X2 event fail

why didn’t deca remove the 120 sec tp cooldown for the x2 event? it would’ve been fun if i could actually farm events.

MotMG 2018 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

Or just don’t switch servers? R.I.P

Hackers…

what would hackers do?

Oh man we should really give notifiers an even EASIER way to get event whites

They have a bot for notifying every event happening

You don’t want a massive group of hacker jumping server to another server right?

why exactly is that a problem? they don’t hurt anyone and there are so many events at one time that when they kill an event there would already be 10 more events in different servers.

It unfair advantage to non hacker.

you know there are servers that are basicly that bot that you’re talking about right?

No…

Maybe you’re doing it wrong? Don’t spend time switching, hoping to land on a realm that’s already got an event. Go and kill the other quests, spawn your own events - have guildies or discord-w/evers in the other realms of that same server, and you get a virtually continuous cycle of events.

Remembering how disgusting the most-sought events were before the TP cooldown (10 seconds after Sphinx spawn in a 4/85 realm 50+ notifier users swamped in), I am pretty thankful the cooldown is still a thing. I would still add a 2 min no-sb loot cooldown to make it properly blocked, as ninja/warrior/trickster can still notify and arrive at a thing before it dies.

Their gameplay would be:
Looks at notifier EUW Cyc: Lotll - press to connect direct, teleport & kill, look at notifier
few seconds later ASE Beh: Hermit+Cube - connect, teleport & kill, look at notifier
few seconds later USS2 Beh: Lotll+Hermit - connect, tp & kill, look at notifier
few seconds later USNW Med: Cube+Pent+Hermit+Lotll -
etc etc

Enabled to do hundreds of rare events per hour, thousands per day, and would have come out of a x2 loot event (with loot pot running no doubt) boasting a hoard of rare items, all thanks to notifier. They never even needed to walk through the nexus with cheat-connecting into the realms.

The people who it hurts are those that spend the time going and doing the non-premium quests in order to spawn the desired ones.

The discord groups are a different thing, flooding onto a server and I’m convinced causing lag for the regular people playing there if they have 100 ppl in a bazaar for a LH. But the TP cooldown means they at least can’t insta flood onto whatever event you’ve spawned.

Don’t know a good answer for those - maybe there needs to be dedicated server/room/places to pop keys that aren’t related to the realms/nexuses in the same way bazaars are.

Preach :point_up:t5:

I only wish that the cooldown wouldnt activate if you only change servers to trade without leaving nexus/vault.

Not to mention being moved to another server if the current one is full. It’s even worse because sometimes it just says limit reached over and over until it lets me join and sometimes it takes me to a different server to ruin my teleport timer. I wish it would just keep retrying the current server until it works.

It would ruin the experience for many, as is was ruined before when every event was steamrolled by a horde of maxed chars. It would be even worse now with the 2x event on. No thanks. Clear the quests like everyone else to make events spawn.

By that logic RWT traders don’t hurt anyone? Somebody using hacks doesn’t hurt anyone?

well rwt traders and hackers are against deca’s tos while farming for events isn’t

Pretty sure that using bots to notify is also against the ToS

Remember when 80 people instantly flooded a server, w/o going through nexus when a hermit spawned?