Item Ideas template changes

so I got a couple edits I think the item idea template could use, mostly because I’m seeing a lot of people make the same mistakes over and over again. here’s what the current one looks like:

Thanks for contributing your idea! Please keep in mind COMPLETE and well thought out ideas are best! Low quality ideas or passing thoughts will get locked by the moderators.

Feel free to use this template as a starting point to organizing your idea. You can change it as much as you want, or even skip it altogether.

###ITEM NAME GOES HERE

In-game description of the item goes here

####Stats:

• Tier: ?

• MP Cost: ?

• Duration: ?

• Cooldown: ?

• Range: ?

• Effect: list, of, status, effects

• Stat Bonus: +10 DEF, +2 VIT, +2 WIS, etc

• Special properties: Shots pass through enemies, etc

• Fame Bonus: ?

• Feed Power: ?

• Stat 1 (ie, att)

• Stat 2

• Stat 3

• etc

####Drops From:

• Drop location 1
  • Drop location 2
  • etc

####More info
Give us a little idea of what inspired you to create this item. Got a story or some lore to go along with it? Great!

anyway it looks fine and all but there’s a few changes i think it could do with. my edits are made in red:

Thanks for contributing your idea! Please keep in mind COMPLETE and well thought out ideas are best! Low quality ideas or passing thoughts will get locked by the moderators.

Feel free to use this template as a starting point to organizing your idea. You can change it as much as you want, or even skip it altogether. Make sure to delete anything from this template you aren’t using when you’re finished, such as the stat bonuses if there aren’t any

###ITEM NAME GOES HERE

In-game description of the item goes here

####Stats:

• Tier: ?
  • MP Cost: ?
  • Duration: ?
  • Cooldown: ?
  • Range: ?
  • Effect: list, of, status, effects
  • Stat Bonus: +10 DEF, +2 VIT, +2 WIS, etc
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies, etc
  • Fame Bonus: ?
  • Feed Power: ?

- Stat 1 (ie, att)
- Stat 2
- Stat 3
- etc
(this is confusing to me and frequently gets ignored. it’s made redundant by the stat bonus line and the special properties line, this section can be removed)

####Drops From:
- Drop location 1
- Drop location 2
- etc
This section should be removed as well, there is nothing of importance to be discussed by picking a drop location in-game. it frequently distracts others from the idea itself and doesn’t mean anything at all.

####More info
Give us a little idea of what inspired you to create this item. Got a story or some lore to go along with it? Great! if it’s a little too complicated to explain in one line, you can go more in-depth here, sometimes ideas can be on the more complicated side and need a little extra explanation.

anyway i think those changes would help out, maybe you can think of a couple more, or some reason not to change those things that i haven’t thought of yet.

New class, Kunoichi

i had no idea what that meant

one thing i noticed with the template, its directed towards abilities, so some people dont delete for weapons/armor or what not. Or they dont add things b/c they assume the template has everything.

i also found that [quote=“Xaklor, post:1, topic:4016”]
Effect: list, of, status, effects
[/quote]

they basically mean the same thing? shot passing through enemies is a status effect?

Nice Xak! There should be one for guilds as well so scorxhy doesn’t need to comment on all of those posts.

Like this?

;-; but like a template when you create a new topic. Or a link to docs post

Even though I am guilty of giving too much importance to drop locations before, I don’t think this should be removed. Sure, it might be the least important thing (that and the lore, I don’t care about the lore), but including drop location makes the idea more flashed out, it’s something that should be thought of, as developers themselves need to think about this. I say we keep it.

The rest is fine and dandy.

i dont?..

Shatter usually comments the random stuff about missing crap…

i just try to find flaws within their system…

I like it. We’ll add in those changes. The template was slapped together in 5 minutes so it’s far from perfect.

What about templates for the other Ideas categories?

I actually haven’t seen them. I may take a look at them at some point, but I’ve been directing my attention elsewhere for the past couple of days. (some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been quite as active as I used to be)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.