Ring of the Mooncrest [UT]

This is my first time trying to make a sprite.
Here it is, the Ring of the Mooncrest.

Sunset glares in it, and the Moon gives strength to it. Once powered up, you have a killer on your hand.
Stats - +40HP, +30MP, -2 Vitality
Now, you may think - 'thats it?'
This ring gets stronger, when you are in Oryx’s Lair (Oryx Castle, Oryx Chamber, Wine Cellar)
Stats when it is in Oryx’s Lair - +80HP, +100MP, +4 Attack, +6 Vitality
Drops from - Stone Guardians (white bag)
This, again, is my first item idea.
What do you think? Needs rebalancing, or what?

• Needs a nerf.
  • Needs a buff.
  • Amazing!
  • Could be improved.

0 voters

It’s ok… not sure… would just encourage wc chars

the poll doesnt have an accurate representation of people’s feelings.

Like amazing and could be improved are not on opposite side of the spectrum.

Lots of other issues with it.[quote=“Badnamed, post:1, topic:4680”]
This is my first time trying to make a sprite.
[/quote]

i like the sprite, pretty good for the first time[quote=“Badnamed, post:1, topic:4680”]
Stats when it is in Oryx’s Lair - +80HP, +100MP, +4 Attack, +6 Vitality
[/quote]

so… basically its a ring that you use in the castle, a clear swapout?
You would literally only use this in those times. Stats are even that good for it. Only class that you might use this on is, assassin.

##The Idea: 10/10. The Execution: meh.

I love the idea of a swap out ring that has a specific purpose.

Despite this, my general sentiment about the current iteration of the ring is "eh… I guess it’s okay. It just doesn’t really do what you want it to do. You want it to be pretty bad outside of Oryx, but really strong inside of Oryx. That way, you really want to carry it as a swap out.

Let’s look at your current stats:

• The MP really doesn’t matter for most of the time while you rush the stun guardians, cuz you will always be quieted.
  • The 80HP is pretty sub-par honestly. I’d rather just run UBHP
  • 6 vit, honestly who cares
  • 4 attack that is nice, but why not just run a pyramid ring. I get more health, defense, and attack.

For such a specialized ring, the stats aren’t really specialized toward helping you get through Oryx.

##My advice would be:

You need to give this ring some flavor. Make it a powerful rushing tool. Very powerful. You can make it extremely strong, because you can’t use the ring all the time, due to its normal stats outside of Oryx being pretty mundane. As such, I would do the following:

Outside O1/O2/WC

• +3 SPD
  • +2 DEF
  • +1 ATT
  • +1 DEX
  • +40 HP

Inside O1/O2/WC

• Stat bonuses for the ring are tripled yielding:
    - +9 SPD - +6 DEF - +3 ATT - +3 DEX - +120 HP
- Gains passive: reduces the duration of negative status effects by 25%

Outside of Oryx etc. you get a little bit of a speed boost and some other, basically negligible stats. It isn’t something that you want to wear all the time. This makes it ideal as a swap out, and means that I can really buff up its specialized stats, since the ring isn’t going to be worn all of the time.

As you look at the stats inside of Oryx, you get a bunch of speed to help you rush, defense to help you get through, the health to help you live, and the offensive stats to really give you a punch when you get to the boss. Furthermore, the reduction of negative status effects really helps you get through the various creatures on the way to Oryx. This gives you a clear edge in Oryx and the like, while being limited by the fact that you can only really use the crazy buffs while doing O1/O2/WC.

Note:
The name and the sprite of the item are too… happy. You are going for something that wants to help you bring down a god. Bring down THE Mad God. Try something like “Ring of the Godslayer,” “Jewel of the Fallen King,” or “The Pride Before the Fall.” Make the sprite much… darker too. Ideally black with a lot of red to match Oryx.

I absolutely love the ring’s aesthetic! The name and sprite (maybe needing a bit of shading) are very nice! The description seems a bit strange, though. I’d suggest something like,

“The Sunset shines through it, while the Moon grants it strength. When empowered, the wielder gains the power of a god.”

The perks/bonuses, however… I’m not much of a fan of them. They’re way too niche, IMO. I would make it so that upon using an ability (for Ninja, upon throwing the star), the bonuses are granted to the player for a short period of time.

Overall, pretty nice job for your first idea! It can use some improvement, but I see potential with this!

The formatting is a little off, so I made a polished version of your post for you.

i think you were too generous there.

an idea that is just a swap out for a dungeon…doesnt really appeal to me…

It should add a large amount of speed @ oryx then it would be really interesting

There are swap out spells and swords. Why not rings?

ik. but its such a clear swap out. rings already have swapouts, but they are ones like “used only in this dungeon”. Even if they did have a situation like that, its b/c of the stats/effects that the ring gives (being useful in that situation). But with this, its a clear

use in whine cellar and stuff

Idk, I guess I just like the idea of a terrible ring that becomes good for Oryx. We already make items that are basically tomb specific or shatters specific in that those dungeons are really the only times they are going to be SUPER useful. Why not just flat out limit something to a particular dungeon explicitly?

because it’s more interesting doing it the way we’re doing it now.

like what?

i just use ubhps… but i also use ubhps for every other time in game

I suppose. But UBHP doesn’t help you rush speed/defense wise. It just gives you more health. It is an all around good ring. Idk.

i literally have no idea what you are referring to as the tomb/shat ring???

Wasn’t taking about a ring per se. We didn’t make a tomb/shatt ring. But we have talked about ideas that are tailored for specific dungeons.

I feel like this ring should benefit in every dungeon, rather than just Oryx. It only encourages WC characters…

How about this:

#Realms +40HP, +30MP, -2 Vitality
#Tier 1 Difficulty Dungeons +60HP, +40MP, +1 Vit. -1 DEX
#Tier 2 Difficulty Dungeons +80HP, +50MP, +3 VIT, -3 DEX
#Tier 3 Difficulty Dungeons +100 HP, +50 MP, +3 VIT, +3 DEF, -5 DEX
#Tier 4 Difficulty Dungeons +115 HP, +55 MP, +5 VIT, +5 DEF, -8 DEX
#Tier 5 Difficulty Dungeons +120 HP, +60 MP, +6 VIT, +6 DEF, -10 DEX, -5 WIS
I don't know. I'm not an item expertise.

However, I feel that if you have a ring that can change stats in different dungeon.

You should also add some negative stats…
Sort of like the Ring Pop - it’s good for rushing, but shouldn’t be used in all circumstances.

Please don't kill me. This is my first "improvement" post for an item...

I beleieve that stone guardians white bag should be nerfed.

Make it drop from something harder.

Even as a swapout, I usually like Def and Speed for rushing Oryx and WC, MP is not as important. For Oryx himself I would use a ring that leads to more damage.

The issue with this is that dungeons such as LoD would grant less of a buff than dungeons such as Mad Lab.
Though, that’s more of an issue regarding the dungeon rating system than with the proposed change.