Wizard or Mystic

Really depends on the level of your pet. More mheal means more berserk time for mystic, and that’s when mystic shines above wizard.

Thank you for all the input

Wizard is the better choice always imo.

I noticed that your other characters are not maxed and your pet has no mheal. So I think it might be more useful to you to compare unmaxed characters?

Here’s a graph of dps comparison using old tops and average stats at level 20:

yellow line is mystic with ability buff
pink line is wizard (no spell damage)
green line is mystic without ability buff

So while the buff is in play you have higher dps on a mystic, but if you had max wis the buff would only last 1.5 seconds for 80mp (3 uses before you don’t have enough mana at average level 20).

For the rest of the time (most of your life) your wizard would out-dps your mystic against all enemies, without ever pressing spacebar (note that most gods are in the range of 15 defense, where the disparity between the different lines on this graph is very great).

So from a dps perspective, the wizard is better, pretty much always.

But you also get to stasis things. The goal of stasis is supposed to be that you get to control the flow of battle. You can choose what to engage when. Now, at the current state of the game the cases where that’s going to be super useful to you as an unmaxed character are pretty limited, but it is something to consider. You also get to make everyone around you more effective with the curse, but unfortunately this will also augment the disparity between your damage and theirs if you are not playing with other unmaxed characters.

However, if you are looking for more utility, you might also consider a necro. For me, the necro is one of the best unmaxed farmers because the damage is almost the same as a wizard and you get that nice heal (which against a mob is the best instant heal in the game, even with a low level skull).

First part: agreed; second part - I would stick to mystic just because of berserk ability, and with a UT/ST orb its pure power in rushing Oryx 2’s.

This makes me sad, Mystic is easily one of the most overpowered classes in the game. The only finite “precision” it requires is readapting the orb’s radius and stasis cooldown after drinking a Wis pot. Whatever anyone says about “aiming” is because they are salty that Mystics accidentally Stasis chests, which is no big deal anyways. Otherwise, it remains one of the most versatile classes, as opposed to Wizard.

The most versatile class right now?

I happen to love mystic a great deal, but it really does depend very heavily on the level of your pet. If your pet is basically non-existent, mystic is a very poor choice. I would have to agree that wizard or even necro would be the more useful choice given these circumstances.

Agreed.

If you want to play mystic, you need a good pet but you also need to memorize the radii of your orb. You have to understand when to curse and when not to curse. Otherwise, it’s a class worth trying.

Please note, Mystic was overpowered in 2012 without pets, so why shouldn’t it be now?

Because you didn’t have the berserk back in 2012, so mystic was bad.

Conflict orb?

Event White? Cooldown?

Please elaborate.

I think it would be helpful if you described how the orb makes the mystic versatile. When are some specific times when a player with a wizard should think “man, I wish I had a mystic right now instead of this wizard” ?

Also, do your comments apply to unmaxed characters as well as maxed ones?

Wizard is certainly a one trick pony (deals damage, nothing else), but man what a trick! Unfortunately, in this game (especially at the current stage of powercreep) it takes quite a bit of utility to be a meaningful trade from damage.

@Stupidity I think Mystic has a crowd control that is fairly contrastful to the Wizard, as wizard’s primary crowd control is shredding enemies, as opposed to Mystic’s hardpause ability, Stasis.

I think that the orb is more versatile because it provides a Berserk ability to Mystic and increases the DPS of a group of players toward a singular enemy or group of enemies. Its Stasis ability remains viable even unmaxed, because of its relatively low (85-100 dep. on orb T5-ST) MP cost. as opposed to Necromancer’s 130+. Although this is on par with the Wizard, I think that the status boosts, hard-pause abilities, and orb buff effects all make the Mystic strong and versatile.

As for maxed stats, the Mystic is oriented towards Wisdom for its ability to become stronger as opposed to the Wizard’s Attack stat, which is expensive and tedious to max.

Both are potent classes, however, and I agree that the Mystic and Wizard are on par with each other in terms of game-playing competition.

Many players prioritize survivability over damage when it comes to equipment, which is a minor difference to the class itself.
However, many people do not play the Priest class over the Wizard class because the damage output difference is too great.

Why does this matter?
Well, the Mystic and Wizard class are similar in contrast to the Wizard and Priest.
They are not too different other than a few minor survivability and DPS changes.

Not only does the Mystic have superior speed over the Wizard, but she also can stasis. Stasis is powerful and saves lives.

You just said there wasnt berserk in 2012 i was simply stating there was. Event white or not

Damaging, not berserk.

100% correct im dumb my bad

Mystic or wizard depends on what you want from the class.

Mystic takes a different approach from wizard, using the stasis ability. It gives better survival and makes it a decent rusher.
Wizard takes a different approach with the spell bomb that destroys enemies really fast with spams.

If you want a class that will survive more, use mystic. If you want a heavy damage dealing class with lower defense, use Wizard.