[WIP] The Challenge Dojo

What is the Challenge Dojo?

The Challenge Dojo is a small structure just south of the Nexus where you can take on weekly challenges for rewards. There are 3 challenges available each week, and players can choose a challenge to attempt once per day. Each challenge is centered around a pair of stats, which influence the rewards and the threats. Before we get to the challenges themselves, here are few quick notes:

1. Similar to the Arena, players can not die while in a challenge, and will instead be sent back to the Nexus.
  2. Dungeons and bosses within challenges do not drop items or grant exp/fame
  3. It costs 50 fame to attempt a challenge. After successfully completing a challenge, the 50 fame will be refunded.
  4. No pets or health/mana potions are allowed within challenges
  5. Certain objectives can be met to gain a “bonus potion”, which will grant an additional one of the listed potions, unless they are Life or Mana, in which case it will choose the other listed potion

The Challenges

Speed Run Challenge

This challenge tests your Speed and Dexterity. Complete a single low-mid tier dungeon within the brief time given to receive your reward. A timer is displayed on the bottom left of the screen. When it runs out, you will be sent back to the Nexus.

Possible Dungeons
3VELEbU mvUTUNo image 3mgOeQv Treasure%20Cave%20Portal

Rewards
oAB2FWT x1
18951QK x1

To Get Bonus Potion
Kill less than 10 enemies outside the boss room

Gauntlet Challenge

This challenge tests your Attack and Defense. Survive a gauntlet of turrets with varied shot patterns, bomb lobbers, and spikes while destroying barriers blocking your way to the exit. Hazards deal high damage, and some examples of turret types include bleeding, blinding, and parametric pattern turrets.

Rewards
76O3e89 x1
vfUtJer x1

To Get Bonus Potion
Get hit less than 5 times total

Mana Starved Challenge

This challenge tests your ability to survive without Mana and Wisdom. Complete a dungeon without use of your ability item, as well as any bonuses granted by equipping it alone.

Possible Dungeons
image Puppet%20Theatre%20Portal Manor%20of%20the%20Immortals%20Portal 5NWWo7O

Rewards
UTXiFv3 x1
SMLtYMI x1

To Get Bonus Potion
Use only tiered items

Heal-less Challenge

This challenge tests your ability to survive without Life and Vitality. Complete a boss battle without being able to regenerate health in any way.

Possible Bosses
7 image rutte The%20Puppet%20Master Dr%20Terrible

Rewards
diNMFAO x1
9NS0NbD x1

To Get Bonus Potion
Survive with more than half health

The Champion’s Medallion

In addition to the normal rewards, each completed challenge rewards the player with a unique UT ring, the Champion’s Medallion. This ring takes on the following stats depending on which challenge its received from:

Speed Run: +1 Spd, +1 Dex
Gauntlet: +1 Atk, +1 Def
Mana Starved: +15 Mp, +1 Wis
Heal-less: +15 Hp, +1 Vit

Clearly, these are near worthless bonuses. However, the ring has a unique property when worn into a challenge.

Upon completing a challenge with a Champion’s Medallion equipped, instead of being given a new Champion’s Medallion with the challenges effect, the effect is placed onto the equipped Champion’s Medallion. This allows the player to stack bonuses to whichever play style they please by completing certain challenges. Up to 9 effects (3 weeks of challenges) can be stacked through this method, essentially allowing you to customize your own ring.

These customized rings take a lot of time to make, and will never quite reach the power of something like a Ring of the Pyramid, but they can come somewhat close, and have the benefit of variety. Bellow are some brief examples of Champion’s Medallion set ups.

Champion’s Medallion Examples

Note: Names are just random phrases I put to distinguish load outs, not actually in game.

Psuedo Pyramid
+90 Hp, +3 Atk, +3 Def, +6 Vit

Psuedo Sourcestone/Expo
+60 Hp, +60 Mp, +1 Spd, +1 Dex, +4 Vit, +4 Wis

Pure Magic
+135 Mp, +9 Wis

Heavy Mixed
+15 Hp, +4 Spd, +4 Dex, +4 Atk, +4 Def, +1 Vit

Special Challenges(?)

These I’m not so sure about, though I think they could be special challenges saved for MotMG or other special events. I made these more for fun than as a serious suggestion. I will possibly add more to these.

Fused Dungeon

Complete a special fused dungeon, with a mix of enemies and rooms from two dungeon types, and a double boss battle finale.

Fused Dungeons

• Sprite World + Magic Woods
  • Undead Lair + Abyss of Demons
  • Puppet Master’s Theatre + Manor of Immortals
  • Toxic Sewers + Mad Lab
  • Davy Jones Locker + Ocean Trench

Reward
diNMFAO x1
UTXiFv3 x1

Infinite Dungeon

Last as long as possible in an infinite series of harder and harder dungeons. After you complete a dungeon, a portal opens leading into yet another. The longer you last, the more loot their is too be had.

Reward
aeYlFi2 x?

Thanks for reading!

Hmmm, i’m of 2 minds about this:

1. there are already quests/challenges you can do (marks needed to complete them with), only thing different, as far as i can see: you can die on these quests, and you still have all your abilities for so far as you have them.
    Also: why do you get spd and dex on spd/dex challenges? And att/def on the def/att ones?

2. The fact that some skills will be put down to nill, i kinda like (not very excited about it though)

Very interesting concept, though it could use a bit more balance.
After all, an SB life is worth way more than an SB vit.

As for the reqs for a bonus potion, they’re a little off. Using only tiered items is no problem for most classes; but trying to get hit less than 5 times total seems really hard for…an extra defense and attack.

Again, that said: the concept is lovely. Adding those extra conditions (no abilities, no health regen) is a very interesting take that I’d be glad to take on!
Something tells me there’s a good chance something like this will come when the Arena will be reworked…

Already loving the sound of this. I gotta sat, it sounds a lot more structured than the arena.
I’d suggest for the first challenge (speed run) to be friendly for players who have only just hit level 20 an have T7 weapon, T3 Ability, T8 Armor and T3 rings since if thy already have maxed dexterity and speed the rewards wouldn’t be that important to them.
I feel like the first 4 dungeons listed would be good candidates for speed running, however the Cave of a Thousand Treasures would be a little harder since the things that orbit the boss have pretty high output damage for unmaced players.

The next challenge is my favourite. I feel like it should be sort of like the arena.

If I can suggest something for this gauntlet:

1. Shot patterns that start of low damaging and quite easy to dodge.

2. There could be different rounds of shot patterns.

a. Possibly have each stage focused on different status effects.

b. Each round could also increase in duration.

1. I feel like sick should be applied to players so it gives incentive to actually find blind spots and dodge projectiles. (Kind of like the heal-less challenge).

The rest I think are fine how they are, so the idea in general sounds excellent. Great work man, I like how unique it is :smile::+1:

The Medallion has to be my favourite part of this. Just being able to choose what you want in your ring, by working towards that stat (by doing that specific challenge) feels really rewarding. The idea also seems very interesting, although some of the drops may be a little too valuable for the simplicity of the challenges, and the fame cost is also maybe a little low (?) but, this definitely feels like something I’d actually see in the game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.