X.31.8.2 - The Nest

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/cgr201/x3182_the_nest/

Nest Rework
X.31.8.0 - Alien Invasion Patch Note
MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread
The new atrocious nest teleporters need to be gone

@Seelpit

ofc i can’t test it rn because an ice sphere decided that it was a cool idea to explode.

Since my old one was removed here’s the video for how the new trap works
Image from Gyazo

OMG i just looked in my mules and vault and i found 3/4 of the set. I’m just missing the nectar crossfire. But i have a reskin tshot, so i guess it’s ok.

Just i’m wondering, +17 def, +3 spd, +8 atk and +40 HP or +14 def and +80 HP ?

it’s apiary VS the archer st armor

Required to close realm? It’s nice to make the nest more mandatory as it sucks having an aspect of the game everyone skips

HOLUY SHIT

Even the STs got some buffs? Zomfg

POGGIESssssssssssssssssssssss

arc gap changed to 4 a little noticable
https://gyazo.com/9e7eb685f2c1516a6a957c5af4358219

So in case anyone hasn’t been notified yet, the nest has gotten a rework as you can see here

I managed to actually do a Killer Bee Nest and solo a Nest myself using a huntress, so I just kinda wanna write down my thoughts about the rework, and they’re pretty positive for the most part!

Nothing very noticeable has changed with the beehomoths, though they’re easier to kill since they don’t rely on one uniform hp and scale accordingly to the number of players in the realm. I noticed I was killing them a lot faster even with a Tshot. Killer Bee Nest now has a custom message to the person who lands the final blow on the final bee.

As for the nest itself? Oh my gosh, it’s a relief, it’s so much more doable and less frustrating than the first counterpart. Most of it has to do with the 3 bee veterans you face throughout the dungeon, with heavily reduced invulnerability times, and as a solo player, much less health. I was able to clear the first room containing 2 beehomoths without having to retreat to the spawn room, so that alone goes to show they can now be handled easier. They’re still a threat definitely, but now they’re not mind-boggling dangerous.

The number of rooms to the boss has been drastically cut down as the patch notes have stated. Rather than going through 10+ rooms to reach the boss, I only needed to do about 5-6 before battling the boss.

The boss herself? Same relief as the beehomoths; Lower health, so you don’t have to endure the same bullet hell for 5 minutes at a time. I was able to progress through the phases fairly quickly with my Tshot, allowing me to experience and tackle each phase with a timing that’s not too long nor short. I unfortunately had to nexus because I got slowed in the line of the machine gun phase, which is my only complaint:

The tiny bees. Too difficult to dodge in such a tight space, very easy to get caught with a slow and potentially ruin the run. Other than that, I think I’m actually beginning to like this dungeon and it has allowed me to appreciate the boss fight and design more than its original version, so good job to the rework overall~

why do people use tshot?

Shoots fast, pierces, and is less punishing to miss a shot with then Doom Bow

isnt the dps garbage? ok man i must be tripping whale narwhales ice ice chilly

…What?

So the dps isn’t the highest when you factor defense in, but the piercing makes it an alternative of Leaf bow, the more shots per second gives it advantages over Doom Bow, the higher range compared to the true range of a tiered bow or Cbow is a great advantage over them, and the rarity isn’t as high as Void Bow. Not everything is about dps

Yep yep! It’s an underrated bow, sure it has niche uses, but I not only like its specific purpose, but also just cuz those reskin Tshot bullets look awesome… :heart_eyes:

nice

Feelsbadman I fed all 4 st set to my pet. The st is actually viable now.

did a few nests in pest patrol boss did 13 dmg first phase with mseal only threat in this dungeon is angry bees

@Seelpit
It’s happening

Seelpit already responded in this thread they know