Customer Support Response Times

Mod note: cross post from the official announcement here.

Since we’ve taken over Realm, there has been a huge number of people coming back to play the game (as well as do AMAs on reddit). There’s been a lot more activity and a lot more players. That’s normally all great, except when it comes to ramping up customer support.

We simply did not expect the amount of activity and the amount of issues we would have to handle through customer support and we were unprepared for the volume at launch. We did not expect to be banning tons of potential exploiters and dupers and painstakingly reviewing the unban requests of potential exploiters and all those seeking to get accounts reinstated.

Long story short, we’ve been receiving hundreds of emails a day since relaunch and we have struggled to keep up with the volume. This has caused an embarrassing response time and some critical issues to get buried. We’ve doubled the size of our team but the backlog has grown unmanageable with a lot of duplicates and complaints that are no longer relevant. We need to take some corrective action to get back on track and to fix our response times.

So starting today we are going to ask players who have open tickets and submitted them a longer time ago to submit a new ticket if the issue is still relevant and impacting their accounts. This will allow us to concentrate on solving current player issues rather than going back and forth on a ticket that may not longer be relevant.

This is definitely not the ideal situation and not something we wanted to do. But we felt this was the best way to get back on track and to make sure we are focusing our resources in the right places. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience this causes.

The Deca Team.

Good stuff.

Really wish there was a way for some RotMG players to act as filters for this without it getting corruprted…

Thanks for getting rid of exploiters Deca. This game is already more fun to play because of your work.

Can confirm much faster response times. Reported a guy yesterday morning for blatant noclipping. He admitted it in chat, which I screenied. They responded this morning with the normal “we cannot tell you what action we took”… But the guy hasn’t been online in 24 hours, so I take it as a ban!

That’s good to hear. I’ll be happy when the days of blatant and boastful hacking are behind us.

Welp, turns out I was wrong. Saw him in game today. Either he got a 24 hr ban, or no action was taken… Although it looks like his main character might have been deleted. Not sure.