AMD Relive doesn't pick up Flash Projector? [Tech Support]

Hello!

I’m writing this because I need help from anyone who has used AMD’s latest drivers - the Relive drivers. Basically, I’m trying to record games, but for some reason AMD doesn’t pick up flash projector. Here’s the message I get when I try to start recording using relive. However, I don’t want to record the entire desktop and have to crop my flash projector, (I play RotMG at native aspect ratio on a 16:9 monitor) that’s just time consuming and frustrating. I’d rather be able to record just the window that i’m playing in.

Specs for reference:

i5-6600k
MSI RX 480 8gb
16GB Crucial MX 300 RAM @ 2400mhz
(None of my components are overclocked)

Any and all help is appreciated,

Edit: I’m using Flash Projecter 18.0.0.382 (SE)

[moved to tech support]

Thanks, didn’t know there was a dedicated tech support page.

not that into this kinda tech, but seems more like a question for AMD Relive

Absolutely, I have posted this on the AMD subreddit and I didn’t get any replies. I could send them an email but that would take ages for them to reply so I figured I’d just post this here in hopes someone has ran into the same issue and resolved it.

Soryr for necro, but i have same problem.
Did you solved it?

No I have not. Looks like if you want to record rotmg you need to use a different software, or record desktop then crop out the game. Personally, I use a cracked version of Bandicam, and it works great! no watermark, but of course it’s a torrent so do so at your own risk. Fraps is also great if you’re looking to pirate that.

I’m not familiar with AMD’s recorder tech, but if it’s anything like the nVidia one then it’s simply piping video output to a second output stream that encodes the video on the fly. This is the most efficient path as it avoids any overhead on the CPU or re-routing the same contact back to the video card that just rendered it for re-encoding.

If this is the case with AMD’s stuff, then it’s not picking up Flash because the video card isn’t rendering the game. Flash leans on graphic cards for some acceleration, but the card doesn’t directly render the game. In other words, the recorder doesn’t “see” what’s going on in the Flash window.

Well im using Dxtory and im in love with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.