Would you rather have more fungal like dungeons or a halls like dungeon?

Would you rather have a endgame dungeon similar to nest/fungal or halls? Since halls is a much higher quality would you rather have a singular year long project of a new mediocre dungeon every couple of months?

I wouldn’t say Fungal was mediocre, it was just shittly balanced (even now, boss drops aren’t merciful but it it’s made up with the assortment of whites you can get). Honestly, the thing I like most about RotMG is the boss fights; it’s why I wish for some sort of boss run/challenge run in Unity (like Arena, but not dogshit). It’s also why I love dungeons like Parasite Chambers, Secluded Thicket, etc. The Crystal Worm Mother is a fuckin’ hectic crazy fight and I love how you have to stay on your toes while doing it (I wish there was some sort of mechanic that prevented cheesing, like an AOE silence during certain phases, or else big groups can just stay unkillable with constant Armored and Heals). I just want dungeons where the boss fight is interesting and intuitive and also cheese resistant, because clearing the dungeons (namely Fungal) is boring as fuckkk, and I wish it was either made more interesting (which LH does do a good job of; each room is like its own miniboss), or it was just skimmed past and we could get to the good shit. Most people say reworked Shaitan’s Lair was shit, but the fight is actually really good; the loot is just ass. LH has good boss battles, but the loot is completely overtuned and thus every other boss’ loot likes pitiful in comparison.

TLDR; So long as the boss is cool, anti-cheese, and rewarding, I’ll play it.

I’d much rather have a difficult dungeon with weaker minions and a fearsome boss than one with tiny rooms filled with enemies.

In essence, I just really dislike how Halls is essentially only fully accessible via Discord. Fungal doesn’t have that. I like it.

I would actually like more dungeons like the (reworked) nest. Its doable solo in a decent amount of time (unlike halls), is fun because you have to dodge and its challenging but possible both with a divine pet or a maxed rare, because it relies so much on status effects the hard parts also give you a fair chance to nexus out unlike the instakill mechanics of some other dungeons.

The crystal cavern on the other hand is kabam-tier bad, all you have to do is tank and keep your distance, which makes it pretty repetitive. Due to the lack of status you don’t even have to dodge with a divine pet and the only thing that makes is hard is the instakill bs. The cheap instakills are also a strong arguement against bringing chars you don’t want to lose, which means you’ll probably have to change chars if you want to enter one in the realm.

I definetly do enjoy a good halls raid, but it kind of suffers from the same too-high-risk problem like the cavern. Unless you’re in an extremly good guild or a little bit masochistic, only discord runs are viable and currently pub halls is bad and sbc is rather inactive. Because of the way its currently done, its also not very hard.

• image Fungal like dungeon
  • image Lost halls like dungeon
  • image A new dungeon, with new mechanics

0 voters

I honestly don’t know. IMO, new dungeons wear out their welcome so quickly now because of how you can basically get all the dungeon has to offer like a week in with the inevitable event surrounding it. Maybe 2 weeks if Deca feels like putting the event a little later. This leads to more dungeons being created to attempt to fill this void, but still it doesn’t feel like meaningful content compared to how dominant LH is, and outside of that just regular glands dungeons (because most midgame to endgame dungeons you’ll be seeing only once per realm, unless you’re doing Discord runs or there’s an event going).
A lot of dungeons nowadays just feel like event fodder.

I think that I would like to see perhaps something more like how that one enemy in the caverns has this flower petal attack (and reoccurs at the fungal boss). I don’t remember what its name is. Enemies with highly-damaging but learnable attacks, but not so damaging that you can be insta-popped, just enough that you should be encouraged to dodge the shots and it feels really rewarding finally learning the pattern.

Er…like the large brown mushroom? The Mushroom Chieftain (image )?

Cause that one is quite spammy and annoying for melees, as far as I’m concerned - but I do agree with your point!

Neither. Halls is boring and Fungal is ridiculous.

What happened to the Shatters?

I think he is talking about crystal worm child.

Shatters pt 2; let’s make it happen :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.