Require Players to Read the Guidelines before Posting

#Require Players to Read the Guidelines before Posting

So most new forumers tend to post stuff that is against the Guidelines.

This simple yet great idea would hopefully fix that.

How, you may ask? A new account will be required to read the guidelines before doing anything else on the forum. After he/she has read the guidelines, s/he will need to take some sort of “quiz.” If the new person passes, s/he can join the forum. Otherwise, s/he must retake the quiz.

The whole purpose of this idea is to have people read the guidelines (even if a tiny portion).

Any thoughts (though I may be banned because of a little prank I’m playing on some of the mods and regulars).

I like it! Problem is, I read the guidelines, and I still didn’t get the badge. I like the idea of a test to combat this.

Anyone know how to get the badge? I read the guidelines…:frowning:

I didn’t bother reading the guidelines. I personally find it entertaining to watch the people correct this new forumer. It is all a learning process.

Read it again. :slight_smile:

Oh! I found a counter-argument opportunity in the case I get banned.

Nooooo! Dammit. I will though. Just you wait.

You literally have to READ through ALL of the guidelines. It takes a while.

No? You could just BS it…

There will be a “Take Quiz” button right next to the title.

Is it all 5 of them? Do they include links?

Yes, I said ALL. I think there is one page that has all the links somewhere, it’s by @Doc and it’s labeled Community Guidelines or something…

Thank you!

a) I’m pretty sure that such a quiz would result in less new users

b) The fact that the guidelines are rather based on common sense than on precise definitions could be a problem for this

c) If you think before posting, you dont need to know the guidelines

Nope if you stay on one post for 1sec or more fourms will count as read

who even reads

You do get a badge for having read the rules. However, it uses the original rules page, which was annoyingly the FAQ page, and could only be edited by the admins. FAQ page here.

We split the rules into a separate post, like every other forum on the planet, and posted a link from the FAQ page.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.