Is random /trade 'ing beneficial?

It’s already happened to me so many times, I’ve decided to throw it out there.
People are after a certain item (usually quest items), and are having difficulty buying one, even if they’ve got a good price for one (like a def/atk). The eventually run around and /trade with everyone they see, usually hitting the ‘cancel’ button disappointed. I’ve received multiple random /trades that have a happy ending - I have the item that they want that I am on the verge of dropping on the ground, and they want it - ends happily both sides.

You must be getting really lucky.

This has only happened to me once ever, and it was with a very low level who traded with me.

Most of the time, I would say they are not helpful, and just serve to annoy the people you are trading with.

No it’s a good way to get ignored and hated.

Its called hacking.
An exploit that allows them to know what type of items they want.
For example, I walked into USW3(just arrived) hoping to sell an UBHP. Before i even move or said anything, this guy trades me buying my UBHP.
Coincidence?
I think not.

So, I’m a hacker because I want a jugg and a cbow?

I think he meant to say that there’s a hack that allows you to check other people’s inventories (which is true, there is). People using it will trade with you if you have an item that they want (which is true, they do).

Having said that, I rarely accept random trades, as the chances of them having something that I want and me having something of equivalent value that they want are usually very small.

I only randomly trade people when I go around flashing my golden femur, aKa big yellow boner.

So if I went around flashing the now 3 para hp’s i have in my inventory, I could get buyers? :o

nah it’s just annoying. sometimes i seriously consider blocking people who keep sending me trade requests over and over and over again…

its more annoying when they msg you if they can have fri itenz cause you have an “op set”

Yeah this. Just to clarify, it allows the person on the hacked client to see what other people have in their inventories.

TBH, this is the only kind of hacking which seems mildly useful to be included in DECAMENU since it allows for more convenient trading; (e.g., someone with 6 def in inv is prob looking for a life)

You should join Boners of Desteny, a guild that I left 2 days ago.