Wrist pain while playing Realm

Hello all, recently I’ve been experiencing pain in my wrist while playing Realm, a kind of squeezing sensation. Has anyone else had this happen to them before? I’m already planning to take a break for a couple days, but what else would help?

umm icing, streching, a more ergonomic keyboard/mouse.

Some exercise is good too.

Rest is also good.

I had (still have) a lesser version of carpul-tunnel in my wrist for like 6 years now which made it extremely difficult to play badminton. I never healed it so i may not be the best advice :laughing:

I play 12 hours a day and this has never happened to me. Do you mash you’re keyboard alot?

12 hours a day?! Don’t you ever get bored?

It’s really about the motion if your hand to much stress continously put on one finger can hurt your wrist. So give all your fingers a little movement. I’d suggest picking potatoes using it to make vodka and drank that vodka. You will be exercising all of your hand properly and the vodka will certainly help with the pain comrade.

Ah, I’ll try those out. Thanks man!

Mmm, unfortunately I’m not old enough to drink, but fear not, I’ll put those taters to good use!

No I don’t, maybe it affects people differently. But wow, twelve hours sure is a lot. Is it only during summer break?

oh yes, also building muscle in the wrist is also helpful, like doing wrist curls.

Also how good are you at typing? is your keyboard too high relative to you?

I’m decent at typing, about 90 wpm. The keyboard is at about the bottom of my ribcage. Would lowering it help?

oh no that’s fine, my keyboard is like up on my face half the time so its a pain to type. but you can try having it in different locations.

Also physiotherapy is good if this persists, although its expensive and all the people i go to seem pretty useless, so only if you have the insurance money

Cool, thanks for the help! I’ll try these things out. :grinning:

do not ever stretch or turn your hand in a weird direction for ~5 minutes. it will hurt and feel kinda weird and tiring (i know from playing some “mouse-heavy” games)

Might I also suggest milk to strengthen bones. I drink 4 glasses a day and have never had hand pain even when I worked on a farm and even now that I use a keyboard a lot and a phone. Also milk has been related to blood flow which will also help relieve or prevent pain in your hands.

Ah, another excuse to drink more milk! Never knew about the blood flow thing though, but it sounds pretty neat.

I was once a heavy LoL player and when I started getting pain in my index and middle finger, I ignored it. I now have to live with mild carpal tunnel.

Not saying what you have is the same thing but definitely don’t ignore it. Simply take more breaks and look up stretches/ exercises you can do. Might be due to restricted blood flow.

excercise, move around alot, every 5 dungeons do 10 pushups its good to move around

Oh, that’s pretty serious. I sure won’t ignore it now, and thanks for the tips.

That’s a nice stratrgy, I’ve been looking to improving the number of push-ups I can do anyways. Thanks!

Avoid eating too much junk food, it’s literally not healthy, it will lead to weakness/illnesses that you may not get normally or at the least speed them up.

I’ve never had wrist problems and gamed most of my childhood and still a fair bit now.