Wizzy spellbombing... HELP!

So recently I’ve been using my wizzy for various things…

Including getting loot.

And you know how wizzy has that spell that requires aim? I have no idea how to use it.

Whenever I put the enemy in the middle of the spellbomb and aim at its hitbox, for some reason no shots hit (I can see all of them, and no red signs). There’s this little blank pocket at the center of the spellbomb that makes it impossible to get a perf spellbomb?

Is this a glitch? Is my wizzy broken? :o Or am I just bad…

All I know about spellbombs is that they will always explode in the middle of the tile, normally aiming for the hpbar works pretty well

Edit: You could also be lagging if the shots are going through the enemy you have your cursor on

What helped me get better at aiming during spellbombing was changing my cursor to the procursor in the options menu (Any of those cursors should help).

I feel like it improves my accuracy and ability to hit perfect spell bombs a ton.

The age old adage for spellbombing is to aim at the monster’s crotch and smash the spacebar.

This is it, if you have an FPS drop - this is very nice able when you’re fighting the avatar with a huge group - and you press spacebar when when there’s a frame skip, it won’t hit anything.

Your wizard isn’t “broken” or anything; just try it out on the tutorial turrets and you’ll see that it works fine.

It’s probably just extreme lag.

Try disabling ally particles using DECA menu. If you can see ALL the shots, something is wrong. It’s as if the enemy isn’t there.

The spellbomb actually is pretty simple. You aim around the middle pixel at the very bottom of the enemy, so for Oryx you would bomb at the area in red.

The bomb explodes at the top center point of the square tile regardless of where in the tile you aim (in places where you can see the tile, like Oryx 1, it is easy to see this) if you are near 0 degrees rotation. At angles nearer to 45 degrees, it explodes at the topmost corner of the tile.

The old rule-of-thumb is to aim at the feet of the enemies (practicing on constructs helped me a lot). Also, say in case of a crystal, you can try rotating around until finding the point that can pop on the crystal…

Edit: Also, I’m not sure the hitbox size of all enemies, but assuming there are some smaller than the size of a tile, it could be the case that it is impossible to hit the perfect spellbomb if the enemy hitbox isn’t on the top-center or top-corner of a tile.

Edit 2: And as others have stated, it is highly affected by lag. Sometimes an enemy can only register so many bullets at once, and so if spellbombing a crowded drop-chest for example, you can notice most shots missing and sometimes hitting the perfect spell bomb. These seems mostly affected by how many people are shooting the enemy, but it can happen with just one spellbomb shot as well.

Just like in real life, you have to hit them where their balls (probably) are to make it really hurt

Yeah like alot of people already said you need to aim in the middle of the Hp bar ( ballz)
And dont forget if u want a perfect spell (all shoots hit the boss) you need to see that the boss is on a perfect title

Looks like it’s been covered, but anyway here’s my reply from an earlier topic.

The thing is, I tried practicing on the glands rocks, and none of the shots hit the rock. It’s stationary, and there seems to be this pocket of space in the middle of the spell. The particles don’t even show up on the rock, signaling that I’ve missed the shots.

Wtf D:

If no particles show up, I think it’s a perfect spellbomb. Correct me if I’m wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.