Would it be too weird if the realmeye "key" trading would let you offer to rush the dungeon as payment?

It’s… a weird question for sure, but saying “I want to solo this” vs. “I’m gonna rush this; you can leech if you want” strike me as two very different things. It goes w/o saying that this is for applicable keys, but… yeah.

P.S. - would rush any MT keys you have =P

I think it would be a pretty decent idea, although Tombs might have a small problem.

I’m pretty sure I have a MT key, you wanna do it?

Not necessarily a bad idea, but sellers would probably get paranoid thinking you’re going to drag on them or refuse because they think they can get more Life pots faster by selling the dungeon for payment upfront and leaving.

Not to mention, if you do things this way they’re not guaranteed to get anything, while selling the key directly for Life generally earns them more than they’d get from actually doing the dungeon in a group.

It’s a completely valid point, in addition to: whether or not you nexus (how many people would pop a key or pop one for a chance at someone to rush temple, pchambers, sewers, woodlab, cdepths, etc. successfully), how fast does a rush have to be, for someone to pop one (woodlab on a trix is a completely different beast from mtemple), and whether people would ask you to pay an agreed upon price (whatever the going rate is, if it has one) if you don’t actually make it… yeah. The other weird thing is the angle of doing the footwork to give the key-popper the same chance at the whites, which, in the context of trading, would be entirely (mostly? afaik people who buy keys often want to solo them e.g. tombs and shatters) unique.

Not a bad idea at all, but still a risk deal to take, since the rusher may have to nexus or scamm you.

I already mentioned they may have to nexus, and scamming is something people have always had to deal w/, just this particular deal (for lack of a better term, and no, trade just feels wrong) places the onus on the rusher to not fuck up in any way, even if I suppose the spawns are garbage/the map is confusing.

Do people really sell keys and come inside to play the dungeon? I’ve always thought that if you sell you get your payment and leave.

Usually, yes.
This is just DD giving a twist to this - where, as payment, the buyer rushes the dungeon instead.
The seller can then participate in the dungeon itself.

It’s a bit niche, though, since most key sellers generally don’t care too much for running the dungeon itself, and would rather take payment upfront.
Even then, if they wanted to run the dungeon, they’d probably pop it publicly or with some guildies.

I would totally rush for pops, I’ve done it twice before (4 mwoods and a udl chain) and the solo chain is really comfy =w=

An “I will rush” icon and an “opener can stay” icon could each be useful items to be able to select on the trading pages, though would have to be implemented precisely to avoid people getting confused by which side was going to rush.

It would allow buyers to post offers directly saying things like:
“I want key for 1L plus I don’t mind if you stay in.”
or
“I want key, I won’t pay but I will rush and you can stay in.”

And sellers could post things meaning:
“I sell key for 1L plus I want to stay in”
(often sellers who want to stay have to go into a realm and do the “I open for donations” thing).
or
“I sell key for nothing but you will rush and I can stay in.”

I feel scamming would become so much easier with this as a thing. People would stir up paranoia throughout the realm community.

That’s just how private key popping is in this game.

I mean… stick to “I want three life and I don’t pop until I get it”. It’s not for everyone, and people besides myself have already listed a whole host of potential issues.

Ah OK. I think I’ve always just popped in realm if I wanted to get rid of a key without selling it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.