Woodland Labyrinth Encounter [Forest Warden]

Deadwater Docks has a encounter (Crystal Prisoner) So shouldn’t other epic dungeons too? The lucky Ent and lucky Djinn feel like placeholders, so here’s my take on an encounter for the Woodland Labyrinth!

Forest%20Goblin%20Sorcerer
Forest Goblin Sorcerer
Hp: 5,000
Def: 25
EXP: 200

Behavior: runs around erratically while spamming red grenades closely resembling the Oryx Puppet. After a few seconds of this it slows down, running away from players, and fires a stream of highly accurate slowing missiles similar to the Warrior Puppet, but a lot faster and higher range. It heals nearby allies (5 tile radius) for 100 hp every 3 seconds

===================================================================================
Forest%20Goblin%20Knight
Forest Goblin Knight

Hp: 7,000
Def: 60
Exp: 200

Behavior: Chases players at moderate speed while firing a wide shotgun of 3 high damage armor piercing bullets. Occasionally it stops to blanket the area with stunning shields, similar to Bes but not to such a high degree.

===================================================================================

Grove Sapling

Hp: 20,000
Def: 10
Exp: 0

Behavior: every second it fires an omnidirectional shotgun of weakening and silencing shots.

8 of these saplings surround a central Grove Tree.

Grove Tree

HP: 1,000,000
Def: 70
Exp: 1,000

Behavior: Lobs grenades that Stun and Quiet at the largest group of players, while also dealing a lot of damage. It’s wise to keep moving.

The fight is similar to a Pentaract, but the saplings don’t respawn after a set amount of time. 5 sorcerers and 7 knights spawn at the start, and whenever one dies a replacement comes out of the central tree after 3 seconds. The tree also spawns either a new Knight or Sorcerer every 6 seconds, so if the group isn’t big enough you might run into some trouble. Note the central tree does not do anything and cannot be damaged while the saplings are alive, only after the saplings die the tree begins attacking. After the tree takes 50,000 damage, it becomes invulunerable and starts shrinking like the Mysterious Crystal. In its place is the Forest Warden.

The Forest Warden (Idle)

HP: 15,000(+10% per player in realm)
Def: 50
Exp: 2,000

The Forest Warden spawns and does nothing, he is Armored in this phase. After 5,000 damage is dealt, the sprite changes to this:

The Forest Warden (Activated)

Phase one: minions. Taunt: “You dare sully our sacred grove? Minions, show them your place!”
Spawns 5 sorcerers and 6 Knights. After they are all dead, he transitions to the next phase.

Phase Two: tentacles. Taunt: “Foolish adventurers, I will kill you soon enough.”
Shoots tentacles similar to the Forgotten King, but much less damage and inflicts Slowed. Still, it’s wise not to get caught in these as damage can rack up quite easily. Sometimes he shoots a targeted piercing bullet inflicting Speedy, and an AOE that inflicts Confused. After 10,000 damage has been dealt, he transitions to the next phase.

Phase three: REEEEEE!!!11!1 Taunt: “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!”
Begins relentlessly spawning minions (1 per second with a maximum of 10 each), while also lobbing Confusing AOEs and Speedifying bullets. This phase lasts until death.

Phase four: Death. Taunt: “It seems… I have been bested this time…”
Dies and drops loot. All minions despawn, and the Woodland Labyrinth spawns at the death spot.

Drops: Stat increase potions, Goblin Dagger UT, and [unreleased]
Goblin%20Dagger
Goblin Dagger UT (white bag)
Damage: 100-150
Rate of fire: 90%
Range: 6.5
Shots pierce through enemies
Feed power: 400
Fame bonus: 4%

Description: Used by the cowardly goblin bandits to rob passing adventurers. It seems that its magical construction allows it to phase through enemies.

I think this would be a better replacement for Bone Dagger, as there is only 1 other piercing dagger in the game, and it drops from one of the hardest dungeons in the game. This dagger’s use is very niche because Assassins already have a crowd clearing ability, and this would be useless on rogues. I guess tricksters could use this sometimes if the boss is really too dangerous or they want to clear mobs.

Hope you liked it! >_<

the sprites are cute
download

A couple things I want to talk about.

First off – the sprites…

22%20PM

The Sorcerer seems okay. Maybe switch colors with the Goblin Knight as goblins are depicted as green monsters.

The saplings and trees look really nice, though. I really like the texture!

The Forest Warden seems a bit off. You made the robe bottom something like this:

robedemo

Some rules that I follow with robed enemies is to slant the bottom more like this:

robedemo2
or maybe even this:
robedemo3

Unfortunately, the robe shapes have very limited designs.

Moving on to the staff, I noticed how very plain it looked. Maybe that’s how you intended it to be, but I added a few ideas here in case you didn’t.

You can go with a classic double-edge, which is nice for “peace” themes.

staffdemo%20(1)

Or you could try a single-edge, which looks more sinister. I made two variants below – one with regular shading and another with a hint of green (which can set a really nice “glow” effect).

staffdemo staffdemo2

The thing I like about staves is that they have so many possibilities!

One more thing on staves: I highly recommend making the staff handle crooked, as wood (especially druid-style wood) rarely tends to be straight. Just something to consider, as it could add a lot of natural depth.

Overall, I think this idea is great. I would really love to see a Crawling Depth Encounter as well, if that’s planned for any time soon (no pressure if it isn’t, it’s all cool).

Tiles if any? projectiles? animations?

Also, since I have too much time here’s my version of the boss.
Untitled2

IT"S BEAUTIFUL!!! no, really, my sprite sux and looks like the snake pit portal xd.

Thanks! I’ll try to update my sprite soon. Also yes I’m planning on a cdepth encounter, maybe sorta like the Beehemoths

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.