Plasma Cannon Spell- a weird and new Spell concept

(I should really get to sleep, but f*ck it, this idea can’t wait)

###Plasma Canon Spell

This is one of the Doctor terrible’s personal creation, a miracle of magic and science!

Tier: UT ?
While Key Hold:

• Mp Cost: 10 MP/sec
  • Effect: Slow on self

When Key Release:

• MP Cost: 50
  • Shots: 15 (25 when fully charge)
  • Damage: 40-50 (90-100 when fully charge)
  • Total Damage: 600-750 (2250-2500 when fully charge)
  • Projectile Speed: 18 (8 When fully charge)
  • Range: 16
  • Effect: The damage increases while the key is hold. It first travels around in a massive ball that deals 50-300 of damage when impact (depending of how charge it is). For the max output of damage, it needs to be hold for 5 sec, more than that is a waste of mana

**Feed Power:**900
Fame Bonus: 5%

Drops Froms:

• Doctor Terrible

Have you ever wonder how the key-holding based ability of the ninja would translate to the rest of the characters?, this is something that i was thinking for a while, and finally make it real (kinda).

Behold! The Plasma Cannon Spell tm

The concept behind it is kinda hard, so pay attention; as you have notice, in the description of the spell it says “When fully charge” all over it, this is because this spell can be “powered up” for the extra cost of mana.

If you press the space bar like you normally would do with a spell, it sends out a green plasma orb that travels until it hits an enemy or obstacle,dealing 50 of damage, then explotes in 15 shoots that are very weak (like in bewteen T1 and T0); but, if you let the key hold, in begins to scale the power, inflicting you slow first.

The power increses in factor of seconds, up to 5 seconds, to put it in a graphical form:

• Shots: Increase by 2 every second
  • Damage: Increases by 10 every second
  • Projectile Speed: Decreases by 2 every second
  • Orb Damage: Increases by 50 every second

It should be point out that if you don’t have 50 MP When you releases the key, you won’t fire anything, so be carefull.

This spell have a very constant damage compared to other spell, and while it can be very situational, is a fun way to change the normal spell concept.

So tell me, what do you think of this idea?, i migth make another one that i have planned for the warrior, depending of how well this idea goes, so please let me know what you guys think; thanks for taking the time to read this :smiley:

wait so this is for wizzie?

…Is this a real question?, is a spell, so yeah

srry im like extra retarded tday i thought this was a ninja star but i didnt read the whole description[quote=“NEOTICK, post:1, topic:6081”]
Have you ever wonder how the key-holding based ability of the ninja would translate to the rest of the characters?, this is something that i was thinking for a while, and finally make it real (kinda).
[/quote]

srrybout that lol

Don’t worry about it :smiley:

full?

sprite needs more pink

Projectile

might make

A personal pet peeve of mine. It should be well, not good.

FTFY

Thanks, i write this in the middle of the nigth so i was kinda sleepy and didn’t know what i was doing, hehe.
Besides my native language is not english, so is normal that i have some typos here and there

umm…

i get the appeal of making a key held idea, but with ninja, speedy isnt always desired so people dont use it 100% of the time, but with something like this, the divine/legendary pet users get to have insanely strong spells

the name is also…

i dont get the concept at all, when you hold the spell it increases power, do you really need a ball to make it more complicated?

i do like the slow that is afflicted on self

This is exactly why i put the ball effect; you see, they may have a stronger spell, but this one travels sooooo slow, and if something impacts the projectile while traveling, it explotes, so aiming to certain bosses could be hard

I make this spell based on an ability in the kirby games, which is call “plasma”, it works exactly like this spell (kinda), the more you hold the key, the stronger it gets.

Yeah, that way the players will have to think where they should charge the spell and where they don’t, remember that 5 seconds couldn’t see as much, but in the heat of the battle, they can be the difference bewteen loot or death.

oh, sorry, ididnt get the ball effect at all…my bad

So this if for people who can aim really well?

Also, why does the projectile speed lessen when fully charged. Seems kind of weird. I think it should be the opposite, based on pure logic.

because, if it has more speed when full charge, it will be so easy to conect the shot, making it very broken

Maybe so, but when you hit enemy and they make “pop” it’s very satisfacory. Just think about it, you can spell-bomb a tomb boss while keeping it clean!

It just seemed kind of anticlimatic.

Actually a lot of shooting games do this: either you can fire a lot of fast bullets that deal small amounts of damage, or you can throw a huge fuck-you-missile that’s slow as balls but wrecks everything.

Honestly, this seems like a pretty good idea. It’s fun to use while being balanced by the Slow on charge and the fact that it can’t ignore obstacles like other spells.

Would be funny to make a Pacifist Wizard PPE using only this spell.

What’s pacifist?

No weapon?

Yes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.