(WIP) Berserker 2.0

Berserker

NOTE:
Sprites have not been created yet.

You may have recognized my older idea the very new Berserker idea, that had an ability that granted a short burst of invulnerability, but after public opinion and critics with good ideas, the idea has been updated. Hope you like it and please tell me any ideas you have!

Now let me tell you about the origin of the idea of the ability:
Berserkers were elite warriors of the vikings that were noted by their bloodlust they went into during battle. During this battle, they would appear to not be harmed by fire, arrows or anything really, it seemed as if that they knew no pain. After a battle, a viking would be physically spent, and wounded.

NOTE:
This class is a melee class.

Now the ability is going to be armored not invincibility as well as HP increase, followed by a duration of weakness and slowed. So this class has 1 main tactic that it absolutely EXCELS at:
Hit and run. utilizing the increased hp and defense, the Berserker can tank the bullets like a knight and deal significant damage to the said target, then quickly run out to await the debuffs. This makes this class a great class when fighting bosses, and clearing dungeons if done correctly. However, this class is not great at rushing and is rather inefficient at Godlands farming. However, one could not use the ability and dodge bullets like a ninja. This may be harder though as it’s speed is not as great as the ninja’s. Now since it’s ability does no damage, this class has high attack and dexterity.

Weapon:
Sword

Ability:
War Horn

Armor:
Leather

Ring:
Any

Stats:
Starting:
HP: 120
MP: 100
ATK: 17
DEF: 0
SPD: 10
DEX: 15
VIT: 10
WIS: 10

Gained per lvl:
10-30 HP
5-10 MP
1-2 ATK
0 DEF
0-2 SPD
1-3 DEX
0-1 VIT
0-2 WIS

Stat cap:
HP: 780
MP: 257
ATK: 70
DEF: 25
SPD: 55
DEX: 75
VIT: 45
WIS: 50

Abilities:

T0:
Cracked Horn
Once used by the greatest viking chiefs, this horn has been worn down by the passage of time
MP: 60
Buff: Armored for 3 seconds, +50HP for 3 seconds
(delayed 3 seconds)
Debuff: weak for 2 seconds, slowed for 2 seconds

T1:
Wooden Horn
A horn that was made by expert craftsmen who only sell horns if they deem it perfect
MP: 65
Buff: Armored for 4 seconds, +75HP for 4 seconds
(delayed 4 seconds)
Debuff: weak for 3 seconds, slowed for 3 seconds

T2:
Drake Horn
A horn fashioned from the horn of a drake
MP: 70
Buff: Armored for 5 seconds, +100HP for 5 seconds
(delayed 5 seconds)
Debuff: Weak for 3.5 seconds, slowed for 3.5 seconds

T3:
Bronze horn
A horn made using Bronze mined in the mountains of the realm
MP: 75
Buff: Armored for 6 seconds, +100HP for 6 seconds
(delayed 6 seconds)
Debuff: Weak for 3.5 seconds, Slowed for 3.5 seconds
Effect: +3 ATT

T4:
Silver Horn
A horn designed by dwarfs for special ceremonies
Buff: armored for 6 Seconds, +100HP for 6 seconds
(delayed 6 seconds)
Debuff: Weak for 3 seconds, slowed for 3 seconds
Effect: +3 ATK

T5:
Gold Horn
A horn of gold used by only the most honored warriors
Buff: Armored for 6 Seconds, +100HP for 6 seconds
(delayed 6 Seconds)
Effect: +4 ATK

T6:
Horn of total war
A horn made of a black metal that is rarely found in the realm, blowing into it unleashes the wrath of many nations into the user

MP: 80
Buff: armored for 7 seconds, +100HP for 7 seconds
(delayed 7 seconds)
Effect: +5 ATK

So what do you think needs to be changed?

You have an interesting idea. But, I think the armored makes this class feel a lot like a jugged warrior, only with a severe debuff at the end of his ability.

I think the ability would be a bit more unique if you gave it a bigger health boost, an actual berserk duration, and no armored. I think that this change would be more accurate to the berserker you’re trying to achieve - someone who goes in, seems to be unharmed, and is consumed by bloodlust. I think your ability, as it stands, seems to just satiate the unharmed aspect. I also don’t think the debuff at the end is necessary, no matter what road you decide to take with respect to the ability.

The stat caps don’t really make sense. Traditional melee HP is 770 and traditional melee MP is 252, so, unless you have a really good case, I don’t see why these need to be different. The vit is a bit odd - perhaps bring it down to 40, which is customary. The attack and dexterity are very overpowered with a sword user - the berserker does 700 more DPS than a warrior (when both are using an acclaim and no other damage-boosting items). I would suggest bringing these both down to 60, which would put the berserker just slightly below the warrior in damage.

The leather armor makes sense historically, but I don’t think it would look aesthetically pleasing in game, nor would it be feasible with my proposed changes to the ability. If you decide to keep your ability, then leather armor will be a better option (it would balance out the free armored), but, if you decide to make changes based on my suggestions, I would recommend switching to heavy armor.

tl;dr: Good idea. Some oddities here and there (stat choices and leather armor). The ability seems to make the class just a tankier, damage-nerfed jugg warrior and doesn’t seem particularly unique, as it stands. The debuff at the end doesn’t seem to serve a particularly beneficial purpose.

Ability is basically the combination of Juggernaut and Helm of Draconic Dominance(which is a little overpowered).

3/10

thanks for the tips Demaratus!

I would also like to say that the way I’m creating this class is around hit and run tactics (I am kinda obsessed with them whenever i play assasin :confused: )

so maybe, a 200 or so health boost at T5 or T6, give it a berserk instead of armored. So really what it does is make it so it can survive some more hits while being able to inflict MASSIVE damage like the warrior. although since it has low defense and is a melee and doesn’t have the speed of the ninja, wouldn’t an absurd amount of DPS balance this out (not to absurd lol)? What do you think would balance out the DPS?

I agree with your stat ideas I’ll make note to change them!
thanks again!

Yes I would also like a helm of the juggernaut for 1 def when trading

I don’t think I understand what you’re asking, lol. Are you saying my proposal gives him too much damage, so his low def and dodging capabilities are balanced out?

S> T3 JUGG: 2L @SpoopyDuck
S> T4 JUGG: 4L @SpoopyDuck
S> T5 JUGG: 6L @SpoopyDuck
S> T6 JUGG: 8L/ DECADES/ ETHERITE/ PIXIE/ ANCIENT SPELL PIERCE @SpoopyDuck

no I’m suggesting high DPS kinda like your suggestion.
Does that make sense to you?

Yeah. I think that it is important to keep his DPS below that of a warrior, however. With 70 attack, 75 dex (and the bonuses from hydra) and a csword, he will be able to outdamage a warrior with an acclaim until 90 defense. He will also do ~500 more DPS than a trickster with etherite while having .6 more range, which is unacceptable.

Adjusting his attack and dexterity to at most 60 each should be a top priority. As he stands, he beats all dagger classes in DPS while having a higher range (it is important to note that he also beats every other class in DPS).

Making the adjustment to attack and dexterity and giving him a berserk ability instead of armoring him will give him suitable and balanced damage, I think.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.