Wintery cold skins

warwendigo

I like the first one the most, all but the wendigo look good imo. very nice as always.

Oh my god, the Scrooge one is so good. I really like it >w<

The Sapphire Sorceress is also pretty, but her front sprite is a bit hard to seperate from her side sprite.

I like the great and powerful Trixie sorceress.

the Wendigo returns

Krampus and tin soldier look pretty good, although I don’t personally like the shapes of the other skins as much, Rime Sentinel looks alright, but I don’t know if I’d use it over skins that I currently own in game.

Nice skins!
The side view of the Scrooge skin looks kinda off, but it’s a decent skin nonetheless. Great job! I’m not too sure if it should be a mystic skin; it would fit a lot better with one of the dagger classes.
The animations on Sentinel look pretty static, which is understandable. The bottom bits lack movement as it’s supposed to be a snowman type character. I’d suggest making him bop up and down with his movements, I’m sure it would look more lively that way.
Nothing to say about the tin soldier. It’s a great pet skin.
The goblin colors seem to be a bit too bold when put next to its skins. Also, try extending the ear on one side to see if it would work. On the other hand, the animations on the goblin are great!
As for krampus… try making the horns slightly wider. They seem a bit too short. I’d go for more vibrant colors, but at the same time, I think that the dark colors are intentional.
Not much to say about the Wendigo; I simply don’t like it (as my personal preference).
The sorcerer skin has way too much clutter in my opinion. I just can’t exactly understand what’s going on with the sprite. Also, try not giving it too much hat movement. It simply looks odd and unfluid. I really like the concept, but you should try to work with it.

I understand that these may appear harsh, but I’m really trying to help you here. I like these skins in general, but some work should be done with them to make them even better. You can take them or not take them, these are my few cents on these skins.

I don’t know what the Rime Sentinel is supposed to be. I looked it up and it’s a type of frost. The skin is interesting but the fact that the walk cycle is restricted to the arms will make it look really funky. I think the attack animations are a little awkward as well, and the weapons are on the wrong side on the back view.

Scrooge is great. Shading could use a bit of work, looks kinda awkward but otherwise good work.

Frost Goblin hurts my eyes. Don’t like the color scheme, shading, weird one foot lifting during the attack animation.

Krampus, again, looks too dark and the color palate is still off.

Wendigo is a confusing mess. It needs to be completely overhauled. I don’t like the shape, animations, or coloring.

Sorceress Supreme has too much going on. Those animations are really, really choppy and ugly.

Hey, I’ll be throwing my opinion into the hat as well

Rime Sentinel

I’d like to see more movement of the body/head and less of the shield. Slurp Knight is a good example of a sprite without any legs to shift around.

Ebenezer Scrooge

Other than the wild cane swing on the attack animation, this one is awesome! The grey hair on the back sprite is awkward, though. The arm without the cane should also be moving side to side, sort of like Warrior’s does, iirc.

Tin Soldier

Overly detailed, barely stylized for rotmg

Frost Goblin

The eyes are too bright and hard to separate from the face, as is the case with lots of new skins. The feet of the walking animation are nice and actually work well. There isn’t enough of the grey shirt to see it. The blue to violet hue shift and the noise highlight on the hair are too much, but the dark blue to slightly lighter blue is wonderful, the two shades contrast just enough, if you’re looking for a third shade then use that relation as an example. The walking animation’s arms could also go side as the Warrior’s arms do. Overall, I think this could do better if you made the skin dark like the dark elves or dark blue like the hair, and the hair white like the cloak of the planewalker or the goblin’s skin. Avoid pure white and anything but value/grayscale shading on the hair. I don’t know what you should do with the shirt and pants, though. I’m sure that if you actually went through and applied my ideas, it’d look like a snowman.

Krampus

The eyes are hard to see, far too dark. There is very, very little contrast between shades of a color, all the colors are too dark, but the saturation seems right. Try making the colors as chipper as the default skins’. The bag on the back should either only use one shade for the bag and one for the top highlight, or one for the highlight and two (more contrasting!!!) shades for the weave. The horns’ shading on the back sprite make it seem as though the horns are raised and the back of the head is a flat table, but the flat coloring on the back of the head is not bad. All that really needs is a 4 pixel t-shaped highlight like a hood’s top, and a fix for the horns. The animations are sublime, though.

Wintery Wendigo

This one is wicked sick and I love the character design a whole lot! It’s potentially the coolest of the bunch.
The bones’ colors are great and stay just as they are. The bones and antlers are “banded”, but that is not a problem in any way. The eyes of the attack animation are piss and should stay black. The movement animations remind me of the franken knight, whose example you should follow. Most notably, the head bob on the side walking animation is too much and the head should just stay still or only bob side to side. The arms need some way to not blend into the head. The attack animations’ feet are goofy and should look more vanilla.

Sapphire Sorceress

The hat and cloak move far too much in every single animation frame. The pom-pom can continue to move. Both feet should be moving on the attack animation, a la default assassin. You could also just not make the feet move during the attack animation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.