Would you remove any class from RotMG?

I don’t see what purpose it would serve to remove a class, though. I don’t enjoy mystic at all, but I wouldn’t remove it from the game.

I would certainly like to make a bunch of changes, though. Assassin and Archer/Huntress definitely still need some work, and I’d really like to see wismod on necro. I’m quite happy with the priest/pally balancing, but the sorc change feels pretty meh to me. And yes, I’d like to see another katana class-but I’d rather my bow classes get some love first.

Knight

I wouldn’t want to see any class removed.

If forced to choose I’d remove ninja. Last in, first out.

An assassin who poisons his allies to heal them - there’s something not right there! :smile:

I would love to see this idea as a separate & new class though, a healer who heals by targeting allies.

Yes bring ana into realm

You already know my answer @PELPOL

To hell with assassin

Look no further:

That’s a flawed mindset IMO. If each class isn’t balanced as of now, why make more classes, giving yourself the burden of balancing those and having to balance previous classes? Necro is still relatively worse, ninja is inconsistent with the other classes, assassin is starting to lack.

What I want to see in ROTMG is for each class to be equal and to each have equally useful, even if niche, purposes. Because right now, there’s a balance deficiency, and the addition of classes can easily make it worse.

I’m all for adding more classes when we see some kind of balance. But right now, some classes are blatantly better than others for the same niches. I commend DECA for trying to stabilize the power creep, as seen with Huntress, and I feel like DECA will soon find way to balance all classes. But my message is:

More classes? Not now.

In addition, tiered bows are still irrelevant.

[quote=“JoshBros, post:18, topic:12563, full:true”]
That’s a flawed mindset IMO. If each class isn’t balanced as of now, why make more classes, giving yourself the burden of balancing those and having to balance previous classes? Necro is still relatively worse, ninja is inconsistent with the other classes, assassin is starting to lack.[/quote]
The reason for adding them is as more classes would instantly add to the game. But it need not be unbalancing. You think the Ninja is unbalanced? Add another Katana class to balance it. Classes will never be equally useful – they can’t be with some classes better alone, some better in groups, some more front-line oriented, some more operating from a distance.

Taking it to the extreme, if there was only one class in the game Rotmg would be perfectly balanced. That’s not what it’s really about.

The goal isn’t to make all classes equal, but to make them equally appealing to play (done with buff/nerfs to various equipment or char stats), and to give them equal opportunities to loot (done with sensible sb thresholds, no impossible situations for melee chars, chest mechanic if a truly co-op situation eg. 1st in shatters). Etc.

I wouldn’t get rid of any class but if had a gun to my head I would get rid of assasin since I see having the least value but I have fun in the past with one. So maybe ninja since I’ve had maxed ninjas buy still they are not enjoyable besides the look of their gear which is cool. Or what ever @Mynamerr favorite class is since he said knights and warrior are OP I’d get rid of that

Mystic does more harm than good. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can’t.

I think the Necromancer Needs atleast a buff, its the worst class of the staff classes and probably the worst class Overall… The Skull still is too weak, the stats are annoying and Overall, the mystic and wizard outclass the necromancer by a lot.

The Ninja however is great already, maybe a def boost or increased range of weapons would be nice.
Id rather have another class, that uses the katana and an abillity, that works like a Skull, but the damage which is dealt to Mobs gets higher, the more Mobs you hit.
The perfect opposite to the scepter.
I mean why not, that might be a great abillity.
Or maybe add a class, that spawns pillars, like the incoming UT Seal from Lost halls, that would be great aswell!

So to rephrase the question as I see many people are saying the same thing of not removing any class. Then here’s another question for you to answer, what class would you rework to make it viable in the current game?

Wizard.

Worst class in the game, and you know it @PELPOL.

They did buff the Necro. Now with 75 att its raw DPS is not far short of a Wizard, certainly comparable to any other robe class.

The ability does limited damage but also heals, so understandably is not as good as a pure damage/pure heal ability. It’s expensive though, and could do with costing less MP. And of all the classes left it’s the one most in need of a Wismod adjustment, to further enhance their ability – essentially it needs an update like the Sorc got most recently.

I totally feel the same way. It’s not easy seeing your favorite classes taking the hits.

It is getting a buff. They are increasing damage, reducing mana cost, and introducing armor piercing damage to skulls.

I know - or I’ve seen the leaks. Looks good, almost exactly what I wanted (I wanted the Skulls just to ignore armour like Poisons), but will have to see how it works out with wismod.