X.30.0.0 - Secluded Thicket

you can get self double-dps-boosting buff by using it with t6 orb…?

you can uh, use 7 second stasis…?

why was I using conflict all along again?

Is this new or could you always get 3 of a kind?

Ah okay xd

Even if you need only 0,5 seconds for swapping the orbs, the dps difference is already virtually nonexistant and you have a much higher chance of making a mistake.

I cant think of even a single situation where the one extra second of stasis wouldnt be outweigthed by the extra dps of t6 or the ability of stasising without cooldown.

Wait secluded thicket comes with a new spell?

Edit: THEY ADDED THE PENETRATING BLAST SPELL
Although it’s similar to the old tablet it does even less damage but has a puny mp cost, making it legitimately good for crowd clearing

Got my hands on a staff and so far I’m loving it. Armour pierce is obviously great but another thing I wanted to point out is the lower amplitude is actually significantly better for landing both shots, something that I think outweighs the cons of low shot rate.

For normal staves I will occasionally notice one of my shots missing (it’s especially noticeable since shots fire so quickly) maybe due to how an enemy is positioned, the characters relative distance from enemy (i.e it’s easier to land both shots on a “node” when two projectiles are closest) or some lag. This staff will guarantee hit both if you’re aiming correctly.

I tried soloing a LH just now and boy this staff is amazing there with all the armored enemies. Will maybe make a vid since it’s actually so great.

Completely agree with all you said. it’s a great staff :smiley:

If I’m not mistaken, yes, you could prior to the Secluded Thicket update. I might be wrong, however.
Also guten tag, wie gehts?

I got 3 mana in a cult run yesterday, which suggests it is still a thing.

@Toastrz I was standing near the edge during xolotl’s survival phase, waiting a few seconds for the tentacles to fall into their pattern/heal up for a bit and… I got blasted by this brutal sickening bomb that dealt 140 base and lasted for at least 3 seconds. Can you, uhhh, make that begin later? I get what it’s for, but I pretty much got destroyed for trying to breathe for a second and standing in the wrong spot. Also, you can check my realmeye - I haven’t made a priest for a solid 2 months now, and I wasn’t so much as thinking about trying to cheese it, only to get rekt by the anti-cheese bombs. Mind making them begin later?

Also, it’d be nice if you could make El Dorado flash for 1.5-3 seconds before he switches between arrow traps and the armor-piercing bullets. Thanks.

Not really sure if he has any power over those things. Tbh just let the thiccet be, it doesn’t really need changing and if you find it hard then you have a new dung to master.

I’ve done a thicket solo at least 20 times by now, and I got fucked over by standing too close to the edge to an anti-cheese mechanic meant for those trying to cheese the fight. Did you read my post at all?

Edit: I’ve already learned my lesson about it; until they change it, heal up before you destroy the last totem/don’t use gprism on el dorado after third tribesman dies. These suggestions are basically to stop everyone else from dying/nexusing the same, stupid, ridiculous way.

New anti-cheese mechanics are coming soon anyway, so the effect on people doing the phase legitimately should be minimized in the process. Still, it’s not an instakill or anything, and it’s easier to get into the groove with the rotation if you’re near the middle of the arena anyway. Standing at the edge is rarely a good idea regardless, especially since the arena shrinks another tile inward for the rage.

What are you referring to with this? Do you mean his ring attacks transitioning to his arena sweeping attacks?

[angry french noises]

Also why did you make a boss that’s impossible to no-damage?

What do you mean? Shots can certainly get dense at some points and it’s not super realistic, but in theory there’s no scenario where you’re required to take damage (unless you count the non-damaging red warning lines, which I don’t).

I died, rather embarassingly, on a ghostly prism trickster after the third tribesman died, because El Dorado rather unfortunately switched to the ring of AP shots unexpectedly, and I backed up into more shots ^^’ also, I wasn’t actually in the water, it just felt bad getting sniped with the 3-second (???) sickness and being forced to nexus, because spamming hp potions was doing nothing =|

Gonna post this just because it took me way too long to get a successful run. So many hours wasted clearing realms / oryx castle just to fail like a nub xd. Of course it’s pretty slow and I played it very safe cuz i just wanted to finish it lol

First boss is honestly not bad without a pet, there’s always room you can back out and take a breather. The only phase which was sometimes sketchy was rage phase, getting hit by a slow would usually mean taking a ton of damage. As long as I prioritized slow it usually wasn’t that bad.

I kept getting screwed over at second though because I’m not the brightest and usually have to reference other people’s dodging instead of thinking about where to go and how to dodge. It also didn’t help that my confuse controls are ass so if rage phase had confuse I was essentially done for. I brought the ST helm this time which was actually a life saver, I’m pretty sure without it I would have nexused or died. It’s really the rage phase that’s HP attrition.

Last boss the real killer without a pet is the bleeding since it stops your natural vit regen and does like 50-100 bleeding damage total. Other than that it was mostly “circle the boss and do damage”, or “circle wider and do damage”.

In general I think thicket is still quite fun for me (maybe it’ll get stale eventually) that’s quite profitable in solos/duos. With a pet they’re really quite efficient, if you’re duoing its definitely going to be under 10 mins for guaranteed life/mana/atk/def for the both of you. As opposed to what, getting def/atk from O1 and a chance at good tops in O2? They’re also not that dangerous with a high enough heal pet (maybe a half maxed legendary?) when you learn how to circle the last boss rage phase.

New update: X.31.0.0 - Halloween Horror