Debate Section

I think that a debate section would be a great addition to the realmeye forums. Players could throw out their ideas in the ideas thread and debate about them in the debate sub forum. We could also have very well thought out debates about opinions on the end of kabam and other highlights in rotmg history.

Is anything preventing us from having these debates right in the original threads?

You see, those two don’t often go together.

Good debates will happen randomly, making a whole part of the forum dedicated to just debates is just… counter-intuitive.

Lmao I like the way you set up that reply

No but it would be nice to have a debates section for debates. One I just thought of was should abysses always drop def?

Discussions lets everyone give their two cents and leave.

Debates just make people want to prove each other wrong, usually ending up with circle jerking and adhominems.

A debate is like anal, if you try to force it, it ends up being a pain in the ass.

for debates about game : it goes in #game-discussion
for debates about random : it goes #off-topic
for debates about best class and whatnot: it goes in #community-hub

Debates never result in anything good. The winner gets an ego boost and the loser commits suicide. Let’s leave debates out.

There’s quite a lot of healthy debates on the forums. Debates are here we just don’t need a separate section for them though.

umm,

i think you are getting mixed with arguments

also suicide…

We have debates in almost every single thread every single day. I think that’s good enough.

In a normal setting, you’d be correct. But this is RotMG players we’re talking about.

Game discussion covers most everything, you could start a thread called:
Debate: Bla bla was better than blah blah??
or something.

The only thing not really covered would be half-baked ideas, which are kinda not catered for atm, since Ideas section only wants fully formed idea posts.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.