Magma Trap

well it would definitely be a swapout but the few uses I’ve come up with are: setting up a few traps to kill things as you rush past them in a shatts, safer tombs (but you already have dbow so whatever), just killing things faster, etc.

Yeah the only advantage it has is one can throw a few down and lead an enemy through them, while with sin you need to hit the enemy.

yeah it’s definitely not good enough to drop from there.

I feel like a mega high damage trap that slowed would just be too good :confused:

I find nothing wrong with a trap that just deals damage.

Wait… didn’t I make a pure damage Trap before?

The fucking irony ;(

Well, in my defense my idea costs a lot less Mp (120 VS 200), does a lot more total damage (4800 VS 600) and is more fun to use (mimics the Fire Bombs from the Shatters VS regular Trap functioning).

Still very similar in concept, just different in execution.

There isn’t a single mob in Shatts (except maybe the Cheetosmen, and if you really can’t stand them bringing Trix and spamming Decoys into them is always going to be the best method of dealing with them) that will die after only one or two Magma Traps.

On the other hand, slowing or paralyzing Shatters mobs can be very useful, especially if you’re trying to rush past them and especially now that most stacked shots have been fixed in that dungeon.

Unless you specifically meant the one Switch before 1st boss that you ideally want to destroy from behind the wall without triggering the mobs, but again in that case Assa or Wiz (especially with ST Spell) are so much better.

All tiered Bows have been buffed and SB threshold on all 3 bosses has been drastically decreased (at least according to the latest patch notes). There aren’t really any good reasons to go full artillery on them if you’re not using a class that’s ideal for that playstyle.

Paralyzing/Slowing enemies makes damaging them a lot easier (especially with Dbow, but it also makes it easier for you to get all 3 shots in consistently while using tiered Bows).

On the other hand, 600 damage for 200 Mp=about an extra 150 DPS if you have a maxed out Divine pet. Considering that most good Huntress builds are somewhere in the 2k DPS range, that’s not exactly a significant improvement.

But Assa can spam his Poison a lot more. If you don’t time your Magma Trap perfectly, it’s likely to hit the boss during an Invulnerability phase and whiff completely, whereas another Trap would have still Paralyzed or Slowed and thus would have still been useful regardless.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.