacked. He was in DebaucheryPartyPH. He was following me around for a bit, since we were roughly the same level we had the same quests. When I saw what guild he was from, I said ‘nice hacks’ to him. At first he denied it, but then I made something up about DECA updating the game, which caused all the hackers to have a small red dot above their head. He freaked out and admitted everything. That’s it I guess. No actual contribution to the topic, just some small thing I remembered :stuck_out_tongue: .

That’s an interesting opinion, our guild is fairly relaxed and so we don’t weed out hackers unless they are very obvious, which there have been and we have removed them. However making a blanket statement like that is defamatory and uncalled for.
Having a psychopathic bias against people who for whatever reason may use modified game clients is unhealthy, people (especially kids, who are a large part of the ROTMG community) make mistakes and do stupid things for a thrill. A temp ban often brings them back to reality so that they can attempt to do things properly.

I suggest getting in touch with reality and focusing less on what other people are doing and try to have fun.

Caring about how people treat a game and community you are part of does not make you distant from reality.

Holding malice for the larger community, some of whom are doing the wrong thing is petty.
When people are petty they are being very narrow minded often because the thing is very important to them.
If it’s very important to them then their thoughts are focused on the subject/issue and less so on more important things in life. Kind of like getting super involved in politics that will never effect you, while neglecting your family. Which is very common.
Focus on those around you, your life, your goals and try to be happy and enjoy yourself as often as possible.

There are a few things wrong with your statement.

1. “Holding malice” as you put it, would be petty, however as far as I can tell, there was no malice in the above statements.
  2. “Some of whom are doing the wrong thing”. 100% of cheaters are doing the wrong thing in my opinion. there is a reason for the TOS.
  3. You’re overthinking this. No one is going to spend their entire day thinking about whether or not cheating is an issue, and why people should be permanently banned, much less would it lead to “neglecting your family”. I understand that this was a comparison, however it has nothing to do with the subject of cheating in a video game, and your idea was not well reflected.

I don’t speak for everyone else, however I personally find the game less enjoyable with cheaters in the game.

Disliking cheaters is now the same as being a complete monster with no sense of empathy whatsoever. That sounds perfectly reasonable.

So if a guy spends 10 hours a day playing RotMG everything’s fine, but if he spends one or two hours out of those 10 to trashtalk cheaters then suddenly his family suffers and he’s a horrible person?

When your advice for MMO players is to “focus less on others”, that should be a clear sign something has gone wrong.

And the problem with this advice is that it’s impossible to follow, unless you’re playing completely solo in empty realms. No matter where you go there’ll always be some asshole rushing things they shouldn’t be able to rush or hitting enemies when most of their shots should miss.

I agree that we shouldn’t rage about it or go out of our way just to ruin some kid’s life because he noclipped in Sprite World once, but it’s idiotic to stay in your little bubble and then claim everyone else is a horrible psychopath for not doing the same.

Hmm. I agree with there being temp bans but they should be a lot longer than a week.

hm… ive been banned twice
welp next is a perm

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.