When a character reaches level 20, the next step is to start maxing out its eight stats to aid in survival and dealing damage. This page is a guide to how Stat Increase Potions can be acquired.
Stat Increase Potions each increase your stat by 1 with the exception of Life and Mana, which increase by 5. This page explains how your stats affect your character.
Before you start using potions, check your stats and compare them to their maxed values. If you’re rolling for good HP/MP, you may want to kill the character if its stats are too low by level 20.
How to max
There are multiple methods of maxing a character. Note that all can be supplemented by trading high-tiered equipment for potions. For this, refer to the trader’s etiquette.
If you want to be safe and not risk the death of your main character dying, make a secondary account (or purchase another character slot) and use it to obtain potions and equipment for your main character. As the secondary account will remain unmaxed, there is very little loss involved upon death besides the equipment. Thus, the process can be easily repeated until you are maxed.
Godlands farming is relatively safe, but yields low rewards given the fairly low drop rate of potions. ATT, DEF, and SPD can all be acquired this way, but not reliably.
Dungeon farming can be more dangerous, but is more reliable given that most bosses have a 100% drop rate of a particular potion; the trick is getting enough damage in. Sprite Worlds give DEX mainly and DEF at a low rate(and ATT, thanks to the Native Sprite Gods), Snake Pits give SPD, and Undead Lairs give WIS; all can be found and soloed fairly easily. Other dungeons yield more rewards (such as the Abyss of Demons) but are more difficult. Selling these potions for other potions you need to max is a well-used strategy.
The question of what order to max in is common, and rightly so, as it is very important for survival! There is no correct order for maxing, and it varies by class.
- Dexterity is easy to get given the common and easy nature of the Sprite World. This stat helps with damage, and should be maxed early on. This may be more difficult for certain classes with higher caps.
- Speed drops in Snake Pits and Haunted Cemeteries. The former drops commonly within the godlands, dropped by Medusa, while the latter is rarely found inside the godlands, dropped by Headless Horseman. This stat is crucial for dodging bullets in tougher dungeons.
- Wisdom is easily farmable in Undead Lairs and Mad Labs, but may take some time depending on the class’s cap.
- Defense is the most crucial stat. It is commonly found in Abyss of Demons, Mad Lab, Toxic Sewers and occasionally in other areas besides.
- Vitality can be acquired in the Abyss of Demons. The dungeon is very difficult for certain classes.
- Attack is infamously difficult to acquire. The Manor of the Immortals and The Puppet Master’s Theatre drop it consistently, but the Kage Kami that drop the former only appear a few times per realm, and the latter is a rare drop and difficult. Native Sprite Gods in the Sprite Worlds, and White Demons of the Abyss may make things easier.
- Mana and Life tend to max over a long period of time, giving their difficulty to acquire. Selling spare equipment and potions for often expensive life and mana is a good strategy, especially for those who don’t want to run Tombs or Trenches to get the potions themselves. The Parasitic Den is a great source of mana potions.
Guides to these dungeons can be found here
. Other drop locations are available at the Potions
The above list is in order how how easy these potions are to get (and thus how common they are). One of the more popular orders in which to max stats is:
(These can be maxed at the same time or in any order).
One popular method is to use a farming character (check out the class comparisons
page to choose a good class) to farm up and store 25 def in your vault. Then a main character can down all 25 def at once (except knights which need 40 and paladins which need 30). Many find this safer than to max one at a time. If you do not have enough vault space (do not have 25 free spaces), you can trade with others and condense def pots into other pots (specifically mana and life pots) to help save space.