Hey, I’m back as a mod on the wiki. I know there’s a lot to do already to keep up with updates, but I have a fairly large-scale proposal to share with y’all.
The wiki is good for info about items, enemies, and dungeons, but I don’t think it’s very new player-friendly because it doesn’t cover all the fundamental game mechanics in a clear way. Since the basics are being revisited with RIFTS and the new combat system, now seems a good time to expand the wiki to cover them.
Here are some ideas for new pages that I think are fairly common-sense. Most are about gameplay fundamentals, but some are about features and history that I don’t see mentioned. Please let me know what y’all think of these:
- Character Progression: covering levels, character fame, and maxing
- Separate Experience and Fame into their own pages
- Projectiles: covering different types of player and enemy attacks
- Damage: about how damage is calculated
- Death: the most important mechanic in the game; I can’t believe this page doesn’t exist
- Loot: a page about damage thresholds and how RNG works
- Soulbound: explains SB items
- Account: verification, security questions, email changes, what is and isn’t permanent
- Menu: the home screen
- User-Generated Content
- Hitboxes: the exact size and location of hitboxes for enemies and players
- Combat: for new system, and general info about dodging
- Wild Shadow Studios, Spry Fox, Kabam, Deca Games
- In-game event history pages
- Community event history pages
- Testing history pages
To make the organization clearer, I think the Getting Started section could be split up into “Interface” and something like “Game Mechanics”.
I also want to replace Development and Release History page in the top-level navigation with the Development article, seeing as it’s used for nothing but info about the latest patch.
This is how I envision the updated navigation tree:
- Realm of the Mad God
- Getting Started
- Game Mechanics
- The Realm
- Useful Links
- Help the Wiki
Aside from this, I want to further standardize the wiki’s layout by making some new templates (an ability item template is my next big project) and improving some new ones.
Also, some enemies from seasonal events are missing – no one’s made a page for succubus or the alien minions yet – and there are probably many more pages I haven’t seen yet that still need updating. I started on pages for game modes and alien gear, but haven’t gotten to adding all the content yet.