Wifi help

Hey guys! Instead of complaining about the game today, I’ve decided to complain about my wifi! Heres the deal: my wifi is complete trash, the hotel wifi I was using a week ago was amazing compared to the shit I’m using. I do not use a high speed gaming wifi, I use the standard, comcast xfinity wifi (which is bound to cause problems of course). I’m not an avid gamer, realm is literally the only game I play. I don’t need anything super expensive or fancy, I just need a wifi thats strong enough to run that game in particular. That’s why I’ve come to the forums to ask you all. So here’s my question, what kind/brand of wifi do you guys use? I will be taking notes so all help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!:grin:

i use a shitty $15 dollar per month xfinity modem hooked with an ethernet cable on my shit pc and it works fine

where do you live

South carolina

But you actually plug your router into your computer? Interesting…

If this sounds stupid ^ I’m not a tech genius lol

Go to walmart / target / computer store and get an ethernet cable $15 to $25 depending on length. Run cable from router to your computer. Wifi does not matter now.

ethernet cable and basically what bluenoser said

It’ll have to stretch a long ways…can you use an extension cord with it somehow?

Its not your WiFi the game crashed twice today for some unknown reason, I was in Usw2 when it happened.

No dude trust me…it’s definitely the wifi😂 It takes forever to load into dungeons and there’s a non stop 1.5 second delay on everything I do.

acquire ethernet
disregard lag

Game crashed usw2 again

Ethernet cable has no length restrictions. Amazon.com can get u one even 100 feet if required. Most stores should stock up to 50 feet. A specialty computer store can probably make one the size u need

I had to play on 3Gb download speed. Everything was fine till 4-5th hour of playing.

Try changing server. Maybe the hotel was closer to your normal server than where you are now. There are a few servers in the US and there may be one that’s better for you even though it’s not geographically the closest.

Nah, it does it on every server. The wifi sucks even when browsing the internet casually, but thanks for the suggestion. (I play on use, used to play on usnw and it worked fine despite the fact I live in sc)

Tf? How is that even possible lol

Thanks a ton! This really helps, I never knew those cables existed

Thank you!

No Problem.

Ethernet Cat6 signals run out at ~1750 feet, so yeah.

Knock yourself out

also, @PLEBJESUS:

I get 0.46 Mbps down when on wifi, and about 11.3 Mbps down while on an ethernet cable. it’s gud stuff