Wind circle swap?

R u letting color decide who is more trustworthy?
I can’t believe that I once considered you to be a good person.

/s

No. Use the highest tier stuff you can for ninja. It’s also a class that doesn’t need UTs to play.

If you have it, spend 7 Def on a Masamune, Ice Star, Griffon and Para HP/Def and play until you max speed and run into a mob of gods using speedy and die… :slight_smile:

I’m letting color decide who has been playing likely years longer and thus has more experience than the both us

If you missed it, I’ll make it more obvious to you.

/s

Oh lol, I did miss it
(to be fair, you hid it)

I use Wind Circle as my main Star whenever I have a Ninja. The main reason is its range and speed, which definitely helps when you need to use it for damage dealing/SB getting.

Higher tiered Stars do not offer much benefit in damage for their MP cost.

• Wind Circle is 600 / 70 = 8.6 Damage per MP
  • Ice Star is 750 / 85 = 8.8
  • Doom Circle is 900 / 100 = 9.0

i.e. a difference of under 5% across the three of them.

Thanks for making me even more conflicted :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, is 2 range and projectile speed such a big difference?

Nope, it is already WAY off screen, the 2 range is more likely then not going to hit nothing, also Ice Star should have 19 19 and Doom Circle should have 21 21

I actually prefer wind circle over t5 not because of the range, but because of the increased projectile speed

The +2 range is useful for enemies that are hard to get close to. E.g. Oryx 2, Black and Red Dragons, Skull Shrine – you can sit a little further back, while the extra speed means you miss less often. Even if can’t see your target you can use the tooltip it puts up to show direction to aim. Or just aim in the direction of its shots.

The difference between 15 and 17 tiles is minimal, though. At that range, it’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not either shuriken (T4 or T5) is going to hit the target, especially when we remember that the upper left and right corners of the screen are 9-10 tiles away in offcenter mode. Here we are going an additional half screen past what we can see, and the time it takes for the projectile to move that far is more than enough time for the target to wander out of the path of fire (O2, dragons). You will have no way of knowing if there are any minions in the way (O2, dragons, skull shrine) at that distance, so you will basically just be throwing a non-piercing projectile in the general direction of a possibly moving enemy that may or may not have minions there to take the hit.

Stars are best used in hit-and-run scenarios, when an experienced player can run just into view of a target and spot an opening in the minions before it materializes and time the shuriken use so that it can meet the target when it moves back into the line of fire and minions cycle out. At this point, either star will work if you have enough experience with it, as you will know just when to throw your shuriken for maximum outcome. T4s are nice, but higher tiers are definitely worth using, especially after you have practice.

someone give this guy a medal

It’s up to you. Try both and see which you like. Use a t5 you get 2% more damage/MP. Use a t4 you get 13% more range and speed. I find the t4, the Wind Circle, suits me better.

What’s funny is that I used to carry Wind Circle instead of Ice Star back before I got a Doom Circle. I respect the mana efficient Wind Circle.

You can basically stand at o2s walls with 15 range and still hit him. The range is too far to actually be helpful as it ends almost two screen lengths away while off centered.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.