If the realm existed

How come aliens can’t get high? There’s no law preventing bad hombres from exporting your good old marry-Jew-juan-a into space

Your work is incorrect, simply because the “planet” that Realm is on is not a planet at all, it’s flat.

how would you know? perhaps its round, the side we dont see is just all dark water

Why is everything square?

So what if everything is square?

If it was a round planet. then the tiles wouldn’t be square : |

Minecraft has cube stuffs. the planet isnt cube

Actually, Minecraft’s world is flat. You can see into infinity if it weren’t for render distance.

But what if it wasnt render distance that prevented you from seeing to infinity, also minecrafts world is clearly not flat:

The video says that the sun and moon are both square, and then claims that the earth is a sphere. It would make more sense if all three were cubes.

Are you saying flat earth theory is false? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
jk

I was counting the posts until someone posted a The Game Theorists episode.

Did you watch the whole video?

Imagine if they did one on Realm…imagine the publicity…

That’s the thing: it would never happen because RotMG is not famous enough. Right now, MatPat will only do videos he knows very well are going to grab attention, i.e., only on big games.

it rains outside the manor no?

@BroooMC wait… the Earth isn’t flat?

@DreadDrake the video doesn’t account for the fact that the gravity of the planet is completely screwed up. For example. you only have to push a minecart a tiny bit for it to go over 10 blocks. This makes no sense due to the lack of gravitation needed is completely different than the vertical acceleration constant. Minecraft’s physics can’t really be compared to modern world physics because there are many occurrences where the Minecraft world’s physics is just completely different from our physics.

In fact, I would say that the minecraft world is a single ‘flat’ plane, extending into infinity, rather than a planet.
The sky is not relative to a planet, it is relative to the player/observer. The sky does not change depending on location (except for themes like the underworld).
The stars don’t move in relation to one another, they all move at the same observed speed, regardless of size/supposed distance.
This means the sky is actually a dome of sorts, surrounding whoever looks at it.

IT IS BUT AN ILLUSION.
In the end, it’s just a game and I can’t imagine a universe actually working the way minecraft does.

If you wanted to make sense of the minecraft world from inside, you’d have to try and look at the quantum level and derive laws of physics from there, but the thing is that the smallest objects (projectiles excluded), the atoms, are the blocks you build with.
On top of that, the quantum probability stuff that allows for really weird stuff to happen in our world also affects the minecraft world, because the minecraft world is generated using electrical circuits in our world. If an electron is somewhere you wouldn’t expect it to be in those circuits in the real world, that can affect the minecraft world.

If you want to scientifically derive the laws of physics in minecraft, I think you’re best off looking at the game code, as it is all defined there. Because our world’s physics influence the minecraft world, you should probably learn this world’s laws too.

TL;DR: It’s a game, you want to see what laws affect that world, go look at the code, taking other routes is probably a waste of your time. Yes I know it’s a waste of time either way.

I beg to differ: your work seems quite fallacious.

If we neglect air resistance, we do not need any rotation information, the interconversion between meters and tiles, or the distance travelled when the star hits the ground. All we need is the time of fall and the height, as the x and y directions of motion are independent.

First, I will work with Your Assumptions:

If the waist is at 0.4425m, as you say, and the star is thrown from the waist, we have:
1/2gt^2 = 0.4425 assuming that the star is thrown perfectly horizontally. We also know that the lifetime of the star is 1s (interpreted as the elapsed time for the star to hit the ground), so g=0.941m/s^2 regardless of how far the star travels during the process. I don’t see how you got g=0.4425m/s^2, unless you assumed the star fell at a constant velocity of g*1s.

We then have g=GM/r^2. Though this nominally has a 1/r^2 dependence, g is really directly proportional to r assuming a constant density, which makes a lot more sense than assuming constant mass (density is proportional to mass/r^3). Thus the radius of the new planet would be 0.941/9.8*radius of earth ~600 km.

Next, I will work with the much more realistic assumption that the star is thrown like so:

I will take the estimate that the star is thrown horizontally with starting height 1.5m.

The calculated g is proportional to the square root of length, so we have g=sqrt(1.5/0.4425)*0.941m/s^2=1.732m/s^2.

The radius follows the same proportionality: we thus have r~1100km.

For the flat earth people:

The earth is spinning on an axis in its plane, causing a fictitious centripetal force (known as gravity) and coriolis force because we are not in an inertial frame of reference. Due to the high speed of spinning, the earth is observed as a sphere from space. The sun spins at almost the same speed and also has a precession; we thus observe day and night differently at different locations. I also have an explanation for why the dinosaurs died:

They’re still floating around somewhere.

Keep in mind that, due to gravitational waves (no friction in space), the spin of the earth is getting slower. Thus, it is mandatory that an asteroid hits the earth once in a while to keep it spinning, which is what’s really predicted in the Bible.

Yea I had some really stupid errors, kinda forgot about this and got lazy to rework it