Xolotl the Lightning God

not sure unfortunately, though I would guess piggby given the style. it’s just that toast can’t make sprites. he does many things, but sprites aren’t one of them. the UGC team usually has different people doing the art and the design, it’s one advantage they have over unofficial community designers that post in #ideas

you could ask toast to be sure, but since you already pinged him he’ll show up at some point anyway.

How do you join the team for development?
Is there a star requirement for it or?

it’s an invite-only sort of thing, there are no strict requirements. not sure what else to say, they have to be convinced that you’re a good addition to the team.

that would be hilarious, but no.

Ah, but how do you know who to invite?

the ugc team usually accepts people who have contributed outstanding ideas to the community. toastrz and kiddforce, for example, worked on the lost halls. xaklor had a 95 page description of (i believe) the clock tower, along with the accompanying xml. most of the ugc team have devoted an enormous amount of time to the game for basically no material gain.

I’d love to do that…I need to learn how to code in XML…

you might want to check out this thread then, deca released public xml documentation a little under a year ago:

here’s a link to the public documentation itself too.

One more question (sorry).
What program to you code and run XML in?

here’s the not-so-good news: you can’t actually run it and see your enemies move around and shoot and stuff. XML by itself is really more of a data structure than a programming language than you might think. the XML simply holds the information for game entities and the actual rotmg game interprets that and turns it into a thing you can actually interact with. you can write up everything and make it good to go and stuff, but there’s no way you can know for sure that it actually works. there’s a reason I’m the only person (that I know of) who’s ever written up all the XML for a whole dungeon idea that wasn’t actually working in UGC to put it in the game: it’s a ton of work for something you’ll never even know if it works. the only way you’ll ever know is if you do manage to get into the closed testing group, which most people think is impossible.

that said, if you choose to proceed down this harrowing road and conquer the trials that await you, Notepad++ is what I used. if you want to make things a touch easier for yourself than they were for me, make sure you get the XML plugin for Notepad++. it will auto-close tags and stuff for you and it will also tell you if there’s an XML structure issue that would prevent it from compiling.

Thanks for that, Spook. :smile::+1:t5:

The base sprite was done by Piggby, while all the fancy animations were done by Dappertron.

I don’t know what this has to do with anything, but it’s incredibly bad ass.

If you’re talking about the drawing, it’s fan art of the 3rd boss in the Secluded Thicket (Epic Forbidden Jungle).

Where’s the bottom half :eyes::sweat_drops:

I’ll probably draw it on a seperate sheet and put them together if I have the time.

holy shit.

It is sh** isn’t it?

to the extreems. havnt been this moist since seeing this https://youtu.be/38crAAlbffI?t=129

Oh gosh :weary:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.