How do I max past 2/8 without merching?

I have merched for a long time and recently it became quite boring. I cannot complete high level dungeons mainly due to lag and the fact that I am terrible at this game. I’ve relied on merching hea-vily to max my def. Maxing dex is a joke for me. I just need to figure out what dungeons to farm safely and what stat to max next. I apologize if this discussion is redundant or anything.

What’s wrong with merching? If your lag is truly that bad, merching may be the best option.

Alternatively, get a (0/8 LVL 20) wizard/necro/sorcerer with T8/T9 weapons/armor, and farm godlands. Fun, easy, but somewhat slow for getting pots. Nonetheless, you may die often: but honestly who cares; they’re expendable.

Get pots.

Unfortunately, if your lag really is to the point where you can’t run dungeons, then you may want to fix that ASAP since that’s kinda the purpose of the game for maxed characters: high-level dungeons/event bosses.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Learn from every death, and improve.

Lion king 1 and a half! ~Remembrance

(Really? Never seen it—I was thinking of Lao Tzu and the Tao Te Ching.)

You said it yourself. you are “terrible at this game.” I take it that you are a relatively new player, or at least an inexperienced one. The best thing you can do right now is get that experience! Don’t be afraid to take risks and try hard dungeons. To get more experience with tougher dungeons, I recommend that you join an active guild, where you can make friends and utilize the collaborative-style game-play ROTMG was intended to foster. Also try reducing your lag by using a flash client.

As for farming, you can grind some snake pits for spd, undead lairs for wis, abysses for vit/def, and sewers for def. Sprite worlds drop lots of atk, along with manor of the immortals, puppet master, and countless other encounters, including most event bosses. All these dungeons can be soloed easily. Well actually you might want a group of people (helpful guildies) for abysses and sewers since they can be dangerous for inexperienced players.

The god-lands provide a immense source of stat potions too. In fact i get most of mine from there nowadays. As you get better at the game you will eventually be able to tear through the godlands with ease. Try to get to that point. After you master the godlands and the godland dungeons, you will be able to consistently 6/8 in a very short amount of time.

Beyond the godlands, you should also try to get good at end-game level dungeons such as the wine cellar, the tomb of the ancients, and the shatters. Again, having an active guild is immensely helpful for this, as tomb and shatters require a strong group if you are a beginner trying to learn the ropes. Watch youtube videos too. They will teach you everything you need to know. There are plenty of videos of people soloing tombs or doing them in small groups. For shatters I strongly recommend GHZD’s shatters guide or one of BTEL’s solo shatters videos.

I also strongly, strongly recommend you get used to moving with screen rotation, as this will make you an immeasurably better player. Although it may be hard to master and require lots of patience and practice, screen rotation will allow you to easily dodge shit and maneuver with greater control and finesse than ever possible with the simple WSAD key combinations.

Lastly, dont be discouraged by death. As you go through the process I have outlined, you will die many many times. Sometimes you may even lose everything! But the most important thing is that you get better with each death and learn from it. Rebuilding gets easier every time, and eventually, if you have enough dedication, you won’t have to worry about it at all.

The problem is I know the textbook way to run a clean shatts or a tomb. I just cannot apply it to the actual game because I lag too much in such dungeons. Abysses and Sewers, the sources of def, almost always dc me. I am actually very comfortable with godlands and I can farm them quite well. Really, the only problem I have is acquiring pots without merching.

well you need to fix your lag!
if you’re playing on browser, then i recommend you flash player 18 (someone needs to bring the link)
if you’re playing on chromebook however, then i have no solution for you.

I’m playing on chromebook. Guess I’m too far gone

rip. Chrome is actually the worst thing you can play this game with. I was going to recommend firefox or flash client but since you have a Chromebook you’re stuck with Chrome :frowning:

Flash Projector doesn’t work on ChromeOS? D:

sprites and pits. done. 2/8 gg

Are you attempting to grab my attention or am I imagining things?

both of them lag soooooooo much on chrome.
dreams crushed rip

o ye true sorry man merching looks like it’s your best option lol

I’m very sorry I used to play on a terrible computer on chrome. DON’T STOP READING YET but hear me out Internet explorer runs better for some reason no idea why but it does try it if you can.

That’s so vague, anyone will believe it! How can you improve? Here I’ll expand on it.

1. Read the wiki, know what monsters do what(Dmg #'s, Debuffs, Locations)

2. Avoid Instakillers

That’s all I got really, OB should expand since he’s a pro