(See I’m lagging! What should I do?.)
There are many people who are confused in regards to the types of lag and how to limit it. Measures can be taken to improve gameplay or help prevent an untimely death of a character.
Overall, there are 3 types of lag. There is client lag, server lag, and latency (or internet lag). This page will be focusing on client lag and internet lag.
There are many things that can affect the client that makes you lag.
- Clear your browser’s cache [doubtful].
- Disable PepFlash if you are using Google Chrome.
- Open Task manager and close out programs that are taking up a lot of your memory(You can access Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.)
- Ensure that you have the latest version of flash installed.
- If memory runs low, due to memory leaks in the game, restart by reloading, or closing and re-opening, the browser window.
- If you happen to lag, don’t stay near the Black Tiles, as there might be monsters there, and they will fire at you when the game loads, Gods like Djinn and Medusa can kill you before you react
Here are some tips to reduce internet lag:
- Play on your fastest available network interface (such as Ethernet instead of wireless).
- Reduce the amount of devices that are connected to your network.
- Close other processes (Internet, Skype) using your network, especially background programs that may be trying to download things.
- Choose an uncrowded server close to you.
- Flush your DNS. If you are using a Windows computer, hit Windows + R and type
CMD in the run box that appears and hit enter. Type
ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. On a Mac, open Terminal and
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder (10.8, 10.7) or
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache (10.6). [This may help fix connection problems but probably not actual client–server lag.]
- Last but not least, reset your router. Resetting your router is one of the most common fixes to most internet problems.
I (ConsoleMC) made a troubleshooting guide for Windows OS. The link is can be found here