Wiki Improvements

I also noticed for the white bag page that some things are separated as looks kinda weird. For example, all the battle for the nexus whites aren’t next to each other. It looks kinda weird, but it isn’t really necessary to put them next to each other

Also, some reskins say they drop from a boss but they don’t actually because they were quest things. I suggest maybe putting them in an area near the tinkerer, or say they are a quest item

Finally, another unnecessary thing that looks weird is that the white bags are separated by a cyan bag.

Edit: just ignore the last thing and first thing I said because I just realized how they organized it.

Not sure what forum this should be in, so please change it if this is not where to post it.

Anyways, the problem I found is that none of the Lair of Draconis bosses loot tables show that they can drop STs, when obviously they can (the Dragon Tamer set). I don’t know how to update the wiki, so if someone else who knows how can do it that’d be great.

Cheers

They only (I believe) drop the ST items when in Hard Mode. Possibly you’re looking at the Easy Mode Lod Bosses pages on the wiki. Eg.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/nikao-the-defiler - hard mode boss, has the ST shown (Zaarvox armour)
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/nikao-the-azure-dragon - easy mode, doesn’t drop the ST

Ah okay, I didn’t even realise that they had different names and drops depending on what mode they were on. Cheers for the heads up.

Bootstrap’s responsive tables have an annoying habit of shrinking images to the point of invisibility when on smaller screens. I don’t know how to fix that, but I was able to make some responsive navigation templates (compare new vs. old here by changing the width of your screen).

The pet skins that drop from the Leprechaun drop in a white bag. There also doesn’t seem to be a page on the new Leprechaun.

Are the skins supposed to drop in a white bag (which if they aren’t, that’s on DECA’s end) and if so, should it be added to the Loot Containers page in the white bag section?

The equipment page, when you click on equipment then armor or weapons etc., does not show the 2 newest st sets. I would fix it but I have no idea how to do HTML.

Done. :+1:

Found this in old LH page
informative

I’ve read this 10 times and I have no clue what it was meant to say

wait i think it’s supposed to mean that
wait i dunno either LOL

Mistake, must’ve been a typo. They could’ve meant that it originally was supposed to drop from the Spectral Sentry.

Where exactly is this, if you can still remember?

Lost halls 2.0 portal drops from lost sentry instead of lost halls 1.0

What @PisakPL said :point_up:t5:.
Makes sense now.

Oh lol thanks, that phrasing is really awkward!

“Well of course 2.0 drops in place of 1.0, it’s kinda implied in the name progression.” xD

I think it’s fixed on the wiki now, so all is well.

I just saw the Realmeye, and I was about to go and edit the Lost Halls guide (because it hasn’t been updated yet) before I realized the front page still said “X30.0.0: Secluded Thicket” for the previous update. When I clicked on it, it redirected to the X31.0.1 page, so I tried editing it so the name and date of release would be more accurate. Problem: The page was locked. So whoever has access to it, please update it! (Sorry, just a perfectionist)’

Edit: The guide was actually was updated :confused:

If anyone is feeling wiki-y I’ve created a skeleton (ha! undead pun) page for the non-spawning-but-coded enemy Vengeful Vampire, after a brief discussion here: The Death Thread

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/vengeful-vampire

There’s a sprite for it in the code as I mention in that Death Thread reply linked above, if someone is able to extract/convert that for the wiki that’d be nice. I don’t know if that means there are potentially other coded-but-not-spawning enemies in Cem, I’ve not looked.

I’m thinking the Sheaths page on the scrapped content tab should be moved to the wiki archive, since the sheaths are no longer in the game. In addition, since “scrapped content” contains content that is actually in the game but unused and unobtainable, it should be renamed to “unused and unobtainable content” or something similar.

There is one exception to sheaths being in the wiki archive: the Sheath0. This is the only tiered sheath that still exists in the current game code (I’ve created a page on it yesterday). Therefore, this particular item should be under the “scrapped content” tab (or whatever scrapped content is to be renamed to) while the general sheaths page falls under the wiki archive to reflect the other tiered sheaths’ status of historically being in the game.

Any thoughts on this change? Should I go ahead and go for it or is there a better way to set this up?

I believe the wiki archive wouldn’t be right for any sheaths; that section is more to preserve wiki history when some game content gets a major rework and makes a whole wiki page/section obsolete. With sheaths never being in prod Unreleased Content fits better for them.

I believe the Scrapped/Admin/Testing subsections were added later so I don’t know the exact intentions for them; I think the idea is if it’s live in Testing = there; if live in game but designed for Admin-only = there; everything else = Scrapped. Eg. the unused Puppet Theatre enemies are live in the code but they don’t ever get spawned, I think that matches with the Sheath0 from your description, and they’re in Scrapped.

Okay. So I should leave the sheaths page where it is.

As for the “scrapped content” title for the subsection, I was thinking that it should be renamed to “shelved content,” since it exists in the game and, to be honest, who’s to say that these items will never make it into the game?

Your thoughts?

Personally I think scrapped vs shelved would carry the same meaning; you can salvage scrap and you can unshelve shelved things so either label allows for future use possibilities IMO. I somewhat get the feeling that the hardcore wiki editors prefer to use the wiki talk page. so maybe suggest your idea on there and see how it flies. There is a section on the Talk about Unreleased Content which I have used to discuss those subsections in the past.