How to do an AVA for unmaxed characters?

So, the AVA is one of the hardest things for me to do unmaxed, and even if I do get into the Shatters, there always seems to be a dragger in the spawn room, trying to kill everyone. Can someone tell me how to do the AVA, why there are people dragging in the Shatters, and maybe the risk/reward of doing the AVA?

Risk=you lag out and sit on top of him.
Reward=a mediocre stat pot or an incredibly rare white that nobody uses.
The avatar isn’t really hard, the shot patterns are pretty predictable. I used to use it to practice dodging. If you get hit with a confuse, just nexus, you arent losing anything.
If you are unmaxed and you haven’t really ever maxed a character, you don’t belong in shatters. Its much too risky and much too difficult.

There’s a safespot where everyone stands. If you’re a ranged, all you do is sit in that safespot and pewpew at the avatar, and back out when you see shots coming. That’s the least risky way (unless lag, and your W key sends you flying).

Avatar has a low SB threshold and can drop the same things as any event (old tops, exa rings, any stat pot except life/mana), which isn’t bad considering how easy it is.

Public Shatters are a pain in the ass if you don’t pick the right classes and/or don’t have a good pet. Be prepared to nexus often during the learning phase.

Honestly, I think that once you figure out how to move and where to stand in the avatar’s fire, it really isn’t that hard.

My advice for you would actually to NOT stand in with the big group (except for perhaps the blob phase). That way you can actually see where your character is. It makes it easier to dodge the shots/position yourself properly.

In relation to where to actually stand, I am going to go take some screenshots in game and get back to you with some hopefully useful imagery of where to stand and how to move.

Another thing is LAG. Standing with the group is generally more laggy than being by yourself.

Just search Avatar solo on YouTube and you’ll see the safespot I’m talking about.

What i usually do is play super conservative. I lots of the times use pixie, b/c it doesnt matter that much. I’ve 3 shotted in avatar with acclaim and got loot once.

Speed is the most important stat for Shatters if unmaxed. Def is less important than other dungeons as even a maxed def character can die to lava/ice sphere/massed shots, while you don’t need high atk and dex to take part and get drops from the chests. But speed is vital for keeping up as you move through the switches and between the towers.

Also you can still be a great help if unmaxed with an ability. Provide a boost or heal. Slow, paralyse or stun enemies (though be aware which are immune). Do the secret switch as a Trix or Rogue with Planewalker.

Practice, learn, repeat. You will nexus from more Shatters than you complete even to the first boss. But that is normal for public Shatters, and makes the satisfaction of getting to each boss and chest all the better.

The major tip for you to never die at avatar is setting your default camera angle to 45Âş in options, even if you have off-center on (my case).
If you stand right under the avatar (looking at the map), where people are most of the time, at 45º degrees, you simply will not get confused. The controls right+up (towards avatar) and left+down (back off from avatar) will stay the same. If you are right under the avatar vertically, you won’t get confuse fucked.

This generally helps with other confuse issues too, like in sewers. Although sometimes I do prefer rotating there.

I’m assuming that this isn’t what you’re looking for but I’ll post it there anyways.

It’s a lot more dangerous than this way. Here’s the safespot I was mentioning earlier:

Maybe it doesn’t matter that much for SB damage, but you know how fricking useless Pixie is on Avatar? You deal like 60’s or something lol. Even an ass or csword would be better if you like play conservative.

well… i dont carry those two b/c i never have an ASS and i dont carry cswords…

I usually keep an acclaim on hand, just for avatar, because pixie is embarrassing against avatar. @Scorchmist

ehh… doesnt matter all that much.

doing an avatar for loot isn’t worth it because it requires a heavy load of steamroll (and it takes a while for even a giant one, it’s not possible to instakill this thing), creating a lot of competition, and the drops are shit. But the only really really good reason to do an avatar is a free shatts. Avatars are easily predictable. You can just run up to the avatar (stay in the crowd and DO NOT SIT ON HIM AT ANY TIME) and fire away untill the bullets get overwhelming and back off. Just follow the crowd, and try your very best to not get hit by any bullets. The fire bullets and spinners do like 150 damage and confusion/unstable while the white and purple bullets can go up to over 200 damage (ouch), but they are all easy to dodge. Heck, you can even do /pause near the avatar and leech away if it’s too hard! For shatts, I recommend using a rogue or trickster if ur inexperienced with shattering. Both classes can escape mobs easily, only if u have experience in bullet dodging. (don’t let any bullet hit you, since some of these are instakillers). Follow the crowd, do not rush towards the middle, and if some bitch decides to troll, then use your prism to teleport back to the main path or use the cloak to walk there when theres a breach. The only time you should ever run though the middle is if everyones on the bridge and is closing. Watch out for the giant towers, they overspawn minions when you go near then while cloaked, and the knight minions can attack anytime. Sorry for the wall of text

tldr: follow the crowd and use teleporting/cloaking on a rogue/trix to escape any commotion. For avatar, just follow the crowd, dodge bullets, or leech away

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.