X.30.0.0 - Secluded Thicket

New Dungeon: Secluded Thicket

The Secluded Thicket is now available as the fourth permanent addition to the Court of Oryx! Thanks to Toastrz and everyone else who was involved!

It comes with three bosses and four new UTs: a staff, a robe, a skull, and a spell.

As Oryx saw his minions fail to defeat the heroes time and time again, he devised a plan with less reliance on brute force. Thanks to some connections with Mixcoatl, he was able to commission the aid of a remote tribe dwelling deep in the realm’s densest jungle. Rather than outright pitting the heroes against another one of his underlings, Oryx instead opted to throw the heroes into these woods without hope of escape, waiting to be killed by any number of wild threats.

This accursed jungle is home to some of the realm’s most vicious animals, fiercest natives, and deities of incomprehensible strength waiting for an opportunity to wield their arcane powers. The denizens exert wicked black magic, and their leader commands the almighty power of lightning itself in ways which have never been witnessed before. Brandish your mightiest weapons, for Oryx’s latest bounty hunting court member means business.

Difficulty: Hard

Balancing

• Balaam’s Red form damage: 450 -> 350
  • Pure Evil in The Void for outside areas deal higher damage

• No longer pierces
  • Damage: 85-125 -> 260-280
  • Shots: 20 -> 15
  • Range: 11.4 -> 2 (Boomerang)
  • Feed Power: 450 -> 1100

Fixes and Quality of Life

• Small performance improvements regarding invisible objects in client updates
  • Fixed an issue with shooting whilst hovering black tiles or the quest portrait
  • Fixed Ninja missing from the class list for new accounts
  • Adjusted Quest portrait animations and removed hover tooltip

Lost Halls

• Fixed an issue where Malus 2 could spawn twice
  • Fixed an issue with one of Void Entities’ center attacks ending earlier than intended
  • Fixed an issue where Arrow Trap would go in the wrong direction in a specific room
  • Fixed an issue with HP scaling for cultists

HP Scaling

We’ve had this in the works for a while and now that thresholds are taken care of we can finally go through with it!

Most bosses in the game now have HP scaling and adjusted base HP. For the full list, click here!

Some smaller related adjustments have also been made:

• Malphas and Stheno have slightly less invulnerability but slightly increased base HP
  • Dr Terrible and the Horrific Creation can no longer be paralyzed
  • The Horrific Creation stays invulnerable longer to give transformed players extra time

Cosmetics

New Skins!

Older skins that were fixed/edited!

Patch X.29.0: Threshold updates and Fixes
Hovering over quests/bounties no longer shows more info [New Quest Marker]

Whyyyy Dr Terrible no longer para’ed D:

No paralyze for the lab bosses… RIP

first completed thicket

Tablet got buffed (or changed at least)… but not in a way I expected

So thrilled to be getting this dungeon out to everyone! This has already been on public testing so I don’t have too much additional info to share on the dungeon, though if you missed that round of PT then you’re welcome to read up on some information here.

Dappertron, Piggby, Tero, and Wunderwafe deserve an additional thanks for their awesome art contributions. I also want to give a big thank you to everyone who participated in public testing! I hope any concerns you may have had are dealt with in the changelog below.

Changes since PT

• Most base HP values reduced, especially the three tribesmen.

• Tezcacoatl now takes longer to initially wake up, giving people more time to load into the portal.

• Decorative animated braziers added to the front end of the temple for visual flair.

• Minor map adjustments.

• El Dorado fires new close range projectiles while idle during a tribesman intermission.

• “El Dorado Line” projectile sprite is now solid red rather than looking like an ugly checkerboard.

• Demon Tribesman inflicts Armor Broken with his “Demonic Wave” projectile.

• “Demonic Blast” projectile sprite (the slowing shot that the tribesman and his masks shoot) adjusted to contrast the environment better and be more consistent with the wave projectile sprite.

• Insect Tribesman is immune to Stun.

• Bird Tribesman is immune to Stun during his movement phases.

• El Dorado Spirits spawn more rapidly during the phases in which they are present.

• El Dorado rage is more aggressive overall in addition to a new dazing grenade attack.

• Lightning Totem sprite and attack animation changed.

• Reduced the duration of the Bleeding effect from Xolotl’s “Static Ball” shots.

• Increased the strength, range, and frequency of Xolotl’s anti-cheesing bombs in his rage phase, ensuring that you cannot hide in the back instead of circling in one of the projectile compartments.

• Xolotl will now call you out as a coward with a variety of dialogue lines if he detects people hiding at the edge of the arena.

• “Storm Swirl” projectile now inflicts 25 fixed damage in order to close the gap between how harsh they were on robe/leather classes and how easy they were to tank as a melee class.

• Xolotl sports two new AoE bombs in one of the phases near the middle of the fight (right before the totems activate).

I’m probably forgetting a few minor things, but that’s the gist of it. I hope you all enjoy!

I knew it! I kneeew it!!

Really cool to see more stuff from Testing making it to prod.
However, something I noticed - Septavius is not on the list of HP-scaled bosses…

dammit, I wanted to try the tablet out before the Remix… At least it’s lookin pretty good!

Isn’t this dungeon hard enough that if I go in blind, I’ll die?

Also, how much trolling is involved with leading to lightning to final boss?

not really any trolling, and just take care on the final phase. be ready to nexus if u get hit by lightening, and if u are tanking once u get under a quater hp nexus

Just hug the boss after the storm ended and the lightning wont move away

XD rip that entire analysis I made a while back, but this looks pretty good! Shame I no longer have a piercing spell though :frowning:
So is the new spell literally old Tablet buffed?

Why

Good catch, fixed.

Science!

</plays the soviet anthem>

Tablet got buffed :open_mouth:

Theres a chest event btw

For anyone interested in knowing, I compiled a list of white/cyans (the new stuff).

I mean, most were confirmed, but it’s good to have in-game proof/data.

EDIT: I’ll repost this in the academy, since most people will be able to see it there. And maybe someone will add it to the wiki, who knows?

Now it’s viable-

Damnit!

Nevermind, I’m just a moron.

i’m not sure what the complaint here is. it does way more damage than t6, does better against higher def, is more mp efficient, and boomerangs which makes it easier to hit more shots. it’s far more viable than it was.

i’m going to go on a whim here since i haven’t tried it out yet, but i’d say it outclasses recurring terror completely.