Windrunner Class

The Windrunner

Windrunner%20Final

Weapon: Bow
Ability: Boots
Armor: Light
Unlock: Lvl 20 with Huntress, Lvl 20 with Ninja

The Windrunner is an agile bow user with quick reflexes, who uses enchanted boots to dash in and out of combat or even completely dodge enemy attacks. In terms of play style, the Windrunner allows the player to be reckless in a kind of calculated fashion while still staying relatively safe, however this requires proper use of the Windrunner’s ability to do so. The Windrunner deals less DPS when compared to the Huntress or Archer, due to its slightly inferior offensive stats and lack of a damaging ability, but destroys them when it comes to mobility and defensive capabilities.

Initial Stats Average at 20 Base Stat Cap
Hp 130 605 700
Mana 100 195 252
Atk 12 31 60
Def 0 0 25
Spe 15 43 75
Dex 12 40 60
Vit 12 21 40
Wis 10 29 50

The Ability: Boots

The Windrunner’s boots allow him to dash a set distance away from his cursor at high speeds, out of the way of projectiles or bombs, while granting a new buff called “Evasive”. While a player has the Evasive buff, any attack that would normally hit them will instead pass right through them, causing no harm. However, after a single bullet or explosion is dodged, the Evasive buff instantly dissipates, essentially granting a free hit. Higher tiered boots also grant the Speedy buff for a short duration, and most boots also provide a nice bonus to defense and speed just by being worn.

Tiered Boots

Leather Boots

Leather%20Boots%20Shadow%20
“Worn boots fashioned from a cow’s hide. Old, but reliable.”
Tier: 0
MP Cost: 45
Dash Distance: 4 tiles
Dash Speed: 13 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 3.5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +1 Def

Hobgoblin Boots

Hobgoblin%20Boots%20Shadow
“Boots hastily crafted from a hobgoblin’s hide. Their soles are tough and durable.”
Tier: 1
MP Cost: 50
Dash Distance: 4.5 tiles
Dash Speed: 15 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 3.75 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +1 Def
  • +1 Spe

Drakescale Boots

Drakescale%20Boots%20Shadow
“Boots crafted from potent drake scales. You feel energized just looking at them.”
Tier: 2
MP Cost: 55
Dash Speed: 17 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 4 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +2 Def
  • +1 Spe

Griffon Boots

Griffon%20Boots%20Shadow
“Fine boots fashioned from a griffon’s hide. The wind bends around you as you walk.”
Tier: 3
MP Cost: 60
Dash Distance: 5 tiles
Dash Speed: 19 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 4.25 seconds
  • Speedy on self for 2.75 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +2 Def
  • +2 Spe

Frostplane Boots

Frostplane%20Boots%20Shadow
“Magical boots worn by the ancient nordic mage Azadon. Water turns to ice beneath your feet.”
Tier: 4
MP Cost: 65
Dash Speed: 21 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 4.5 seconds
  • Speedy on self for 3 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +3 Def
  • +2 Spe

Wraith Boots

Wraithskin%20Boots%20Boots%20Shadow
“Magical boots fashioned by death itself. Plants wither were you walk, and you shadows linger in the corner of your eye.”
Tier: 5
MP Cost: 70
Dash Distance: 5.5 tiles
Dash Speed: 23 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 4.75 seconds
  • Speedy on self for 3.25 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +3 Def
  • +3 Spe

Tempest Boots

Tempest%20Boots%20Shadow
“Magical boots fashioned from leviathan scales and enchanted by the storm gods. With each step, thunder crashes in the distance.”
Tier: 6
MP Cost: 75
Dash Distance: 6 tiles
Dash Speed: 25 tps
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 5 seconds
  • Speedy on self for 3.5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +4 Def
  • +3 Spe
  • +2 Vit
  • +2 Wis

Untiered Boots

Snakeskin Boots

Snakeskin%20Boots%20Shadow%20Alt%202 Snakeskin%20Boots%20Shadow Snakeskin%20Boots%20Shadow%20Alt
“Magical boots fashioned from a great serpent’s skin. You feel jittery just looking at them.”
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 55
Dash Speed: 28 tps
Effects:

• Speedy on self for 5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +4 Spe

Dropped By:

• Stheno the Snake Queen, Greater Pit Snake (Green)
  • Snakepit Guard (Red)
  • Greater Pit Viper (Purple)

Explanation: Sacrifice your defense bonus and evasive buff for increased speed and speedy duration, as well as increased dash speed. Though these boots certainly have their use for newer players, the loss of defensive effects and slight reduction in dash distance are too big trade off when compared to the later tiered boots, and there are better UT boots for rushing. They do come in a few different stylish colors though, which is nice.

Planewalkers

Updated%20Sprite%20Final
“Cutting-edge running shoes from another dimension, designed to allow the user to walk on light.”
MP Cost: 60
Dash Distance: 3 tiles
Dash Speed: 60 tps
Cooldown: 2.5 seconds
Effects:

• Evasive on self for 3 seconds
  • Immunity to hazardous tiles for 2 seconds.

(Hazardous tiles include: Lava, Acid pools, etc.)

Stat Bonuses:

• +3 SPD
  • +5 DEX

Dropped By:

• Limon, The Sprite Goddess

Godspeed Boots

Godspeed%20Boots%20Shadow
“Divine boots stolen away by dark forces over a century ago. They remain untainted by their time within the shadows.”
MP Cost: 100
Dash Distance: 3 tiles
Dash Speed: 12 tps
Cooldown: 4.5 seconds
Effects:

• Healing on self for 3 seconds
  • Berserk on self for 1.5 seconds
  • Damaging on self for 1.5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +45 Hp
  • +3 Atk
  • +2 Vit

Dropped By:

• Lord Ruthven
  • Coffin

Explanation: These boots make a name for themselves by crippling your dash ability and skyrocketing your mana cost, in exchange for briefly granting healing, berserk, AND damaging in place of the evasive and speedy buffs. These effects, in tandem with the added attack and life, make these boots amazing when damage and is your top priority, however the loss of your standard effects make them difficult to use as your primary boots in many situations

Demonwind Slippers

Demonwind%20Slippers%20Shadow
“Vile slippers carved from Malphas’ flesh and blood. A silent miasma surrounds you as you move.”
MP Cost: 95
Dash Speed: 19 tps
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Effects:

• Dashes toward cursor
  • Evasive on self for 3 second
  • Invisible on self for 2.5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +4 Atk
  • +2 Def
  • +2 Vit

Dropped By:

• Archdemon Malphas

Explanation: These boots are the ultimate boots for rushing. Plain and simple. Not only do they cause you to dash TOWARD your cursor instead of away, but they also grant invisibility alongside the evasive buff. The added attack isn’t anything to laugh at either. Just keep in mind that there IS a cooldown, and if you forget you’re wearing these instead of your main boots, good luck dashing into a shotgun.

Stonesteel Cleats

Stonesteel%20Cleats%20Shadow
“Unbelievably heavy cleats forged by Oryx for his most stalwart defenders.”
MP Cost: 110
Cooldown: 6.5 seconds
Effects:

• Does not dash
  • Armored on self for 5.5 seconds

Stat Bonuses:

• +12 Def
  • -8 Spe

Dropped By:

• Stone Guardians

Explanation: If you expect to be hit by more than a couple shots, these boots are definitely the way to go. The added 12 def plus the armored effect can get you up to a colossal 108 defense when wearing Hydra Skin. However, if you won’t being getting hit often, the Evasive buff is far superior as it blocks all damage from the single attack and ignores debuffs, which is much more efficient with the added back dash and speedy.

Masked Insanity ST Set

Note: The Transformed Sprite is still in progress. Also each piece of the set is explained at the end inside the collapsed tab.

Bow of Five Minds

Bow%20of%20Absolute%20Insanity%20Final Proj1 Proj2
“While in your hands, you hear four voices whispering within your own mind.”
Tier: ST
Shots: 5
Damage: 130-200 (165)
Rate of Fire: 110%
Range: 6 tiles
Spread: 72°
Amplitude: 0.35
Frequency: 2
Projectile Speed: 3 tps
Stat Bonuses:

• +15 Hp
  • +2 Atk
  • +2 Vit
  • -5 Def
Shot Pattern

Boots of Irrationality

Boots%20of%20Chaos%20Final
“Strange boots that shift beneath your feet. You feel extremely paranoid while wearing them.”
MP Cost: 85
Dash Speed: 32 tps
Dash Amplitude: 0.75
Dash Frequency: 1
Cooldown: 5.5 seconds
Effects:

• Mark enemies for 5 seconds within 4.5 tiles of dash path
  • Damage taken is also boosted and dealt back to marked enemies

(Damage to enemies dealt this way ignores their defense, but not yours. The formula for the damage dealt back to enemies is: dmgtaken*(2+x) where x is the percentage of your health that the damage composes in decimal forum. This means shots that take bigger chunks of your health bar get boosted further when dealt to enemies. Example: You have 600 max health and take 200 damage, marked enemies will take 200*(2+0.3) = 460 damage.)
Stat Bonuses:

• +25 Hp
  • +4 Vit
  • -5 Def
Dash Pattern

Dash%20Pattern

Maverick’s Garment

Garment%20of%20Irrationallity%20Final
“Weightless armor woven from ghostsilk by an prisoner driven to insanity.”
Stat Bonuses:

• +180 Hp
  • +5 Atk
  • +5 Spe
  • +8 Vit
  • -5 Def

Mask of Infamous Belligerence

Masque%20Final%20Shadow
“A strange mask crafted from witherwood and ghostsilk. You can hear soft screams when you wear it…”
Stat Bonuses:

• +7 Vit
  • +7 Atk
  • +7 Spe
  • -5 Def

Full Set

Bow%20of%20Absolute%20Insanity%20Final Boots%20of%20Chaos%20Final Garment%20of%20Irrationallity%20FinalMasque%20Final%20Shadow
The Armor and Bow drop from the Crystal Prisoner, while the Boots and Mask both drop from Davy Jones.

When the full set is worn, the wearer gains an additional +280 Hp, +5 Atk, +4 Vit, +3 Spe, -5 Def

In total, wearing the full set with the set bonus grants +400 Hp, +25 Vit, +19 Atk, +15 Spe, -25 Def

ST Item Explanations

Bow of Five Minds
This bow has low range, sub-par damage, and a just above average rate of fire. However, it fires five shots… in a 72 degree spread, creating a sort of star shape. Normally, you wouldn’t be able to hit a target with more than one of these shots, except these are special. They only have a projectile speed of 3, which makes the arrows you fire act almost like psuedo-mines that are extremely effective against charging and erratic enemies. This bow is hard to use, but very powerful against bosses like Limon, The Jade and Garnet Statues, Gulpord (Final Phase), Tomb Bosses, and for certain types of room clearing. For general use, though, this bow is ineffective at best and practically torture to use against stationary bosses.

Boots of Irrationality
These boots reverse the role normally provided by boots: Avoid and Evade. With these boots, you WANT to get hit. This doesn’t mean you can just get hit whenever, but instead you want to get hit on purpose when you are able to to, by shots that have no secondary effect. The actual mechanics of the reflection itself is explained beneath the item itself, so I won’t go to far into that. It should be noted that with the full set on a maxed Windrunner with no temporary bonuses, the player will have 1100 Hp and 0 def.

Maverick’s Garment
On its own, this armor is serviceable for some classes, but quite terrible on most. The added Hp, atk, and spe are all great, and the vit is half decent, however the defense decrease is dangerous for most players. Rogue’s can make pretty decent use of this armor however, because Hp and Vit are significantly more useful than def when you can go invisible, and the boost to spe and atk is great for a rogue. Of course, it also works very well with the full set, allowing you to survive longer without compromising your damage link effect.

Mask of Infamous Belligerence
Unless you are wearing the full ST Set you probably won’t want to use this thing. The combined atk and spe are great for all classes, but the def decrease, while maybe worth the bonus stats on some classes, is not worth giving up the Hp from another ring. However, with the full set, the def decrease becomes a positive effect, or at least a neutral one.

Skins

The Blackwind Agent

Agent%20Final%20Alt
“Silent as a windless night.”

Lightspeed Hermes

Hermes%20Final
“Instant delivery. Gods only.”

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk%20Final
“Synthetic is the new organic.”

EDIT 1

• Cooldown added to Stonesteel Cleats
  • Berserk and Damaging duration reduced slightly on Godspeed Boots and cooldown added

EDIT 2

• Added Lightspeed Hermes and Cyberpunk Skins

EDIT 3

• Awesome updated Boot sprites courtesy of Striix!

EDIT 4

• Added the Planewalkers, a new UT courtesy of Striix!

EDIT 5

• Added the Masked Insanity ST Set, transformed sprite is still to come.

YES.
I would main this class <3

+1

I feel like some boots could do with a cooldown, mainly the steel boots and the divine boots. Also giving both berserk and damaging on a single ability seems kinda broken.

I’m not amasing at balancing items, so I’ll let others give their opinion on that, but I feel like this is an amasing idea.

Cooldowns are definitely a good idea. I’ll add those in on the Stonesteel and Divine.

I think I’m going to reduce the duration of Berserk and Damaging, since it pretty much doubles your DPS.

I absolutely love fast classes and bows need some more love, needless to say I love it. x3

Update: Added two more skins

Lightspeed Hermes

Hermes%20Final
“Instant delivery. Gods only.”

Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk%20Final
“Synthetic is the new organic.”

Yeah, I love fast classes too and I always thought it was weird that the two bow classes had only 50 max speed!

No Hermès boots!! Other than that I love the idea good job!

First thing I thought about were the pegasus boots from Legend of Zelda

I really like this idea as a rushing class. Hopefully with the unity port dashing classes will feel less janky and a class like this might be more realistic. My main suggestion would be to give a small .3-.6 second invulnerability after taking the first hit from Evasion. This might seem overpowered, but without it I don’t think people would be able to aggressively rush through real threats, ie walls of bullets and stacked shots. Also, would the Evasion shot do status effects? That could mean a lot when rushing trench or lost halls.
Great player model too, he looks like an archer bathed in Sunny D ;D

Evasion would not allow any status effects to be inflicted. I thought about adding brief invulnerability. I think it work really well, but I’m not sure if it would infringe too much on the invulnerability effect granted by the Oreo, or even if it matters if it does infringe on it.

I love this idea! Everything about it is cool! But I want to give the boots some new spites, so I did.

Tiered boot:

Stonesteel Cleats:

Demonwind Slippers:

Those look amazing! I’ll definitely put them in the original post if that’s alright with you.

Sure! Edit: I should probably make recolors of all the boots though. I’ll get to doing that.

Oh shoot I actually just recolored a couple of them already. I’m having some trouble with the snake and godspeed but I’ll put what I’ve got in. Edit: Feel free to recolor/resprite more if you want, what you make will probably be much better than mine.

Godspeed:

Sheath 2.0! I like it!

Such A Complete Work. Damm… Good Job!!

Snakeskin boots:

Awesome, everything is in now!

I may or may not work on an ST set next if I can come up with a concept.